PDA

View Full Version : Sombody with a picture on their sig, help me!

Les Effant Terrible
30th Jun 2002, 23:08
Please, help me for a picture on my signature!
I go to sighost or whatever. Registered and am at
"sigadmin 1" and all that, but when I try to put in the adress and upload, it says possible file:attack. And that's all it does! Help!
Help! :confused:

Collin
1st Jul 2002, 00:04
Are you uploading from your harddrive or from a site where you found the pic? I think you can only upload from your own harddrive.

RaiderGrl
1st Jul 2002, 02:32
just wait a while and try it again later.

Dell
1st Jul 2002, 12:37
I have a pic on my sig for sure, always have one. Makes the whole sig meaningful...but you sure have to have those pics saved on your own hardrive, or on a private site you or someone else mainains to host your prospective and used sig pics. Collecting pics is quite a hobby, too.

Lots of us change our sig banners often just for the fun of it. Sorta a competition sometimes for the most fascinating and different banners.

Anyone ever tried that idea here for a bit of interest? :)

CyCro
1st Jul 2002, 15:46
First save the picture to your hard disk drive, then upload it from there. You cannot upload a picture from another web server. :)

Les Effant Terrible
2nd Jul 2002, 03:55
I got it!!! Thanx guys! I had to do a lot of research afterwords, but you helped a lot!! :D

rimfire
2nd Jul 2002, 09:40
Well, I guess I'll try it the old way and see if it works. I couldn't find anywhere to upload it. Is "sighost" some other server out there in the ether or something, or is it part of the forum?

CyCro
2nd Jul 2002, 10:34
There's a free server for hosting three different sigs (.gif or .jpg) and hotlinking to them. Here's the URL: http://www.yoursighost.com

:)

Collin
2nd Jul 2002, 14:15
@ Les Effant Terrible: look slike you've got some more research to do, 'cause your sig is waaay too big. Read this: the-official-GoranAgar-keep-your-sig-within-limitations-thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=133)