PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Tomb Raider - SAVE bug!! - Any suggestions?

Frostnut
7th Dec 2015, 04:56
I've been playing Rise of The Tomb Raider for a number of hours, turning off my XboxONE whilst the the auto save wheel was off when I was done and so on.

I recently exited my game back out to the main menu to access the Square Enix 'Sign up' page under the 'Options' menu to create an account. I then entered my email address, followed the prompts via my email and it was done.

Then, when I went back to the main menu and clicked 'Continue' to continue playing, the game automatically started a new game and overwrote my current save file. Before I clicked 'Continue' I could clearly see my save file, number of hours and percentage completed were there.

I was only about 15% complete so starting again wasn't a big issue, but I'm concerned this may happen again.

Any suggestions on how to avoid?

Tecstar70
7th Dec 2015, 08:02
Have you tried this: How to access a backup save (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989&p=2182925#post2182925)

Frostnut
8th Dec 2015, 00:29
No I haven't.

This error just happened again with my new game file!

I quickly hit the Xbox button on the controler and 'Closed' the game completely. THEN my old game file was back in slot one!

Instead of hitting 'Continue' i went 'Load game and selected the file. This worked.

Square Enix need to get this stuff sorted, seems like a basic bug that should never have gone to market.

Tecstar70
9th Dec 2015, 07:28
Square Enix need to get this stuff sorted, seems like a basic bug that should never have gone to market.

Well seeing that so far you are the only person to experience this one it may be difficult to reproduce but I am sure that if they can they will fix it.