PDA

View Full Version : [360] Can't install from disc & crashes at start

GrumpyGamer1234
11th Dec 2015, 21:34
Can anyone help? I've a brand new retail copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. When I try to install the disc it gets to ~52% and says the disc is unreadable.

If I try to play normally, I get about 30 seconds into the opening cut-scene before my console locks up.

I've blasted the DVD drive with compressed air, I can install and play other games without issue, I've updated the console to the latest version, and I've downloaded the 300MB patch.

I've examined the disc closely and I can't see any imperfections.

Any idea what's causing this? Dodgy disc? Something else?

It's an Xbox 360 Slim (Star Wars edition) with 320GB HDD, of which about 200GB is free.

Tecstar70
12th Dec 2015, 08:32
Can anyone help? I've a brand new retail copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. When I try to install the disc it gets to ~52% and says the disc is unreadable.

If I try to play normally, I get about 30 seconds into the opening cut-scene before my console locks up.

I've blasted the DVD drive with compressed air, I can install and play other games without issue, I've updated the console to the latest version, and I've downloaded the 300MB patch.

I've examined the disc closely and I can't see any imperfections.

Any idea what's causing this? Dodgy disc? Something else?

It's an Xbox 360 Slim (Star Wars edition) with 320GB HDD, of which about 200GB is free.

Well it does sound like a dodgy disc at first impression.

GrumpyGamer1234
12th Dec 2015, 10:26
Well it does sound like a dodgy disc at first impression.

Yup - replaced the disc and all works fine. Pity quality control didn't catch it first.

Tecstar70
12th Dec 2015, 10:32
Yup - replaced the disc and all works fine. Pity quality control didn't catch it first.

These discs are produced in their thousands so they probably only check a sample. Duff ones do slip through.

ajaxle
13th Jan 2016, 20:54
I replaced my disc and it didn't help.