PDA

View Full Version : this sucks!

TR_Freak
30th Jun 2002, 22:09
yeah they look nice but really... whats the point? We lost all of our post counts, everything is in big confusion moving from one forum to another FOR NO POINT! anyone else with me?

MountainDewNut
30th Jun 2002, 22:15
Nope, can't agree with you there. Although i was up to 1450 posts, i really don't care. it would have been nice to keep them, but now i get to work torward a new goal..... 1000!
BTW alot of members complained that they wanted an updated board, but once they got it, all they did was complain. So i'm going to maintain a positive attitude through the pro's and con's of the board ;) .

cjhilljack
30th Jun 2002, 22:37
Well, I am bummed about being bumped back to junior member, but this is a nice forum...

What exactly is the advantage of having thousands of posts?????

DKSM
30th Jun 2002, 22:41
1000 posts is a nice #. But I wanted to get 2000... I was sooo close.

Les Effant Terrible
30th Jun 2002, 22:43
Yeah, this does suck! Most of the people ahven't even heard about this message post. I still use the other one, but it's not as exciting lately. This one is nice and all. I just think it's a little too much. What was wrong with the onther one? :mad:

wriggle
30th Jun 2002, 23:01
THIS NEW FORUM ROCKS!!!!!!
We have thousand of options!!! This's perfect!!! Congrats Eidos! Thanks......

Cassiopea
1st Jul 2002, 00:42
Come on kids.. Upset because you lost your post count? There is alot more to life than how much time you spent in here, no? This place looks promising. Give it a chance.

DKSM
1st Jul 2002, 00:51
Don't worry. They will accept it soon. Come July 8th, they won't have a choice.

RaiderGrl
1st Jul 2002, 02:29
where is all the colors!??? :eek:

dgx2001
1st Jul 2002, 03:20
even though it is kinda unnessacary, i have no prob with moving to antoher forum.:D

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 03:55
Originally posted by dgx2001
even though it is kinda unnessacary, i have no prob with moving to antoher forum.:D

Actually, it was. the old forums were a wee bit too old. This one is faster and better!

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 05:17
Originally posted by RaiderGrl
where is all the colors!??? :eek:

Here are your colours. :D

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 05:33
This is definately a nice new forum... but I still wish someone would explain the big deal with the # of posts!

That enough color for ya? :D :D ;)

whitemetal
1st Jul 2002, 15:58
I'm with you on that Cjhilljack, i mean the post thing:)

eTux
1st Jul 2002, 16:34
For me and some more members the post # problem is solved :)
(lookie, lookie to the left :D ;))

The new forums are cool, the only thing that I don't like, is that we still can't have avatars :(
But I think I can live with that :)

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 17:11
Originally posted by eTux
(lookie, lookie to the left :D ;))

The new forums are cool, the only thing that I don't like, is that we still can't have avatars :(
But I think I can live with that :) How did that happen? Are they going to do that for everyone from the old forum or????

What is an avatar??????

ShirleyC
1st Jul 2002, 18:08
Just checking to see what the new forum looks like! :confused:
Shirley

Driber
1st Jul 2002, 18:26
feedback about the new forums is allowed, both positive and negative, but please refrain from using language like "this forum sucks", that is slam posting, which is against the Terms Of Use

thank you

Originally posted by MountainDewNut
Nope, can't agree with you there. Although i was up to 1450 posts, i really don't care. it would have been nice to keep them, but now i get to work torward a new goal..... 1000!
BTW alot of members complained that they wanted an updated board, but once they got it, all they did was complain. So i'm going to maintain a positive attitude through the pro's and con's of the board ;) .

that's the spirit, good man :)

Originally posted by Les Effant Terrible
Yeah, this does suck! Most of the people ahven't even heard about this message post. I still use the other one, but it's not as exciting lately. This one is nice and all. I just think it's a little too much. What was wrong with the onther one? :mad:

that sir, is a loooooong list

Originally posted by cjhilljack
How did that happen? Are they going to do that for everyone from the old forum or????

have a look here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=574

LARAMANIAC
1st Jul 2002, 18:46
I do not understand the pre-occupation with post counts!!!!:p

Driber
1st Jul 2002, 18:51
well, for some people, it's like owning a big car....... :D

hehe

LARAMANIAC
1st Jul 2002, 18:55
Would that be a male thing - an extension of the..................:p

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 19:07
Thank you Driber - I appreciate it!

Lara Croft Unlimited
1st Jul 2002, 19:55
Also, if you look at the old forum... the color is so dark. This forum has life to it

Data
1st Jul 2002, 20:13
Originally posted by DriberBallZ
(On post counts)...well, for some people, it's like owning a big car....... :D

hehe

So how do you like my roller blades... :)

Deekman
1st Jul 2002, 23:46
Originally posted by eTux
(lookie, lookie to the left)

Yes! Creative Location Profiling! I did that after my first coupla posts here.

DKSM
2nd Jul 2002, 00:11
Good idea. I'll do that too, eventually. :D Although I may not need to considering how fast my post count is rising.

jso2897
2nd Jul 2002, 00:41
It is a done deal. No choice - so I like it. May as well be happy as mad.

LaraCroft2006
2nd Jul 2002, 03:15
I like the forum, I'm just in a haze as to how it works. Like how I accedently(sp?) started a new topic when I was trying to post on another. Probly' hit a wrong button.

Driber
2nd Jul 2002, 09:35
Originally posted by Data

So how do you like my roller blades... :)

hehe, nice one ;)

actually, I envy you..... you can quickly squeeze through small passages while me and my big Limo are stuck in traffic :D

Kat
3rd Jul 2002, 17:19
this place is da BOMB baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, it's nice and the new way of registering will help keep out the riff raff.

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 18:43
Did anyone else here notice that if you click on the button that says 'Members' is has an option of showing who are the Top 10 posters, and then everyone after that??

I was #19 when I last checked last night. :D

DKSM
3rd Jul 2002, 21:49
I'm #2. :D

Aquarius
3rd Jul 2002, 22:47
I've moved up to #14 now, lol, but I think this makes me #13.

MWAAAHHHAAAHHAAAAHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:)

Watch this ends up becoming competitive, if it isn't already. :D

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 23:19
I'm number #3, close behind DKSM

Goku Noble Warrior
3rd Jul 2002, 23:48
The new VB board is much better, and why do people care about their post counts so much?

*spam*

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 23:50
Originally posted by Goku Noble Warrior
The new VB board is much better, and why do people care about their post counts so much?

*spam*

same goes with their registration date ;)

DKSM
4th Jul 2002, 13:12
Originally posted by MountainDewNut
I'm number #3, close behind DKSM
A little too close. ;)

Driber
4th Jul 2002, 16:30
if you guys keep this up, ya'all don't have to worry about post counts anymore soon.....

post counts don't count if you don't make the posts count.....so make those counts count for something!

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 20:15
What????

So let's get this, make them count, even though they don't count??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Driber
6th Jul 2002, 10:30
lol, did I confuse you?

have a look here and you'll see what I mean: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1072

croftmania
14th Jul 2002, 20:03
The only thing that bothers me is that I was used to the old forum.Oh well.It doesn't really matter to me that I lost my post count.It's like taking some years off.So,now I am young again-and enjoying it;)

NZrevenge
15th Jul 2002, 13:33
I really like these new forums. They are a lot more... functional.

Hey mods, how about getting those webmaster d00ds to add in [center] and [right] tags for layout purposes? And I would also appreciate a much longer maximum length on the address within an [img] tag... Thanks!