PDA

View Full Version : Does not load on Xbox One

Casey22
10th Dec 2015, 22:14
I've been playing the game for a while on my Xbox One.

Yesterday I tried to play. The game went to the splash screen then it just went black and sat there for a while.
Things I have tried so far:
-restarting the Xbox.
-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
-Moving the game from the external to the internal hard drive.
-Cleaning the disc.

No luck on those. Is there something else I can try? Thanks so much for your help.

ajaxle
12th Dec 2015, 22:00
I've got the same problem, did all of the things above.
I'm going to take the game back to the store and get an exchange.
If that doesn't work then I'll exchange it for another game like Fallout 4!

Casey22
12th Dec 2015, 23:24
I finally got it working again. Instead of just doing the regular turn off and then turning it back on, I held the power button down to completely shut it down. Then waited 20-ish seconds and turned it back on. When I did it was working again.

ajaxle
12th Dec 2015, 23:49
Just tried holding the power button down again for about the 30th time and I still just get the black screen of death.

Tecstar70
13th Dec 2015, 11:09
What language are you using. There is an issue that is fixed with Update #2: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183375&p=2185093#post2185093

ajaxle
13th Dec 2015, 20:07
I used English only. I ran into about a half dozen glitches mentioned in your list before I found a game breaker glitch in "Path of the Dead" I think it's called, the level where the challenge is to light 6 braisers. Okay, first off I managed to find and light all 6 braisers but the chevo didn't unlock, then at the end of the level where you rope climb up to the ice ledge and shimmy through a small opening in the ice, ...well the opening is no longer there. It's blocked with indestructible gray rocks! DUH! Now my friggin' disc won't load at all, ...I've tried everything and all I get is the splash screen of Lara in the snow then black screen. Before the 11th of this month rebooting, hard restarting and/or reinstalling would get me back into the game, ...I think maybe the #2 update killed my disc.

edit: BTW I was at about 80% through the game when I decided to fast travel back for collectables and started to encounter most of the glitches until after a few hours in I was hamstringed by the ZERO game progression glitches and finally on the 11th nothing but black screen.

Tecstar70
14th Dec 2015, 07:59
I used English only. I ran into about a half dozen glitches mentioned in your list before I found a game breaker glitch in "Path of the Dead" I think it's called, the level where the challenge is to light 6 braisers. Okay, first off I managed to find and light all 6 braisers but the chevo didn't unlock, then at the end of the level where you rope climb up to the ice ledge and shimmy through a small opening in the ice, ...well the opening is no longer there. It's blocked with indestructible gray rocks! DUH! Now my friggin' disc won't load at all, ...I've tried everything and all I get is the splash screen of Lara in the snow then black screen. Before the 11th of this month rebooting, hard restarting and/or reinstalling would get me back into the game, ...I think maybe the #2 update killed my disc.

edit: BTW I was at about 80% through the game when I decided to fast travel back for collectables and started to encounter most of the glitches until after a few hours in I was hamstringed by the ZERO game progression glitches and finally on the 11th nothing but black screen.

When you travel back to locations the routes that you took in the story arent always open. You have to use different routes, but they are there.

Have you tried uninstalling, turning off the Xbox, pulling the power plug for 20 seconds, reinstalling and then making sure it is updated before trying again?

ajaxle
15th Dec 2015, 18:46
Tecstar70,
I did some checking and the name of the level is "Path of the Deathless". The challenge with the 6 brasiers did not unlock when I lit all 6. The end of the level has a zip line that can't be reached, so Lara has to jump a gorge to an ice wall, use her axes to get to the top. At the top there's supposed to be an entrance that leads to the next level "Breaking In", this entrance was blocked the last time I tried it. Taking the zip line back down left me stuck in the "Path of the Deathless". I quit the game and the next time I booted the game on the 11th it would not load. I've tried all of your suggestions. When I reinstall I'm asked to install the "Day One" update either "NOW" or "LATER", ...either way I'm not informed about the new update, number two after installing "Update #1". I launce the game and it goes to black screen for a while now then back to my dash board.
Taking the disc back now for an exchange.

ajaxle
16th Dec 2015, 01:08
I got my disc exchanged and I still can't get it to launch. I installed it on my internal drive this time with NO success after uninstalling everything twice and reinstalling. I tried installing the #1 update (943.2MB) LATER the 1st time and NOW the 2nd time with NO indication of an update for the #2 update. Each time after installing it failed to launched and each time I held down the power button for 1 minute then unplugged the power unit for another 2 minutes. I restart my XBONE and wait till the dash board comes up and when I insert the Tomb Raider disc I get error codes: 0x80820002 (Tomb Raider took too long to load), 0x8027025a (Try again, if you have a disc reinsert it), 0x87de07d1 (You do not own this game, go to Market Place and buy it) WTF?
What do I have to do this defective piece of work to launch? A little help here!