PDA

View Full Version : Flashpoint Ignites This Weekend!

Oghamsmith
4th Dec 2015, 16:18
http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/673/blog/flashpoint.gif

With the Human rebellion looking to strengthen its grasp across a number of key territories, rebel forces have turned their attention to capturing militarily advantageous positions. The more they hold, the better their chance of victory.

Flashpoint tasks the Humans forces with capturing a series of control points across the map. Two points are initially available, chosen at random, and when one point is captured, another appears. Humans have a limited amount of time to complete their mission, but each successful capture adds time to the clock, extending the match. Vampires win if they can prevent captures long enough for the match timer to run out.

Whether you’ve played Flashpoint before, or are looking forward to trying it out for the first time, we hope you have a blast with the game mode this weekend! We would love to know what you think of it, paying particular attention to how you can make use of the new Ping system to coordinate your efforts to attack, hold and defend objectives !

SonixSquad
5th Dec 2015, 14:11
I have to say, I'm enjoying Flashpoint this time around. Not sure whats different about it from before (apart from us having pings now) and maybe theres an element of having just finished the League 3.0, playing something different is a welcomed change of pace.
I actually almost forgot about Flashpoint altogether tbh so its nice to see the return of the 3rd gamemode.

My one criticism would be that the game as it is currently doesn't have the population to splinter & populate 3 game modes.
So perhaps consider a mode that incorporates DTB and FP on a rotation rather than having them as seperate lobbies. Yes this won't be popular with all, but I think its a good compromise rather than having 3 segmented and underpopulated modes, we then have 2. One of which is DTB and FP on a rotation, the other is pure TDM unranked.

ProDoctoR1987
5th Dec 2015, 20:30
I prefer to play Flashpoint ! CTB and DM or good for switching :)

riccetto80
6th Dec 2015, 01:31
I have to say, I'm enjoying Flashpoint this time around. Not sure whats different about it from before (apart from us having pings now)

the main change who impact gameplay are the point being switched when a point is captured, so a single human cannot cap half point alone, while the other are almost for sure being capped from the other 3 humans...

Also spawn seems better, with humans dont spawn anymore close to cap point giving insane advantage as before.

My one criticism would be that the game as it is currently doesn't have the population to splinter & populate 3 game modes.

NO NO AND NO!!!!

The population is little also because there is no mode beside TDM and in the end after 50/10/200 hours you get sick and tired of always and always the same mode, and you simply play another game...
Let user be able to choose what to play, please.
This will help player to change a little gameplay without close nosgoth and open another game.

perpetualodium
6th Dec 2015, 02:53
I'm loving Flashpoint, and I have no real complaints. It seems just as polished as TDM. One thing, though. Could we get some background about the weapons that the humans are trying to activate?

Ysanoire
6th Dec 2015, 23:08
I really like flashpoint, and I'm super glad it's available.

I think the spawns are much better now, I didn't notice anything ridiculous. Two things though:

- the active capture point order is the same for both teams, to make things fair. But initial spawns AREN'T (I think).

- occasionally, only one point is available for capture. I noticed this three times and each time it was the letter E, as if E doesn't have a pair or something.

xNarcissusx
7th Dec 2015, 07:56
Can confirm what Ysanoire said regarding only getting 1 location to capture, Bazar on provance and I think it's called dining halls on the Fane (the one sort of in the center, letter E is probably correct idk).

As for spawns I have a slight concern on smaller maps like Provance, for organized teams they can sort of manipulate how the humans will spawn. It's not uncommon one human survives a little longer and if he survives until after the others start spawning, they will run towards one of the capture points. But when that last human dies and is going to respawn he will be sent in a completely different corner of the map because by then one vampire will have quickly reached the main group and "blocked" any human left to respawn.

A minor concern that maybe I'll be the only one that thinks is a problem is that I'm almost always starting on the vampire side. I can't really prove it but it's definitely not one of those moments where you only remember the "worst case scenario", I literally started as vampire 14 if not 15 times out of 15 matches yesterday. The reason this is annoying is that when you win a match you win with 1 point, regardless of it was an even match or a complete stomp. But if you lose in a situation where the human team is playing 3-4 times better it gets frustrating real quick knowing there is no way for your team to score, especially when it makes the exact same teams multiple matches in a row.

River_
7th Dec 2015, 15:50
Okay, so after quite a bit of FP gameplay, here's some feedback:

I like the gamemode. It is a bit underpopulated, but imo it is a perfect 'take a break' game mode.
Only thing I would like to see added for now is overtime. It is a pain in the ass knowing you lost while you still have 45 seconds to go, knowing you can't cap it in time. So if that could get added, then please! It also is pretty weird CTB does have such a thing, and FP doesn't.

Oghamsmith
7th Dec 2015, 15:57
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's very much appreciated :)!

The solo capture point issue is something that we're actively investigating.

The spawning point is an interesting one. It may very well be an improbable occurrence, but we'll take a look at the data.

Vampmaster
7th Dec 2015, 16:18
Perhaps there should be something like 5 kills (or more) either counts as a capture for the vampires or removes a capture from the humans score. I think it would prolong the matches, which can be a bit short at the moment.

Ysanoire
8th Dec 2015, 00:38
Did this really have to be so short? Once in several months, for 3 days, come on.

lucinvampire
9th Dec 2015, 12:54
Did this really have to be so short? Once in several months, for 3 days, come on.

Yeah tell me about it, I got to play one day and that really really sucked bad, can't we like have a whole week of it at least?