PDA

View Full Version : mission marker not progressing after obtaining fire arrows

larusodren
11th Dec 2015, 17:22
I downloaded the update patch today and continued my game in the Georthermal Valley. i have only ever used one save slot and have not yet completed the game.

the mission marker was at the edge of the cliff facing the tower where the fire arrow upgrade is located, next to the rope marker. Anyway, got the fire arrow, got the oil can, and then from the hanging wooden platform shot a fire arrow at the pyre on top of the tower to set it alight. then created a zip line to come back to the mainland. Except the mission marker still shows in its original location.

watching online videos suggests the mission should have update to rejoin Jacob. I have gone up and down the tower again 5 times but the next mission is not triggered. i have gone to the main village but Jacob is not there.

is this a bug and what would you suggest? This was a birthday present and i don't really want to start again.
thanks

Tecstar70
11th Dec 2015, 19:53
Have you tried loading a backup save? (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

BLITZKR13GBOB
12th Dec 2015, 00:44
The very same problem here. Backup save did not help, because it happens every time I reach this point of the game. The marker just returns to the cliff and it is impossible to rejoin Jacob.

This really drives me mad, because this game was the reason to buy the Xbox One. I loved the 2013 version and now I really would like to do awful things to the game disc...

Trashy2You
12th Dec 2015, 06:21
I am having the exact same issue and have no other saved games. Cannot progress beyond lighting the signal fire - mission marker remains on the cliff across from the fire arrow tower. Progression break = epic fail.

Trashy2You
12th Dec 2015, 06:46
Scratch that - just found a way through. The marker is still in the same place, but I happened to work my way back to the path that leads between the initial, "western" section of the valley and the "eastern" section that I need to progress to. If you are at the lower-most base camp of the Western section of the valley, in the small abandoned village where the woman who rewards you for finding secrets in the tombs is, head north-east and go as high as you can go. You'll find a dirt trail heading up. It WAS blocked with a wooden barrier and guarded by a guard when I was there earlier, but now, after not changing anything, the barrier is magically gone and the guard is standing to the side. As soon as I got by him, a cutscene started and I was able to make it to Jacob. However, my current objective is still "Investigate the Valley" and the marker remains in the same spot, some I'm not 100% certain I'm in the clear yet...

Tecstar70
12th Dec 2015, 08:25
Has anyone got this problem before installing Update #2?

HanniLou
12th Dec 2015, 12:27
Hi, I've got the same problem. Noticed it yesterday after the last update. I've been able to progress up to meet with Jacob and fight Trinity, but the objective marker is still fixed by the beacon. It doesn't seem to be stopping my progress (at the moment) but it means I don't know where I'm meant to go next! Any help would be brilliant. Thanks.

brianmullin
12th Dec 2015, 21:50
Stuck in the same exact spot. Have patched the game as of this morning, 12/12. My current objective is to still explore they valley, even tho I have obtained fire arrows, lit the beacons, and have even found jacob and survived the battle with Trinity. The progress objective diamond still points me to the edge of that cliff. Frustrating, I have no idea where to go next...

larusodren
13th Dec 2015, 10:54
Hi Guys, i added the original post and found a way to fix it. as Tecstar70 said, on the save load screen press L+R and select the back up save. This took me back to the point where i reached the village (i lost all of the progress I made on the side missions) and it reset the fire tower. This time, when i set the beacon alight, the mission marker changed to the next mission point to go and meet Jacob.

sounds like the update potentially caused this, but I'm happy i only lost a small amount of progress and was able to resolve.

Stiggington
14th Dec 2015, 17:54
Add me to the list of people with this issue, I made a thread as well since I didn't see this one: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=184344

zootshoot
15th Dec 2015, 12:24
THIS IS A CROSS-POST FROM ANOTHER THREAD BUT, IF IT HELPS:

I have had this problem too, and have discovered that what caused it (for me, at least), was the following:

I went into the village and fought through the Trinity soldiers, and the guy with the flamethrower. I then made a mistake and chose the wrong way out i.e. I went back where I had come from, through the marshes. I believe that the current location marker that was stuck was actually "shining through" the area on the edge of the cliff to somewhere in the Acropolis where I should have been going.
Unfortunately, when I realised and went back through the swamp to get back on course, the way was blocked with a spiky barricade - this is the problem - the way out should be closed as soon as you enter the village which would stop this happening.
To resolve this, I loaded the backup save from the start of Geothermal valley, and then was more careful when I went into the village. Since then, I have progressed as I should have, and all is well.
I hope that this helps someone else stuck in a similar position.