PDA

View Full Version : This forum needs to be easier to log into.

GenocidePete
4th Dec 2015, 00:51
This doesn't have to do with Nosgoth specifically, but the process of logging into this forum is such an imposition that I don't even bother responding to the majority of threads that I otherwise would. I can't imagine I'm alone in this feeling. Isn't it time for some refinement?

Ygdrasel
4th Dec 2015, 01:20
It can certainly be a bother. In my case, I hit Log In, then Steam, then another Login (if the cookies have been wiped, Steam requires an email-validated security code prior to this), then navigation specifically to the Nosgoth section of the Squeenix forum.

Though sometimes, I just hit login and it pulls me right back to whichever thread I was browsing, nice and simple.

KaininitePriestess
4th Dec 2015, 05:18
Yeah, I've never been fond of this style of login system for forums, though I doubt that it's something that's really up to the people who run the forums. I've been a member of other forum communities that are run on the same system, and it looks like it's the way the client runs it, whereas the "owners" of the forums just design the layout, forums and subforums and moderator abilities, etc.

Passarbye
8th Dec 2015, 18:47
I used to have problems with these forums (log in, then taking forever to navigate back to the page i was on) until I started opening the Log in page in a new tab, logging in, and then just closing that tab and refreshing whatever page I'm on. That way, I don't have to navigate all the way back to where I was just to post something. :thumb: hope this helps.