PDA

View Full Version : 28 hours of my life completely wasted

MottMaster
9th Dec 2015, 23:41
Thanks Crystal Dynamics, for making this area completely inaccessible if you happen to miss the campsite when you're running through.

http://i.imgur.com/eG5MdjE.jpg

I'm now unable to get the collectibles that are in that area, because it's blocked off on BOTH sides. I was loving this game, right up until this point but now, I'm not so sure I even have the will to carry on.

Tecstar70
10th Dec 2015, 01:14
I see there is a campsite in the area you are indicating. Are you saying that you can't fast travel to it?
Have you tried loading a backup save? How to access a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)
Have you been rotating your save slots? If so can you load up a previous earlier save?
Thee are two zip wires leading into that area. Are they both inaccessible?

a_big_house
10th Dec 2015, 12:59
I didn't think camps appeared on the map until they were discovered? So you must be able to fast travel to it?

Kollikodon
10th Dec 2015, 16:53
Have you tried loading a backup save? How to access a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)
Have you been rotating your save slots? If so can you load up a previous earlier save?

Might be drifting off topic here, but if backup saves and save-slot rotation are the answer to so many problems, perhaps that whole process should be automatic and more visible in the game UI. If users *could see* that they could go back N saves, without having had to do anything ahead of time to facilitate it, maybe they wouldn't have to come here and get the same answer as dozens before them. Just a suggestion, to save everyone more work and aggravation.

Tecstar70
10th Dec 2015, 19:20
Might be drifting off topic here, but if backup saves and save-slot rotation are the answer to so many problems, perhaps that whole process should be automatic and more visible in the game UI. If users *could see* that they could go back N saves, without having had to do anything ahead of time to facilitate it, maybe they wouldn't have to come here and get the same answer as dozens before them. Just a suggestion, to save everyone more work and aggravation.

Ideally the automatic backup save system they have implemented should be enough, but I think with any game its good practice to rotate game save slots. I do it for all games I play, particularly Day One releases when bugs can come to light. You never know when something will screw up. I know you shouldn't have to, but technology goes wrong. Its a fact of life. People back up their phones so its the same principle.

Driber
10th Dec 2015, 22:28
Kollikodon, it's not that the good practice of rotating save slots is the answer to the bugs, but rather just general advice; advice that I think is worth repeating. Tecstar is doing it in a totally non blaming-the-player kind of way, and just trying to help people, so I think that's fine. Also, MottMaster is new to the forum; the OP was his first post here, so it's very possible he hasn't even seen the other posts in this forum where the topic of rotating save slots has been mentioned before.

a_big_house
11th Dec 2015, 08:29
People back up their phones so its the same principle.

...Yes... I certainly back up my phone...

not