PDA

View Full Version : GameStop dlc problem

Dlrean
30th Nov 2015, 01:35
I preordered tomb raider a few weeks ago and downloaded the preorder package. However a few days ago I had a wifi connection problem and Microsoft told me that to fix it I might need to restore my Xbox to factory condition. So I did and wifi is working fine now. I redownloaded tomb raider but lost all my preorder stuff (my hand cannon,outfit, etc). How would I get them back?

Tecstar70
30th Nov 2015, 07:59
If you redeemed a code then that was redeemed on your Microsoft account. If you go to Xbox.com and log in to your account it should appear in your purchase history. Might be worth double checking, although if it was there before then it should be listed. Did it appear on the Xbox as a game add-on (rather than in-game) ? If you go into the games and apps on the xbox and manage Rise of the Tomb Raider does it show as available content?

Dlrean
30th Nov 2015, 21:48
If you redeemed a code then that was redeemed on your Microsoft account. If you go to Xbox.com and log in to your account it should appear in your purchase history. Might be worth double checking, although if it was there before then it should be listed. Did it appear on the Xbox as a game add-on (rather than in-game) ? If you go into the games and apps on the xbox and manage Rise of the Tomb Raider does it show as available content?

It's a game add on and it doesn't show up in purchase history. I can't even find the add on in the add on cause the only way you can get it is from the preorder code from GameStop which I already used

Valenka
1st Dec 2015, 01:00
It's a game add on and it doesn't show up in purchase history. I can't even find the add on in the add on cause the only way you can get it is from the preorder code from GameStop which I already used

You may have to contact Xbox and inquire on how to reinstall the content. Considering that they can confirm that the code was redeemed by your account, they should be able to give you instructions or issue a replacement.

Are you sure it's not already in your game? Have you actually launched the game and went to a base camp to check to see if the outfit and handgun are there?

Dlrean
1st Dec 2015, 04:45
You may have to contact Xbox and inquire on how to reinstall the content. Considering that they can confirm that the code was redeemed by your account, they should be able to give you instructions or issue a replacement.

Are you sure it's not already in your game? Have you actually launched the game and went to a base camp to check to see if the outfit and handgun are there?

Yeh I already beat the entire game just login to complete achievements and found out my Python handcannon was gone. My rattle snake revolver still there though.

Raider90210
1st Dec 2015, 17:08
Ok. I'm not sure why This hasn't been explained, but if your having trouble receiving your DLC like I had. Try this:

Select Marketplace on the Main Menu. Then select the gift icon and open your free card packs.

DLC and the exclusive pre order DLC comes in card packs in the Marketplace and the cards immediately become available for use in the Expedition gameplay.

Unfortunately the cards can't be used in campaign gameplay but the DLC outfit and weapon skins do appear in your inventory in the main game, although it takes awhile. Didn't receive my pre order DLC until the climax of the game.

I hope this helps. I had to figure it out by privately messaging someone.

Valenka
1st Dec 2015, 22:01
@Raider90210, I think his issue is related to the campaign, in which card packs are useless. However, that would make for a good test; if he were to go to Expedition Mode and check to see if the expedition cards are there, that could further confirm whether or not the content is actually in his game.

I don't understand the preorder DLC; exactly how is it registered? Is it content already on the disc that has to be unlocked via code? It clearly isn't downloadable. It doesn't make any sense.

Lucacentric28
2nd Dec 2015, 01:14
I don't understand the preorder DLC; exactly how is it registered? Is it content already on the disc that has to be unlocked via code? It clearly isn't downloadable. It doesn't make any sense.

It was a download for me. They appear in the game management screen, but most of the pre-order DLCs aren't listed in the store... only the Remnant Resistance DLC. And even then, I'm not positive I could download that one again, should I want to.

I'm guessing that maybe they will be part of the season pass content later on, like the last Tomb Raider. And if so, maybe then they will be listed as separate purchases on the store. I'm sure having all that unavailable DLC up there now would cause a lot of grief with (and from) people who didn't know about the pre-order bonuses and want to get in on it.