PDA

View Full Version : Penitants

Octagon
30th Jun 2002, 17:23
What do you do to maximize the creation of these guys?

I was lead to believe that sleep deprivation or lack of love helped...but doesnt seem to work for me.

I don't understand...I let on board a pilgrim ship and watch the visitor moods...8 or so ppl wanting redemtion. Give it 2 minutes and those ppl have droppped down by half...2 more minutes and they no longer want to be saved. What gives?! Are they getting their spiritual satisfaction from someplace else on my station?

Damn, I have gone to far on the randomizer to be beaten by bloody lack of penitants!

AlphaOmega
30th Jun 2002, 18:16
Hire 12 monks, which will make 12 statue things, which will make 12 penitants!

Creamy_Goodness
30th Jun 2002, 21:32
Then grab some popcorn and go to the Bio-Deck :)

Binro_the_Heretic
1st Jul 2002, 01:39
I think only peeps with a low "soul" desire will become penetants after chatting with one of your zedem.

You have to sort of dig through the moodsin00.txt file to find out what causes a peep's soul desire to go up or down. It's different for every race.

Octagon
1st Jul 2002, 06:08
So, do I need to make the soul value go up or down to promote penitant formation?

I only have 25 minutes or so to make 3 penitants on the randomiser user mission I am playing before I lose. I have over 12 Zedem monks all of excellent quality, but with such a big biodeck it is hard to get ppl to convert...not to mention they get distracted by my pleasure deck activities.

Urgh...there has to be some action you can take rather than wait and hope...I have played the 25 minutes out about 10 times now!!:(

Binro_the_Heretic
1st Jul 2002, 13:09
Have you tried praying for penitants? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm pretty sure you have to have peeps with low soul and zedem monks with at least one skill point. (but more than one is better)

Also, be sure to police the temple frequently for criminal zedem. They'll drive potential converts away.

And be sure to check out the moods text file to see what causes peeps to lose soul.

Binro_the_Heretic
2nd Jul 2002, 19:23
REDUCING SOUL:

I dug through the moods files and think the following info would be helpful for driving peeps to seek forgiveness for their transgressions.

Roullesse wheels cause soul to drop regardless of whether the peep wins or loses/

Getting drun in bars causes peeps' soul to drop.

Avoid building viewing galleries and plaza fountains as they increase soul.

Petting a memau also increases soul but there's nothing you can do about that.

Love nests, oroflexes and discos cause zedem soul to drop but raise soul in all other races.

Raising the price of a room causes a hit to the soul.

Ilness and incomplete cures cause hits to the soul.

Soul losses and increases also happen when peeps talk. It varies depending on the type of peeps conversing. Some races are incompatible. Some are beneficial to one another. Most peeps gain soul talking to a zedem, but sirens lose soul.

Some statues and furniture also raise and lower soul again depending upon which type of peep you're talking about. A salt-hog has their soul raised looking at "Endeavour" but loses soul when it looks at "Furies."

Dead peeps also cause soul to drop.

The problem is most stuff that causes soul to drop causes other moods to drop as well. You want to drive your peeps to seek redemption, you don't want to drivem them off the station or to suicide.

You wouldn't want to hire criminal sirens to give all you visitors cold showers. You wouldn't want to have a poorly-equipped sickbay and hire unskilled greys.

Best bets:

Turn your pleasure deck into Vegas in space. Build roullesse wheels and bars mostly. A few hotels should be okay. Throw in as few love nests as you can. No discos, shops, viewing galleries or plaza fountains. Furnish rooms as sparsely as possible. Jack up the prices on all your facilities.

Pinky the Cow
4th Jul 2002, 05:59
Make sure you possess an extensive commsensor-net, it would let you get calls from pilgrims, peeps eager to accept penance.

SkrasherSmasher
4th Jul 2002, 20:16
Originally posted by Binro_the_Heretic
Petting a memau also increases soul but there's nothing you can do about that.

Ha ha ha, I beg to differ. Bombs stop memaus from being pet very, very easily. A large cleaning force of scuzzers cleaning up trash aka starving the memaus is an effective yet boring method of cleaning out these soul spreading breakdancing beasts of unspeakable evil!!

Ok I made up that last part... but hey, you never know...

EDIT: Incorectly bolded part of the quote.