PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions for the Devs!

perpetualodium
1st Dec 2015, 16:37
I'm planning to stack cooldowns on my Vanguard.

I've got -10% Cooldown on my Primary and Secondary Abilities. I use the 10% cooldown reduction Talent. I'm rerolling my Mysterious Waraxe in the hopes of getting -5% All Cooldowns. I'm planning to go for a second -10% Cooldown enchantment on all of my Primary and Secondary abilities.

Question 1: Does all of this cooldown reduction stack?

Question 2: Let's say I Enchant my basic Takeoff ability to make it Uncanny. I don't like the Enchantment, so I Reforge it until I get what I want. Some time later, I want to give it a second Enchantment. So I pay the 750 and give it one. Is that new Enchantment locked? How does locking work? I keep hearing about stats getting locked.

Raptr0s
1st Dec 2015, 23:34
I've not figured out how locking works, as some of my gear is locked and some isn't. Haven't experimented with it though.

AS for cooldowns, I'm not sure that you can have two -10% cooldown attributes on the same item. I've only ever had one attribute be a cooldown on any gear I have.

But yes, if it says for all cooldowns, it stacks, however a -10% cooldown on your shieldbash doesn't transfer over to your other skills. It has to say ALL cooldowns for it to cover everything, otherwise, it's local.

But, having an all -10% on other gear on top of a local -10% should indeed give it -20%.

Keep in mind that - cooldown attributes drain your gears energy the quickest

kLauE187
2nd Dec 2015, 03:13
1. You can only get 25% max cooldown if there's a talent with 10% for the specific class, but not on your vampire special attack (max 15%). Also it's not possible to get 2x cooldown on one ability neither as positive or negative.

2. You should always target to get the stat you want with the first try because if you reroll one stat the other one is locked. It may require a lot of gold to rebuy weapons/abilities until you get the stats you want if you're like me and try to get perfect builds. I never have any spare gold because crafting takes it all.

perpetualodium
2nd Dec 2015, 04:03
2. You should always target to get the stat you want with the first try because if you reroll one stat the other one is locked. It may require a lot of gold to rebuy weapons/abilities until you get the stats you want if you're like me and try to get perfect builds. I never have any spare gold because crafting takes it all.

Worst thing for me is that I actually did get what I wanted on at least three of my abilities. Problem is that I kept going until all of my primary and secondary abilities had -10% cooldown for two classes, and I didn't keep track of which ones I got on my first try. There's no distinction. Wish I knew now.

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Dec 2015, 00:09
I don't understand why they lock it out, but it works like this:
You can have max of 2 buffs...but you can only reforge one buff, so they lock the other one.

That's how it works, but why they do this i'm not sure. Maybe to make it harder to get the 2 buffs/debuffs you want, so you spend more time/gold/materials?

Ygdrasel
4th Dec 2015, 08:02
I don't understand why they lock it out, but it works like this:
You can have max of 2 buffs...but you can only reforge one buff, so they lock the other one.

That's how it works, but why they do this i'm not sure. Maybe to make it harder to get the 2 buffs/debuffs you want, so you spend more time/gold/materials?

As if it's not hard enough being random with increasing cost every time plus the crappy payout/drop rate of gold and materials...

Raptr0s
9th Dec 2015, 01:01
As if it's not hard enough being random with increasing cost every time plus the crappy payout/drop rate of gold and materials...

IMO, the only thing they need to do is reduce the cost.

AS cheap as it sounds, the randomized outcome is a good money sink and play incentive.

If we could pick our loadouts, using the forge after you got what you wanted would be pointless, and gold would become that much more worthless.

I've already bought all of my perma abilities, so the forge is the only thing I need gold for.

It is a bit costly for a randomized setup, but the sooner you get what you want, the more worthless your gold becomes over time, and the less inclined you are to play for gold.

That's why perma-abilities are so much more expensive than 7 day ones. It gives incentive to either play and grind for the gold for a perma, or gives an option for someone who just wants the ability now, while simultaneously making them need to play more for their next lease on that ability, or a perma version if they liked it.

More abilities, weapons, offhands and forge (de)buffs would greatly increase the value of gold, since theres more things to spend it on.

The less there is to buy and the easier it is to buy, the less worth gold has

If gold is virtually worthless, you might as well scrap currency and have everything unlock at specific levels or other milestones.

Make sense? I'm usually pretty scatter-brained on forums.