PDA

View Full Version : What is your tomb raider obsession level???

Chronicles5
30th Jun 2002, 17:44
How obsessed are YOU with tomb raider??? post your other stuff down here:

I have all the games, play some type of tomb raider everyday i can, save the game boxes, have all the strategy guides, and I'm able to quote from them, I have Lara's Book, the Lara Croft Files, and other misc. books, I have the Special Editoin DVD and on VHS.
I could beat any level off the top of my head, and I play levels in my head to pass time or fall asleep. I listen to Tomb Raider music on Windows Media Player, and I could not imagine life w/o tr. ;)
Lara's book mentions the movie The Stepford Wives so I had to watch it. I'm really obsessed, are you?? :D

LARAMANIAC
30th Jun 2002, 18:05
I really love Tombraider, I have all the games, plenty of magazines, the movie on DVD, and my Ericsson mobile is the Tombraider promoted version which plays TR ringtone!!! I have a replica TR key and numerous other bits and bobs. I am always playing one of the Tombraider games and could play them all day long!!!!!!!!!!:p

Aquarius
30th Jun 2002, 19:33
lol I kept thinking it said, how POSSESSED are you. LMAO!!:D

The Gamester
30th Jun 2002, 20:00
:o Now this is what I call going to the edge (and one step from crossing the border). It sounds like you want to marry this girl. I don't mind playing the Tomb Raider games or watching the movies but may I remind you that they are, after all, just games. They are designed to be entertaining and a good escape once in a while from daily stress. So, take some words from the wise, Get real! :o

Chronicles5
30th Jun 2002, 20:11
Originally posted by Aquarius
lol I kept thinking it said, how POSSESSED are you. LMAO!!:D

ROTFL!!!! :D:D:D

@The Gamester- I have a life but less of one than normal people :D

Bidy
1st Jul 2002, 02:29
Right now I'm glad Lara isn't alive because if she was and she read this she would probably come shoot you guys. ;)

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 02:48
well she wouldnt kill me lol :D

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 03:38
I'm really obsessed. i don't play the games everyday, but i do fiddle around with custom programs for the LE.

dgx2001
1st Jul 2002, 05:23
love TR, love lara, have all games, beat all the games, i think thats an extreme obsession! :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

purple rain
1st Jul 2002, 08:01
i voted the "like but not obsessed" option.
if i get bored i re-play games but i'm not about to go out and buy myself a tomb raider coffee mug ya know?

V_Croft
1st Jul 2002, 10:32
I'd say I'm really obsessed. I play TR a lot, I have the DVD, I have a mobile with Lara (lol), I spent a lot of time in this forum... what can I say i'm obsessed! ;)
I don't play the games all the time but I play them a lot! And if you take a look at my desktop you'll see Lara 4 sure!
:D

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 13:22
Originally posted by purple rain
but i'm not about to go out and buy myself a tomb raider coffee mug ya know?
well I'm obsessed, and I don't have a tr coffee mug! and btw people theres nothing wrong w/ obsession!! it just means that tomb raider really is that good!! ;)

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 16:53
Well, it occurred to me, just before I voted, that I am just obsessed enough to spend a lot of spare time here, chatting with you folks about TR. LOL

I do intend to replay all of the games - just finished playing 2 for the 2nd time recently and am was working on Chronicles for the 2nd time w/my best friend - but she took it home to work on it herself for awhile.

But I don't own any Lara paraphernalia...I bought my friend the DVD and I only own TR1 myself.

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 19:59
Im not obcessed whatsoever. Tomb Raider is a great game, i enjoy playing it, and Lara is the best. But if AOD were to be suddened cancelled for released i would just move on with my life.

thanhkim
2nd Jul 2002, 09:33
I love the game, Lara is so cool! Rock n roll I have it bad the TR bug, I must say my obsession got the notice of Eidos cause I got an email from one of the moderators say it's only a game hmmmm so I'm obsessed! Party dudes party!

Raider Sunrise
2nd Jul 2002, 13:26
Lara rocks and TR is the most wonderful game in the world... what more can I say??? :D Of course obsessed!!!!!!!!!

Deekman
10th Jul 2002, 03:45
Before I read the poll, I thought you meant "which level am I most obsessed with".
That would be The Cistern - just can't get enough of those sound effercts.
Then the Train to Alexandria. Because, well, it;s a TRAIN!

http://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/67/99/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-575549/armybaywin.gifhttp://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/67/99/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-575546/armycannon.gifhttp://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/67/99/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-575548/UPchallengerRFLAG.gif

Abyss Darkness
10th Jul 2002, 17:03
heh, thats what i thought it meant as well.

Anyway, I suppose I'm generally obsessed, not a big deal. Heh.

Jadetale
10th Jul 2002, 22:29
I guess you could say I'm sorta obsessed, but not to the point where I need to have Lara Croft pictures everywhere in my room. I saw a guy who had pictures posted on the net about his "Lara Croft shrine". :eek: It was pretty dang scary.

EddyBones
11th Jul 2002, 00:24
I'm obsessed but I haven't beaten all the games yet. I do own then all, mind you. I like to get the TR action figures and stuff. Now I just need to get the TR lunch box...

Godfather
11th Jul 2002, 22:03
Originally posted by Chronicles5
How obsessed are [b] YOU with tomb raider??? post your other stuff down here:

How obsessed am I with Tomb Raider ... I AM Lara Croft!! :D

tomb_raiding
12th Jul 2002, 21:21
I M SO OBSSESSED IN TR GAMES

u could say if "no TR no tomb_raiding "

Jade
3rd Sep 2002, 15:50
obsessed, that's a big word, no not for me.
like, now that's a word for me, as in i like TR, very very very very very very much!:D

the_internet_king
3rd Sep 2002, 18:11
im not completly obsesed but im at a point were wen i c the word tomb written down i think tomb raider and wen i hear the name lara i think lara croft ect (:

:eek:

Aquarius
3rd Sep 2002, 22:38
Originally posted by the_internet_king
im not completly obsesed but im at a point were wen i c the word tomb written down i think tomb raider and wen i hear the name lara i think lara croft ect (:

:eek:

I wouldn't neccessarily call that an obsession. That's more or less recognizing something new, and comparing it to something that you're familiar with. lol My Freshmen year, we would get so bored at lunch that we would play word association games. They can actually be quite fun, lol, if around a certain type of people, immature too! :p :D

thanhkim
30th Sep 2002, 20:25
one I live on this forum two if I don't have something to do with TR/Lara croft I get withdrawal. So I guess I'm OBSESSED! Yes it's only a game but it's a one in a million! :D

AmO
30th Sep 2002, 22:58
tombraider is a great game, but i saw a certain connection to my oldest grandaughter, and got a kick out of that. we have played all the games several times, i have some Lara memorabilia and dolls, i love comming to these forums, and oh Gandolf, a lara lunchbox?, boy, i have to get one of those! too cool,:D

thanhkim
2nd Oct 2002, 20:20
Actually to be honest my raiding obsession really only started to go over kill since I've been on the forum talking to you folks I feel we bounce of each other and it keeps us going. I love it and Lara Croft is just totally so Cool and sweet as a button!

EddyBones
3rd Oct 2002, 02:02
Indeed, a TR lunch box. I should have gotten one when I had the chance. Can't find one now:o

A little off topic: Didn't they make Smurfs lunch boxes? I want one of those too:)

Godfather
3rd Oct 2002, 08:11
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
A little off topic: Didn't they make Smurfs lunch boxes?

Well, come to Belgium; we're still selling them I guess (since The Smurfs are a Belgian invention)

DaveJ
3rd Oct 2002, 08:17
Obsessed?
No.

Interested?
Yes... it comes and goes, though.

Jade
3rd Oct 2002, 19:32
Originally posted by Godfather

Well, come to Belgium; we're still selling them I guess (since The Smurfs are a Belgian invention) really? i thought they were french...

Godfather
3rd Oct 2002, 22:30
Originally posted by Jade
really? i thought they were french...

Damn, they think the same of Jean-Claude Van Damme and Audrey Hepburn (she was born in Belgium, you know)

They're all from Belgium originally ... don't take away the few things we own! :mad: :p

DaveJ
4th Oct 2002, 07:26
I would've thought any self-respecting country would do their best to dis-own Jean Claude Van Damme?

Van Damme: "Is this chair busy?"
Dennis Leary: "No...if it were covered in plaid it would be busy..."
Van Damme: "What...? Is not in my diction...."

THE True Lara
5th Oct 2002, 10:31
At last! Someone else who thinks so!

Jade
5th Oct 2002, 12:41
Originally posted by Godfather

They're all from Belgium originally ... don't take away the few things we own! :mad: :p i just thougt the smurfs were french, i didn't mean to upset anyone!!!!!!!!! don't take it so serious!!!

Chronicles5
6th Oct 2002, 15:38
Well, you guys seem to be getting OT :D

Jeeez, when did I post this? Like 6 months ago!!??!?!!! :D

It has lasted a long time :D

Godfather
20th Oct 2002, 23:24
Originally posted by Jade
i just thougt the smurfs were french, i didn't mean to upset anyone!!!!!!!!! don't take it so serious!!!

I'm sorry to have sounded so seriously ... I was only half of it ... you know: seriously? I always am; by the way! :D

WesternWhiteWolf
29th Nov 2003, 19:35
I love Tomb Raider, I'm slightly obsessed, but not as much as I used to be. It has greatly influenced me. I'd only be more obsessed if my parents had more money, so then I could buy all the Tomb Raider merchandise I wanted.:cool: :p