PDA

View Full Version : Disabling chat so (we dont have to deal with toxic people in the game)

Googlewasmyidea
26th Nov 2015, 23:00
Now before you get mad at me for saying this, I feel that having a disable chat option would help alot for people to focus on the game more, than having to rage or argue with other people on the other team, or just disabling the chat between each teams during ranked matches, I feel that doing so would help alot to kind of calm the toxicity of the community, because most of the time during ranked matches, people gotta get toxic because as we all know (nosgoth has a very toxic community sometimes) and start arguing or people gotta be **** and just get them more pist when we are all trying to focus. this should help people focus more on gameplay, and not trying to talking back to eachother or harrasing eachother.

Ygdrasel
26th Nov 2015, 23:30
You never have to rage at or argue with anybody. You choose to do so, each and every time. Take a little responsibility.

Whether you argue back or not, though, toxic scum can interfere with one's mood and by extension game experience. Chat could use ignore features.

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Nov 2015, 00:43
Interesting idea, but isn't it much easier to not read the chat?
I'd understand if it were voice-chat, but regular chat is easy to ignore.

Ygdrasel
27th Nov 2015, 02:22
Interesting idea, but isn't it much easier to not read the chat?
I'd understand if it were voice-chat, but regular chat is easy to ignore.

Peripheral vision would make it reasonably difficult to not read.

KaininitePriestess
27th Nov 2015, 08:49
I don't think that chat should be disabled as a whole, though an option to do so might be ok, aside from the fact that it would leave people open to not being able to coordinate with their team, which is a really bad idea. I prefer the option to ignore individual people be implemented, and to have an in-game report function so that you can report individuals as the incident happens to resolve the issues more fully.

Vampmaster
27th Nov 2015, 10:17
I don't think that chat should be disabled as a whole, though an option to do so might be ok, aside from the fact that it would leave people open to not being able to coordinate with their team, which is a really bad idea. I prefer the option to ignore individual people be implemented, and to have an in-game report function so that you can report individuals as the incident happens to resolve the issues more fully.

That would be less of a problem when the voice free feature is added though.

KaininitePriestess
27th Nov 2015, 10:23
That would be less of a problem when the voice free feature is added though.

I'll make a judgment on that when we see how extensive the voice-free options are. "Help" and "Heads up" are one thing, but extensive strategy and planning like "This guy likes to go in from behind and sneak up, keep a heads up on our 6 and wait until the sentinel swoops in before shooting" or "They're playing with 2 sentinels, three alchemists are a bad idea" are a completely different thing entirely.

ParadoxicalOmen
27th Nov 2015, 17:23
Peripheral vision would make it reasonably difficult to not read.

You can read with your peripheral vision? Damn that's a good talent.
Sure i can see the text coming up (we also have a sound every time a text is written), but i can't read them...so i don't read them went i don't want to...

Ygdrasel
28th Nov 2015, 08:05
You can read with your peripheral vision? Damn that's a good talent.
Sure i can see the text coming up (we also have a sound every time a text is written), but i can't read them...so i don't read them went i don't want to...

I catch the text in my peripheral and reading tends to follow by instinct. That and my eyes tend to wander over the entire screen.

Not responding to toxicity is very easy but ignoring it less so. Toxicity doesn't need a response to be effective - just an effect, of which irritating the hell out of people (whether they voice it or not) is one.

Googlewasmyidea
23rd Dec 2015, 23:23
only because you can ignore them doesnt mean everyone can, im saying this as a hole, you have to into account not everyone is like you, i am saying this so we can calm the people as a whole , who are toxic or have anger issues, but its hard to ignore when 2 people are arguing and your trying to focus, i feel having an option to no see the enemy teams chat or disabling it for ranked will help out

R3dLine237
30th Dec 2015, 02:42
One of the best ideas ever. Ignoring people and not seeing what they write never ever in this game again regardless whether in team or opponent. Should be implemented asap ^^