PDA

View Full Version : Enchantig

PsychoCZ
1st Dec 2015, 21:17
Why does my enchanting course gives the + and - when Enchanting should rather add than subtract, and besides you must be recharge, enchanting is a disadvantage rather than an advantage, and it's too expensive, oculut objects are thereby better than misterious and it would probably be like this . So I wanted to ask why this is so and eventually. Naka whether it will change?

Vampmaster
1st Dec 2015, 22:40
Why does my enchanting course gives the + and - when Enchanting should rather add than subtract, and besides you must be recharge, enchanting is a disadvantage rather than an advantage, and it's too expensive, oculut objects are thereby better than misterious and it would probably be like this . So I wanted to ask why this is so and eventually. Naka whether it will change?

It's so the game stays balanced. Nobody gets upgrades, but you can pick which stats suit you the best. Otherwise the players who'd played most would have the easiest games. Worse than that, it would mean the player's who spent the most money are strongesty as well. It would be pay to win.

Ygdrasel
1st Dec 2015, 22:55
It does seem too expensive given the payout rate of gold, random nature of the forge, and increasing cost of reforging. But the - has to be there. It's a tradeoff.

Raptr0s
1st Dec 2015, 23:28
I rather enjoy the + and -s not only from a design point of view, but also a gameplay way as well.

It gives a way to slightly alter how classes handle, which kinda mixes things up here and there.

But other than that, I always felt like the forge is lacking, for lack of a better term.

The random attributes just seems hastily implemented and it is rather expensive.

I always felt like the forge could be overhauled in terms of interface and how it gives enchantments, but I've never really thought how it could be done well.

Kootkha
2nd Dec 2015, 02:06
Isn't it a better way, to make forge much more expensive , but get rid off random ?

GrayPhilosophy
2nd Dec 2015, 15:54
Like Vampmaster and Ygdrasel said. It has to be there, it's a tradeoff.

Enchanting your things isn't a buff, it's a way to improve one thing at the cost of another to better suit your playstyle.

For example, if you're really good at dodging and avoiding damage, but not very good at controlling weapon recoil, you can afford to reduce weapon recoil at the cost of lower health, if that was an option. Or something similar to that. It's an adjustment or specialization, not a buff.

Granted though, the randomness and price is outrageous.

perpetualodium
2nd Dec 2015, 18:49
I always roll with a +100% All Booster, so the rate of gold for me is fine.

I love the forge, and I love the positives and negatives, but I agree that they could use tweaking and more thought. A poison resist stat would be great. The forge is expensive, and the random chance can be brutal, but it's extremely rewarding when you get what you want. It's what makes it addicting.

Oh, and I like that the stats don't impact the game in an extreme way. Not only are they hard to get, but they strike the right balance between not doing anything, and doing too much.