PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] Input Lag

H3avyM3tal
14th Nov 2015, 10:44
I am stuck at a certain point, because I get stromed by several enemies, and I cant aim. The input lag is tolerable during normal exploration, but making percision movements is down right impossible. Im playing on survivor, and it just ruins the game for me. I want to play!

There is an identicle input lag across several tv sets and xone systems I checked on, and also on my 1440p dell monitor. Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed?

Elite49
15th Nov 2015, 19:29
http://i.imgur.com/mccZrLw.gif

Yeah it's there and would love to see it fixed.

Tecstar70
15th Nov 2015, 22:00
Can anyone provide more information on this? Was it bad from the start of the game? Did it start at a certain point? Have you tried anything to fix it?

Kanden95
28th Nov 2015, 16:45
So I guess, its known now that this game has some Input Lag in it. I would like to now though, if its going to be fixed any time soon. It is noticable for me alot and leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

ProvDrummer
28th Nov 2015, 18:15
Agreed. It makes combat so frustrating, would love to see it fixed.

Kanden95
28th Nov 2015, 19:32
Are there any infos, if this issue is known and if its going to be adressed?

ProvDrummer
28th Nov 2015, 23:30
This thread is the first piece I've seen recognize it, but I imagine they know. Idk if it's possible to fix, never mind patch. Let's hope.

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 10:59
I haven't experienced any lag on XB1 from what I recall. What exactly happens? Are there any videos of it?

Kanden95
29th Nov 2015, 17:16
There are plents, for example this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcfJoI6tt0o

There definitely is some Input Lag in the game. Maybe a patch could fix that

Tecstar70
29th Nov 2015, 20:52
its a strange one as I too did not experience that once in my whole playthrough (I have 100% completed).

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 21:03
There are plents, for example this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcfJoI6tt0o

There definitely is some Input Lag in the game. Maybe a patch could fix that

Thanks for linking the video. I can confirm that I have not once experienced this in my playthrough of the game.

Can you guys tell us some more details on where this happens? Is it just in specific locations, or everywhere? Does it happen right from the starting of a new game, or does it happen later on in the game?

Kanden95
29th Nov 2015, 22:57
I THINK it has been more affecting while being in open areas. In buildings it seems to decrease some amount. But there is some Input Lag overall in the entire game, maybe you people just are used to it by now, because the game definitely has some input lag in it. :s

Tecstar70
29th Nov 2015, 23:25
I THINK it has been more affecting while being in open areas. In buildings it seems to decrease some amount. But there is some Input Lag overall in the entire game, maybe you people just are used to it by now, because the game definitely has some input lag in it. :s

Nope, I 've seen the videos and it is not the case of being used to it, I have never experienced it.

CypherGreen
30th Nov 2015, 03:34
The "I have not experienced this" makes me think you just didn't notice and everyone I know who's played the game has mentioned that whilst they like the game it's sluggish.

Even digital foundary on Eurogamer write about it in their articles on the tech of Rise of the Tomb raider.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-tech-analysis

and in the 360 comparison.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-face-off

Edit: The video posted by a user above may be compounded by his TV but XB1 Tomb raider is not a snappy game, it can make hunting awkward, thankfully humans tend to stand still asking to be shot in the face.

Tecstar70
30th Nov 2015, 07:55
The "I have not experienced this" makes me think you just didn't notice and everyone I know who's played the game has mentioned that whilst they like the game it's sluggish.

Even digital foundary on Eurogamer write about it in their articles on the tech of Rise of the Tomb raider.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-tech-analysis

and in the 360 comparison.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-face-off

Edit: The video posted by a user above may be compounded by his TV but XB1 Tomb raider is not a snappy game, it can make hunting awkward, thankfully humans tend to stand still asking to be shot in the face.

I never found the game sluggish. I am not saying that there isn't a problem because clearly there is and some of the videos I have seen show very bad lag, but as far as I am concerned it is not happening to me.

Kinglevel
30th Nov 2015, 13:41
Can anyone provide more information on this? Was it bad from the start of the game? Did it start at a certain point? Have you tried anything to fix it?

It was present for me as well at first glance... After playing the 2013 game on the ps4 for months before this release, i am SOOOO DISSAPOINTED AT THIS GAME + XBOX ONE.

Kanden95
30th Nov 2015, 14:43
The people from DigitalFoundry also made a video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv4sBCx0_c

The problem is stated around 7:20 mins into the video.

ProvDrummer
30th Nov 2015, 21:00
Input lag exists, there's no way it's just affecting a select few. It's everywhere, always. People who say it's not just haven't noticed it. I always knew something was off, but couldn't put my finger on it until I watched DF's analysis. TR's biggest problem at the moment.

Driber
30th Nov 2015, 22:00

That suggestion makes no sense to me; if I would be used to it by now, I would have noticed it when I first played the game. I did not.

The "I have not experienced this" makes me think you just didn't notice

People who say it's not just haven't noticed it.

No, it's not a case of "just not noticing it". I have watched a couple of those videos posted here and I can confirm that I am not experiencing that issue whatsoever. When I move the right analog stick on my XB1 the camera moves virtually instantaneously. The game overall runs really smooth for me; narrow caves to huge open areas.

and everyone I know who's played the game has mentioned that whilst they like the game it's sluggish.

And no one I know reported issues with the game being sluggish. Not on XB1 anyway.

Input lag exists

I'm not claiming it doesn't exist for anyone; I'm saying that I myself haven't experienced any lag issues with the game.

there's no way it's just affecting a select few.

Well I wasn't claiming that, either, but what makes you say it's affecting a lot of people? And how much is a lot, exactly?

The people from DigitalFoundry also made a video about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nv4sBCx0_c

The problem is stated around 7:20 mins into the video.

My game reacts even faster than the 360 version in that video.

Driber
1st Dec 2015, 09:49
multiple threads merged

Kanden95
1st Dec 2015, 14:11
Do you happen to use your One in offline mode Driber? I turned it off, and it seems like it works better that way, could just be my imagination though...

Driber
1st Dec 2015, 15:38
Do you happen to use your One in offline mode Driber? I turned it off, and it seems like it works better that way, could just be my imagination though...

Most of the time I have my XB1 in online mode. And just last night I tested this issue while being online.

But you bring up a good point; it could be our different ways of using the XB1 that makes a difference. Are you guys using Kinect? I heard reports that it's a big resource hog.

Tecstar70
1st Dec 2015, 15:46
Most of the time I have my XB1 in online mode. And just last night I tested this issue while being online.

But you bring up a good point; it could be our different ways of using the XB1 that makes a difference. Are you guys using Kinect? I heard reports that it's a big resource hog.

FWIW I have Kinect connected and am permanently connected via Ethernet cable.

_LR8O_
1st Dec 2015, 16:22
ive never had a problem with input lagg ive completed it 100% on normal and just completed on survivor and no problems, the only problem i came across was it crashed about 3 times where it caused a system reboot, sounds like a local things if some people have it and others dont? i cant see how a patch can fix something that only some people have a problem with :/
could you update the controller? or calibrate it? does it happen with other fps games?

Kanden95
1st Dec 2015, 17:00
I have no Kinect connected to my One, I'm having no issues with other games regarding input lag, and if I did I'd realize it pretty quickly. I do like to play my games the smoothest way possible so I do have some idea about things like this, so I'm sure that I'm not making this thing up either, as I'm not the only one adressing it either.

Kanden95
2nd Dec 2015, 13:18
The Input Lag seems to vary from area to area though...

Tecstar70
2nd Dec 2015, 13:55
The Input Lag seems to vary from area to area though...

Can you provide any more specific details, foe example any particularly good or bad areas?

Kanden95
2nd Dec 2015, 15:19
For example the first hubworld the soviet installation or whatever its called in english, I seem to have more input lag in bigger areas, or in action scenes when alot of things are happening.

Driber
2nd Dec 2015, 22:33
No one said you're making it up, Kanden :)

It's a tricky one to pinpoint though, when some people experience it and others don't.

What about locations? Where are you guys from?

Maybe also post console model numbers to see if there's any possible connection there.

Kanden95
3rd Dec 2015, 15:15
I played a bit further now, and passed those locations, and input lag seems to decreased significantly. But when I was at the same part compared to the digitalfoundry video, I also did have input lag. Maybe its just there?

Lifeshield
6th Jan 2016, 15:20
I have this same issue where the aim keeps moving for a fraction of a second before coming to a halt when aiming. It makes aiming feel terrible. I'm going to guess that it is a software based deadzone issue. It's also worth noting that this isn't the first game on the Xbox One to have aiming issues either.