+5% Max Health

+15% Health from supply stations

+10% Stun Resist

+2% Move Speed

+3% Sprint Speed

-8% Weapon Recoil

-5% Weapon Spread

-5% Weapon Reload Speed

+5% Clip Size, +10% Ammo Capacity (Alchemist is normally denied this statistic. Only her Unique weapons have it. Take note that the

game always rounds up. The Kama has a default Clip Size of 7. 7 + 5% = 7.35, rounded up = 8.)

Negative:

+5% All Cooldowns

-5% Max Health

-15% Health from supply stations

-10% Stun Resist

-2% Move Speed

-3% Sprint Speed

+8% Weapon Recoil

+5% Weapon Spread

+5% Weapon Reload Speed

-5% Clip Size, -10% Ammo Capacity (Alchemist is normally denied this statistic. Only her Unique weapons have it. Take note that the

game always rounds up. The Kama has a default Clip Size of 7. 7 - 5% = 6.65, rounded up = 7.)

Possible Special Ability Statistics [Vampire]

Positive:

-5% All Cooldowns

+5% Max Health

+10% Regen Speed, -10% Regen Delay

+10% Stopping Power Resist

+2% Attack Speed

+10% Wall Climb Speed

+5% Dodge Distance, -5% Dodge Cooldown

On Kill, +5% Move Speed and +5% Attack Speed for 5 sec

Negative:

+5% All Cooldowns

-5% Max Health

+10% Regen Speed, -10% Regen Delay

-10% Stopping Power Resist

-2% Attack Speed

-10% Wall Climb Speed

-5% Dodge Distance, +5% Dodge Cooldown

On Kill, -5% Move Speed and -5% Attack Speed for 5 sec

Possible Primary and Secondary Ability Statistics [Human]

Positive:

-10% Cooldown

+2% Max Health

+8% Health from supply stations

+5% Stun Resist

-4% Fall Damage

+1% Move Speed

+1.5% Sprint Speed

-4% Weapon Recoil

-4% Weapon Spread

-2% Weapon Reload Speed

+1% Attack Speed (Can only generate on the Vanguard's Secondary Abilities)

Negative:

+10% Cooldown

-2% Max Health

-8% Health from supply stations

-5% Stun Resist

+4% Fall Damage

-1% Move Speed

-1.5% Sprint Speed

+4% Weapon Recoil

+4% Weapon Spread

+2% Weapon Reload Speed

-1% Attack Speed (Can only generate on the Vanguard's Secondary Abilities)

Possible Primary and Secondary Ability Statistics [Vampire]

Positive:

-10% Cooldown

+2% Max Health

+5% Regen Speed, -5% Regen Delay

+5% Stopping Power Resist

+1% Attack Speed

+5% Wall Climb Speed

+2% Dodge Distance, -2% Dodge Cooldown

On Kill, +2% Move Speed and +2% Attack Speed for 5 sec

Negative:

+10% Cooldown

-2% Max Health

-5% Regen Speed, +5% Regen Delay

-5% Stopping Power Resist

-1% Attack Speed

-5% Wall Climb Speed

-2% Dodge Distance, -2% Dodge Cooldown

On Kill, -2% Move Speed and -2% Attack Speed for 5 sec

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR COMPLAINTS

If you have weapons or abilities with statistics that haven't been posted, then please share! I'll update this thread as we go.

I think the game simply picks a random positive and negative statistic from the pool, but it's possible that the forge has intricacies we know nothing about. Critical thinking will be required to uncover its secrets, should it have any.

Again, if you see any errors, then please let me know.

Raptr0s
8th Dec 2015, 22:10
Quite useful information.

Thank you!

HexMee
8th Dec 2015, 22:52
Alchemist can't get +/-5% Clip Size, +/-10% Ammo Capacity.
Vanguard seems (for whatever reason) to be able to get +/- 1% attack speed on his secondary.

You forgot a bunch of stats in the secondary page for both sides:
Humans secondary:
+/- 5% stun resist
+/- 1% movement speed
+/- 4% recoil reduction
+/- 4% spread reduction
+/- 4% fall damage

Vamp secondary:
+/- 5% Regen Speed, +/- 5% Regen Delay
On Kill, +/- 2% Move Speed and +/- 2% Attack Speed for 5 sec

Worth noting about +/-5% Clip Size, +/-10% Ammo Capacity is that it always rounds the number it lands on UPWARDS.
This has a huge impact on how much you really get from this stat.
Ex 1:
Basic Hunter repeater has 22 rounds. If you add 5% to 22 you get 23.1, the game rounds this up to 24 so you get almost 10% even though the text says 5%.

This logic also works the other way around:
Ex 2:
Basic Scout compound bow has 7 arrows. If you subtract 5% (negative stat) you get 6.65 arrows, the game rounds this up to 7 so you get no negative impact whatsoever, essentially a "free" stat.

BZiGER
8th Dec 2015, 23:06
Good thread ;)

perpetualodium
9th Dec 2015, 00:19
Alchemist can't get +/-5% Clip Size, +/-10% Ammo Capacity.

I'll make a note of it, but are we one hundred percent sure about this? The Alchemist's Series 2 Unique has it.

Vanguard seems (for whatever reason) to be able to get +/- 1% attack speed on his secondary.

I'll put that in there, but we might need to post a bug report. Have you had this happen recently? +% Attack Speed seems like a distinctly vampire statistic.

Thank you so much for your contribution.

Raptr0s
9th Dec 2015, 00:55
I've never seen a Vanguard attack speed buff on my end, but could you imagine that on a waraxe?

God help us

HexMee
9th Dec 2015, 16:47
I'll make a note of it, but are we one hundred percent sure about this? The Alchemist's Series 2 Unique has it.

I'll put that in there, but we might need to post a bug report. Have you had this happen recently? +% Attack Speed seems like a distinctly vampire statistic.

Thank you so much for your contribution.

Well mathematically speaking you can never be 100% sure no matter how many reforges you do unless a dev specifically says that it's impossible to get ammo on alche, but i've spent a good 80-100k gold trying to get that +ammo on hand cannon to no avail, never saw the negative version of it either which adds to my suspicion that it's just not there.
So you're telling me the lustrous gaze or whatever the shiny golden alchemist cannon is called has +ammo stat? If so I MUST HAVE IT!

I used to have a rousing cry for vanguard with +1% attack speed but I reforged it since it's basically worthless imo :p

http://i.imgur.com/8RpS4Hi.png
Here's a charge with -1% attack speed I still have though.

KaininitePriestess
13th Dec 2015, 05:23
Worth noting about +/-5% Clip Size, +/-10% Ammo Capacity is that it always rounds the number it lands on UPWARDS.
This has a huge impact on how much you really get from this stat.
Ex 1:
Basic Hunter repeater has 22 rounds. If you add 5% to 22 you get 23.1, the game rounds this up to 24 so you get almost 10% even though the text says 5%.

This logic also works the other way around:
Ex 2:
Basic Scout compound bow has 7 arrows. If you subtract 5% (negative stat) you get 6.65 arrows, the game rounds this up to 7 so you get no negative impact whatsoever, essentially a "free" stat.

This is extremely good to know for the future, when considering how best to forge weapons. Especially the part about having basically a very small effect on the Scout's Compound Bow. :|a I'll have to take a look at that more fully once I start trying to re/forge things.

Ysanoire
13th Dec 2015, 14:44
I used to have a rousing cry for vanguard with +1% attack speed but I reforged it since it's basically worthless imo :p

Why would health and cooldown be worthless on a vanguard ability? Those seem to be great stats in my eyes.

KaininitePriestess
13th Dec 2015, 14:50
Why would health and cooldown be worthless on a vanguard ability? Those seem to be great stats in my eyes.

Probably because it's only +/- 1%.

perpetualodium
13th Dec 2015, 15:01

You misread his post. He reforged his Rousing Cry because it had +1% Attack Speed. He posted a screenshot of his Shield Charge ability, which has two good stats, but also -1% Attack Speed.

Anyways, I know for a fact that we're missing some positive and negative properties. If you guys could check your weapons and abilities, it'd be much appreciated.

SonixSquad
13th Dec 2015, 23:05
Ok I'll play.

Heres part of my spreadsheet I started when I first started crafting. Basically I would note down every negative effect I rolled under the positive effect counterpart. The intention was to see if only certain negative effects were attached to certain positive effects.
I think my conclusion was yes, although you will see the same effects on different items, its not completely random.

http://i.imgur.com/vu2mreJ.jpg

You're welcome.

Ysanoire
14th Dec 2015, 05:05
You misread his post. He reforged his Rousing Cry because it had +1% Attack Speed. He posted a screenshot of his Shield Charge ability, which has two good stats, but also -1% Attack Speed.

Oh, right, it was a diff ability, nvm.

perpetualodium
15th Dec 2015, 17:12
I think my conclusion was yes, although you will see the same effects on different items, its not completely random.

How much testing did you do? If this is true, then we need to start recording data in a much more thorough way. Damn.

SonixSquad
15th Dec 2015, 21:53
How much testing did you do? If this is true, then we need to start recording data in a much more thorough way. Damn.

What you see there is at least 100+ rolls. It doesn't look like a lot because if something was rolled that was already in the list, then there was no need to add it again. If it was totally random, eventually you would see all the same negative effects under every positive effect.
Obviously theres some planning to this, they wouldn't want you to be able to get 2 strong positives and 2 weak negatives on one item.

perpetualodium
16th Dec 2015, 03:40
What you see there is at least 100+ rolls. It doesn't look like a lot because if something was rolled that was already in the list, then there was no need to add it again. If it was totally random, eventually you would see all the same negative effects under every positive effect.
Obviously theres some planning to this, they wouldn't want you to be able to get 2 strong positives and 2 weak negatives on one item.

Alright. I'm gonna list every positive and negative effect. Once that's finished, I'll go through all of my stuff and start recording data your way. I think it's worth it to figure this stuff out.

Hopefully some peeps help me out. It'll be slow progress otherwise.

Edit: I'm going on what could be a long hiatus from Nosgoth.

Any player in the Nosgoth community can feel free to take the information contained in the OP and build upon it. I think that figuring out the inner workings of the forge system could prove to be invaluable, especially for the ESL community.