PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes 3/12/2015 - Team Pinging - Prestige Vanguard

Oghamsmith
3rd Dec 2015, 15:06
https://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/671/blog/blog-20specific-20marker.jpg

Pinging (Voice Free Communication)
Whether you’re standing back to back, weapons raised and ready to reintroduce the end of existence to the resurrected dead; or you and your undead brethren are cinching the noose, ever tighter, around the necks of your next feast: executing a coordinated assault as a team is an oh-so satisfying experience.

With Nosgoth’s new Pinging system, performing a synchronized dance of death alongside the rest of your team will become a great deal easier, especially for solo players! Pinging allows you to place an indicator in 3D space and on your minimap highlighting key points of information such as enemy locations, objectives and general points of interest.

The second half to the system is a list of pre-determined messages such as “follow me”, “Need Help/Healing” etc. Check out our latest Deep Dive (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183983) article that goes into a great deal of detail about Pinging.

We would love to hear your thoughts on this system, please don’t hesitate to provide your feedback about it in the forum.

http://i.imgur.com/kuLR5E3.jpg?1

Elite Drowning Man Skin
Having proven their capabilities on the battlefield on more than one occasion, it is with a great deal of joy that we can finally equip Vanguards around Nosgoth with their new Elite skin. Upon reaching level 25, your Vanguard will earn his brand new combat garb.

General Improvements and Bug Fixes

Abyssal Bolt’s damage at its epicenter no longer implodes in upon itself when a Human is present. The ability now causes the correct amount of damage to Humans at its center.
Sometimes, the match would start before Boast animations had played. This should no longer be the case.
Rewards for leveling your character no longer block the XP number that is displayed at the end of the round when levelling up.
Chat now clears its history when transitioning across lobbies/game modes
Minor improvements to object/wall collision across all maps
Minor menu UI and Audio fixes

Vampmaster
3rd Dec 2015, 15:12
https://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/671/blog/blog-20specific-20marker.jpg

Pinging (Voice Free Communication)
Whether you’re standing back to back, weapons raised and ready to reintroduce the end of existence to the resurrected dead; or you and your undead brethren are cinching the noose, ever tighter, around the necks of your next feast: executing a coordinated assault as a team is an oh-so satisfying experience.

With Nosgoth’s new Pinging system, performing a synchronized dance of death alongside the rest of your team will become a great deal easier, especially for solo players! Pinging allows you to place an indicator in 3D space and on your minimap highlighting key points of information such as enemy locations, objectives and general points of interest.

The second half to the system is a list of pre-determined messages such as “follow me”, “Need Help/Healing” etc. Check out our latest Deep Dive (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183983) article that goes into a great deal of detail about Pinging.

We would love to hear your thoughts on this system, please don’t hesitate to provide your feedback about it in the forum.

http://i.imgur.com/kuLR5E3.jpg?1

Elite Drowning Man Skin
Having proven their capabilities on the battlefield on more than one occasion, it is with a great deal of joy that we can finally equip Vanguards around Nosgoth with their new Elite skin. Upon reaching level 25, your Vanguard will earn his brand new combat garb.

General Improvements and Bug Fixes

Abyssal Bolt’s damage at its epicenter no longer implodes in upon itself when a Human is present. The ability now causes the correct amount of damage to Humans at its center.
Sometimes, the match would start before Boast animations had played. This should no longer be the case.
Rewards for leveling your character no longer block the XP number that is displayed at the end of the round when levelling up.
Chat now clears its history when transitioning across lobbies/game modes
Minor improvements to object/wall collision across all maps
Minor menu UI and Audio fixes

Finally! The Prestige Vanguard! :D Any screenshots? I've already seen the concept art but no 3D render yet. It will look amazing with the shield I won from league! Will that be out today too?

I'll look forward to trying out the ping system.

Oghamsmith
3rd Dec 2015, 15:53
Elite Drowning Man screenshot added! Hopefully you guys like what you see :).

The League shield (The Drowning God), won't be released today as we're still verifying League winners etc :).

Louves
3rd Dec 2015, 15:57
Screenshot is too big and the list is broken.

The skin looks great, good job :)

Vampmaster
3rd Dec 2015, 16:00
Elite Drowning Man screenshot added! Hopefully you guys like what you see :).

The League shield (The Drowning God), won't be released today as we're still verifying League winners etc :).

That definitely deserves to be the Lv 25 reward. It's the best one for the Vanguard, IMO. Like I was saying it will look awesome with the league shield.

CountEyokir
3rd Dec 2015, 16:29
I'm gonna have to point something out with the Vanguard's tempest ability there.

1- How is his weapon staying in his hand like that if he's not holding it?

2- His thumb is going through the Axe handle every time

Oghamsmith
3rd Dec 2015, 18:02
Screenshot is too big and the list is broken.

The skin looks great, good job :)

That's what I get for updating the post while getting the dev environment up and running on 8 PCs :/. Fixed now.

That definitely deserves to be the Lv 25 reward. It's the best one for the Vanguard, IMO. Like I was saying it will look awesome with the league shield.
Agreed, glad ou like it. I agree, that combo will be great :).

I'm gonna have to point something out with the Vanguard's tempest ability there.

1- How is his weapon staying in his hand like that if he's not holding it?

2- His thumb is going through the Axe handle every time
Good observations!

Orchal
3rd Dec 2015, 18:03
My Vanguard is level 25 but the skin is not unlocked

MasterShuriko
3rd Dec 2015, 18:04

same here

Shikei001
3rd Dec 2015, 18:08
First impression of the patch... no Vanguard skin :(

Second impression of the patch... the marker system is rly awesome *_____*

Third impression of the patch... ALL audio vanishes every 2-5min for 30 sec^^

CountEyokir
3rd Dec 2015, 18:09
Good observations!

Quick animation fix next patch a must there, lest we think the Vanguard has a magnet under his skin to keep his axe handle firmly attached to his palm

Oghamsmith
3rd Dec 2015, 18:13

same here

First impression of the patch... no Vanguard skin :(

Working on this at the moment. Should be resolved now!

Second impression of the patch... the marker system is a rly awesome *_____*
Hope that's not sarcasm, if so yay! I'm really excited about the system. Even in its first phase release it's pretty good, when we hopefully get Health Station/Body pinging in as well, then I'll be even happier :).

Third impression of the patch... ALL audio vanishes every 2-5min for 30 sec^^
This...is a little less exciting...what audio hardware do you have?

MasterShuriko
3rd Dec 2015, 18:16
Working on this at the moment. Should be resolved now!

Hope that's not sarcasm, if so yay! I'm really excited about the system. Even in its first phase release it's pretty good, when we hopefully get Health Station/Body pinging in as well, then I'll be even happier :).

This...is a little less exciting...what audio hardware do you have?

yay He´s Here =D He looks awesome <3

Oghamsmith
3rd Dec 2015, 18:20
yay He´s Here =D He looks awesome <3

Thanks for the confirmation. Always good to have you guys confirm that our fix attempts actually work :).

Shikei001
3rd Dec 2015, 18:56
So I can confirm skin is here and it looks awesome (tho I dont rly play vanguard much xDDD)

No it was not sarcasm^^ I rly like the Ping :D

Regading the auido Problem:
I use onboard sound and headset... but so far all of my teammates have the same issue (at the same time)...
Sometimes the audio just stops.. you dont hear the hits you do or take.. and no skills (mine and others)^^
Don't know about background music... because I have it turn off in the audio settings...

Fatereaver
3rd Dec 2015, 19:12
Just wanted to sneakily ask for a feature since we are on the subject of the Vanguard, Oghamsmith, any chance that you could ask the development team to remove the uncancellable weapon reload? It would be nice to be able to protect yourself with your shield and abort the automatic reloading. Lost count of how many times this has gotten me killed, making Vanguard not a very appealing class to me. :(

-Axon-
3rd Dec 2015, 20:18
Just wanted to sneakily ask for a feature since we are on the subject of the Vanguard, Oghamsmith, any chance that you could ask the development team to remove the uncancellable weapon reload? It would be nice to be able to protect yourself with your shield and abort the automatic reloading. Lost count of how many times this has gotten me killed, making Vanguard not a very appealing class to me. :(

People were asking this for almost a year now, not sure whether this discussion is being completely ignored or what. But that'd be an awesome asset to have with Vanguard.

Anywhom, the Vanguard's skin looks somewhat good but I have a question, relating with prestige level: where's the shield?

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog_image/618/blog_large

-Shiro-
3rd Dec 2015, 21:28
The vanguard skin looks better than expected. Great job on it !

For the ping system, it's really nice, except for the things pointed about by San (about disguise). I'd like to add something though : give us an alternate sound for it, because I find the actual one very annoying (or at least the possibility to disable the sounds). It's already a lot of informations on the screen, and the sound makes it even more distracting.

Can you please tell us when the prophet elite skin will be released ? Any preview ?

kLauE187
3rd Dec 2015, 21:51
- You can tag invis deceivers and it tracks their movement while they are invisble. There is not much accuracy needed for tagging, so
Seriously? But np, will get fixed in 2 month gg
Why would you need a pingsystem in a game like nosgoth anyway, it's not a ****ty moba. All it does is blocking your vision and distracting from actual gameplay.

Ygdrasel
3rd Dec 2015, 22:04
Some nasty side-effects on the ping system:
- You can tag while you are dominated (I guess that's okay)
- While you dominate somebody you can tag "through their eyes" (That's okay too I guess)

The second one makes sense. You are in control and using their flesh.
The first does not. A dominated mind shouldn't have that control.

Raptr0s
3rd Dec 2015, 23:21
If only the Vanguard's new helmet covered his face...

Ah well, still looks great

Ygdrasel
4th Dec 2015, 05:00
If only the Vanguard's new helmet covered his face...

Ah well, still looks great

We have enough skins covering the face. Hunter...Deceiver...Evolved Sentinel...(some) Vanguard...Prophet...

It's like Nosgoth hates faces.

BZiGER
4th Dec 2015, 08:12
''With Nosgoth’s new Pinging system''
What to say what to say NEW Pinging System. I have read about it and yesterday and i try it and first immpresion cool. Second impression WHY? Game is losing some of game magic now with that.

To be concrete first their is no question where are there ? Some one will ping them.
Scout is to be hidden someone will see him and ping him also work on Decivers too.

Sometimes (Allot of times) team is not so good and someone will get attack alone and other 3 would not even seen that, now he can PING help and team will see. Some of you would say THAAA that's why PING is theire.
New problem that i see with PING System is that now team is more in chaice mode (Humans)Again special bad when team is bad not looking and start chasing all on 1 vamp.

This game require some skill to play and that's is one thing i like it allot. I don't like PING system and i think it's bad and to be removed.

Here is one crazy idea for the game.
Sentinel>>can carry one of his team mates in air (like Tyrat) and drop him to do down (jumps smash) making interacting teammates and do some things together !

Sasha_Vykos
4th Dec 2015, 08:22
''With Nosgoth’s new Pinging system''
What to say what to say NEW Pinging System. I have read about it and yesterday and i try it and first immpresion cool. Second impression WHY? Game is losing some of game magic now with that.

To be concrete first their is no question where are there ? Some one will ping them.
Scout is to be hidden someone will see him and ping him also work on Decivers too.

Sometimes (Allot of times) team is not so good and someone will get attack alone and other 3 would not even seen that, now he can PING help and team will see. Some of you would say THAAA that's why PING is theire.
New problem that i see with PING System is that now team is more in chaice mode (Humans)Again special bad when team is bad not looking and start chasing all on 1 vamp.

This game require some skill to play and that's is one thing i like it allot. I don't like PING system and i think it's bad and to be removed.

Here is one crazy idea for the game.
Sentinel>>can carry one of his team mates in air (like Tyrat) and drop him to do down (jumps smash) making interacting teammates and do some things together !

I kinda agree wih it. On one hand I appreciate the system but on the other I really dont't for all the reasons here explained.. plus I add that the notification system can be very spammy and it is very distracting.

perpetualodium
6th Dec 2015, 03:06
I'm loving the ping system. Really loving it. The ping graphics on the HUD look really slick. One thing, though. I'd like to be able to close the menu by pressing the same button.

Oh, and part of me wants a "Stick together!" option. "Attack together!" could be the vampire alternative. I'd map it to the ~ key and list it at the top of the menu.

Vampmaster
6th Dec 2015, 03:20
I'm loving the ping system. Really loving it. The ping graphics on the HUD look really slick. One thing, though. I'd like to be able to close the menu by pressing the same button.

Oh, and part of me wants a "Stick together!" option. "Attack together!" could be the vampire alternative. I'd map it to the ~ key and list it at the top of the menu.

Unless there's a time where you don't want people to stick together and attack together, you wouldn't need a button and it could just auto flash on the screen every five seconds just in case people forget.

perpetualodium
6th Dec 2015, 07:18
Unless there's a time where you don't want people to stick together and attack together, you wouldn't need a button and it could just auto flash on the screen every five seconds just in case people forget.

You're right. It'd be superfluous.