PDA

View Full Version : No more life is strange?

UNKLEPhilosophy
5th Dec 2015, 11:17
Looks like Dontnod is making a different game "Vampyr"
https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/18/dontnod-vampyr-pc-ps4-xbox-one-e3-2015/

I'm not saying I'm happy or sad at least they not ruin Life is Strange with dlc and sequel...:)
This is what I'm talking about! I always wanted to see a dev studio what make always different IP and not sequels...

Ross42899
5th Dec 2015, 12:26
Yes "Vampyr" is Dontnods new game project. But I'm pretty sure we will see more "Life is Strange" in the future. The game is praised by critics and players alike and won several awards (or ranked 2nd). So IMO it would be a huge mistake not to continue this IP sometime.

JohnRemarque
5th Dec 2015, 12:27
it was all said. The story needs no further explanation.

UNKLEPhilosophy
5th Dec 2015, 12:31
Yes "Vampyr" is Dontnods new game project. But I'm pretty sure we will see more "Life is Strange" in the future. The game is praised by critics and players alike and won several awards (or ranked 2nd). So IMO it would be a huge mistake not to continue this IP sometime.

I'm not saying I don't wanna see more life is strange game I just fear they could ruin the game... If the Season2 would be in Season1 world with the same cast as long chloe personality is not change she remains the same I'm in, but it would be better with different casts and place.

Ross42899
5th Dec 2015, 21:00
it was all said. The story needs no further explanation.

Well, not everything was explained. There are still some things which seem to be a bit ambiguous to me. It's not enough for a complete new game/season though. If Dotnod wants to use some characters of the season 1 cast again, the best would be somekind of a standalone "bonus DLC episode." This way you could explore some characters a bit more and try to explain some of those "ambiguous" things.

I bet we will see a "complete" season 2 someday, but with a new cast and a new story will be told (which is what Dontnod hinted at already). This will allow Dontnod to expand the Life is Strange IP, give fans what they want (more LiS), be creative and tell a new unique story (which isn't limited/restricted by the events of season 1)

UNKLEPhilosophy
6th Dec 2015, 08:33
Well, not everything was explained. There are still some things which seem to be a bit ambiguous to me. It's not enough for a complete new game/season though. If Dotnod wants to use some characters of the season 1 cast again, the best would be somekind of a standalone "bonus DLC episode." This way you could explore some characters a bit more and try to explain some of those "ambiguous" things.

I bet we will see a "complete" season 2 someday, but with a new cast and a new story will be told (which is what Dontnod hinted at already). This will allow Dontnod to expand the Life is Strange IP, give fans what they want (more LiS), be creative and tell a new unique story (which isn't limited/restricted by the events of season 1)

"bonus DLC episode." This way you could explore some characters a bit more and try to explain some of those "ambiguous" things"

Sadly I always hated dlcs, (there is some exception like witcher3 dlc) anyway what more? we know everything about the key characters, (max,chloƩ,jefferson) other characters was not really important...

Messiah_X
6th Dec 2015, 15:25
I think it would be more accurate to say no more Life is Strange right away. The developers working on another project does not prevent them from returning to this one. As a pretty new dev, Dontnod is still finding their place in the world. Life is Strange was a big success for them, but they will still try out some other ideas. Who knows, maybe Vampyr will flop and they will realize that their best place is as healthy competition for Telltale.

UNKLEPhilosophy
6th Dec 2015, 19:06
I think it would be more accurate to say no more Life is Strange right away. The developers working on another project does not prevent them from returning to this one. As a pretty new dev, Dontnod is still finding their place in the world. Life is Strange was a big success for them, but they will still try out some other ideas. Who knows, maybe Vampyr will flop and they will realize that their best place is as healthy competition for Telltale.

"As a pretty new dev,"
Correction: dontnod is not new dev...founded in 2008 remember me originally was "adrift" for PS3 exclusive the game would launch in 2011, then in 2013 released as remember me.

"Who knows, maybe Vampyr will flop and they will realize that their best place is as healthy competition for Telltale".
yes maybe, but VAMPYR is sound too good even now.... there is not many game out there with this setting and plot/gamestyle..

XTwipz
1st Jan 2016, 18:29
Life is Strange should continue of course in my opinion. This game is so well-written. But it shouldn't feature the same characters and the same place even if the actual gameplay should be the same.
I'd think of a new story of this kind with new characters, a new power?, new plot... I love these narrative based stories that focuses on feelings.