PDA

View Full Version : The Square Enix Holiday Surprise Box [2015]

Grimoire
8th Dec 2015, 17:47
Square Enix 2015 Surprise Box (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/square-enix-2015-surprise-box)

The Square Enix Holiday Surprise Box (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/square-enix-holiday-surprise-box-2015) [2015]
- The Square Enix Holiday Surprise Box is back!

bluehawk1976
9th Dec 2015, 11:23
As the title say - I want to buy it and I understand it's for unknown games.

But, what is the policy in case I have several or even all of the games in the package - are they interchangeable with some other games or am I going to find myself looking for friends interested in these games?

Grimoire
9th Dec 2015, 12:03
The five games in this surprise box are not interchangeable.

Maniac23
10th Dec 2015, 18:47
The five games in this surprise box are not interchangeable.

But if you are lucky you maybe get a refund for the whole bundle if you havent redeemed the codes.

I hope i dont get banned for the next words but......

If you dont own many or any SE game and dont care how old/cheap the games are you should buy the bundle.

I bought the Christmas Bundle 2014.
The games were:

Thief - The Master Thief Edition ..........The only acceptable one
The Last Remnant........Alread had this/Cheap Game
Murdered: Soul Suspect..........Not my genre/traded it
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light........Already had this
Deus Ex - The Fall........Already had this
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack.........Already had this

Was expecting some FF game dont think it was in the bundle (at least not in the bundle of the ppl i saw)

Got the easter bundle too.
Games were:

Life is Strange - Episode 1......Not my Genre and only Episode 1 not even the full game.
Just Cause Collection.......Already had this/Old and Cheap game
Hitman Absolution Elite Edition........A bit older and not really expensive/Already had this
Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition........Very old and cheap game/Already had this

Refunded that bundle because i didnt want any of the games or already had it.

smurf2047h
18th Dec 2015, 18:28
who do I contact to express my complete dissatisfaction with this package

Madmaxneo
19th Dec 2015, 08:34
I pre-purchased that holiday surprise pack and there were only two games on the list that I do not already have in my Steam account. So I went to load up the first one which is Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn. But when I entered the key Steam tells me the key is invalid. I tried it different ways as the key they posted to my account had spaces where the dashes should have been. I tried adding dashes, removing the dashes and with no spaces, but nothing worked. I sent in a customer support request but I want to see if there was something else I can try while I await their response.

Thanks in advance.

ukfreakster
19th Dec 2015, 11:48
No idea how to contact or email customer support so I'll try posting here. I got my holiday box and went to the squareenix store to buy life is strange ep 2-5 and use the 10% code. I still have it up showing that the code is invalid even though it was copied n pasted from the email.
What's the point in sending me invalid codes that I cant even use!!

Maniac23
19th Dec 2015, 12:06
who do I contact to express my complete dissatisfaction with this package

Hahaha i knew it.
What crappy games were in this time?

Grimoire
19th Dec 2015, 14:58
Square Enix 2015 Surprise Box (http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/square-enix-2015-surprise-box)

The 2015 Holiday Surprise Box opens…
- So what’s inside (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/2015-holiday-surprise-box-opens%E2%80%A6)?

Maniac23
19th Dec 2015, 21:15
So everyone got:
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.....Lowest price ever was 4$ would never play it
Thief.....Dunno what thief but when it was thief gold its like 1$ and i would already have it
Final Fantasy XIII.......8$ would be a good game if i wouldnt already have it
Life is Strange Episode 1........2.50$ but i would never play it
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn........Online game with monthly cost so i wont even count it as game

All games are like 15.50 if you dont already have them.
For me it would have been a totally waste of money.

drucifer
21st Dec 2015, 06:40
Is it possible to get a refund on my purchase?

I don't like the content and have not redeemed any codes.

Thanks.

RoriumEdad
21st Dec 2015, 07:30
Hello guys,

I bought the surprise box at $9.99 and opened it friday, I got a CD key for Final Fantasy XIV : A realm reborn, but when I use it in Steam, it tells me the CD key is invalid.
Any of you would know why ?

Thank you and have a nice day

muddn2urgrave
21st Dec 2015, 18:48
Hello. I purchased the 2015 holiday bundle last week.

I never received an email with the relevant information on the 18th.

I have tried to contact support about the matter but it won't let me log into support.

I keep getting a incorrect user name or password error.

I don't have a clue what to do.

(Update)

I got this resolved. The codes were located in the store orders section. I was expecting an email.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

RoriumEdad
23rd Dec 2015, 07:37
Same problem here with a cd key of FF XIV a realm reborn, I also have a key for 10% discount on life is strange ep 2-5 but didn't try it yet

Kokiden
23rd Dec 2015, 09:30
I pre-purchased that holiday surprise pack and there were only two games on the list that I do not already have in my Steam account. So I went to load up the first one which is Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn. But when I entered the key Steam tells me the key is invalid. I tried it different ways as the key they posted to my account had spaces where the dashes should have been. I tried adding dashes, removing the dashes and with no spaces, but nothing worked. I sent in a customer support request but I want to see if there was something else I can try while I await their response.

Thanks in advance.

you redeem FFXIV code with Square, not with steam. The other codes are for steam

Eczembil
23rd Dec 2015, 13:47
Same problem here with the Humblebundle Key. Got a Key that i cant even use at my SE Account.

IlGardo
26th Dec 2015, 20:28
Same problem here with the Humblebundle Key. Got a Key that i cant even use at my SE Account.

Yep man, I've got the same problem with Humble Bundle Key! Someone have some ideas?

EDIT: WOW, I've just found a solution in the humble bundle support service.
Idk if I can post the link here, anyway, you have to go in humble bundle support and search for "square enix bundle 3", there you find the Key Redemption Instructions!

Daehawk
28th Dec 2015, 04:16
I also got a key from my Humble Bundle purchase that I cant enter anywhere. The key is 20 characters long in 5 groups of 4..so it looks like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx . The only code entery available on SE's page is either 3 6 3 6 or 8 3 or something like that. How do I enter the damn code and play my game???

On the HB site it has instructions to go to the SQuare Enix MOG page. But my SE login does not work there and I cant get it to create an account there. Is that site fake because my SE login does not work. WHATS GOING ON!????

Daehawk
28th Dec 2015, 04:22
May have to try and get a refund or something. Worst online registration / gaming site Ive ever seen. Must be made by the North Koreans or Chinese as a form of torture.

Daehawktitan
28th Dec 2015, 05:19
******* hell damnit. As you can see I created a brand new SE account and STILL the ******* MOG site wont log me in wit hit..says wrong ID or PassWord....Ive tried both my email and my username in the damn ID box..Im SICK of this ****. ALl I want to do is play a game I bloody well paid money for. Damn that MOG site.

Daehawktitan
28th Dec 2015, 05:42
GOT IT!!! My friend saved me. He gave me the link to download the client. From the launcher it allowed me to create a new account with security question and all. With that one I could log into that damn MOG site...now the game is installing. Should be good.

For others with this problem try downloading the client and use IT to create the account. and reg code the game.

Heres the download link

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/