PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 2 Speculation Thread

Raziel2
30th Jun 2002, 16:21
I retract my previous statement about not getting DX2 cause you couldn't play as J.C. if you can play as Alex Denton its just like playing as J.C. with a diffenert name since I have seen pictures of Alex and he looks exactly like J.C. even the sunglasses so I don't mind. I will miss playing a J.C. though.

Added by Catman:

I changed the title to better reflect the content of this thread. Previous speculations can be found in these threads rescued from the old Eidos Deus Ex forums:
Thread 1 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126)
Thread 2 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127)
Thread 3 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128)

[My apologies to Raziel2 for this intrusion.]

gamergirl
30th Jun 2002, 17:38
I have a hard time believing that the word sungla$$es would be edited out!! Now come on, that's just ridiculous. I'll bet that goes for the word mola$$es too, or any other word that has those particular letters in them.

Catman
30th Jun 2002, 17:49
Remember that swear filters are like sledge hammers. Pity that they are a necessary evil.

ICEBreaker
30th Jun 2002, 22:41
DeusEx2.com's image of Alex actually looks majorly uncool. I hope he is not going to really look like that in the game. He looks a bit fat.

Let me check out the swearing thing. Tom, **** and Harry found lots of assets at Hell's Kitchen.

gamergirl
30th Jun 2002, 23:48
It looks kinda like a baby face, huh? He needs a harder look, IMO.

DeusExJew
1st Jul 2002, 01:40
Agreed.

Raziel2
1st Jul 2002, 03:04
Well I agree somewhat but hes probably not done but what I'm saying is I didn't even know you were gonna play as Alex all I new about the char was it wasn't gonna be J.C. Btw that sunglass thing is lamest thing I have seen in awhile. Cannot wait to play as Alex Denton.

Random
1st Jul 2002, 14:19
Actually, the picture on DX2.com (you're talking about the one on the top left, right?) is actually of JC Denton -- at least originally. It's part of a Matrix poster-style picture that ISA made with the Deus Ex characters in place of the Matrix ones. I'm not saying it's not intended to be Alex (he is a clone of JC after all), but it was originally intended as JC.

Konky
1st Jul 2002, 15:46
sungl***** get filtered??
Catman :
They are definitly not needed, it's just a way of dicatation, forcing people what they can say and limiting free speech.
It is the exact opposite to what Deus Ex represents, in my eyes.
Don't like that :|
(And have not seen any problems in the old board)

Catman
1st Jul 2002, 15:57
I have no control over the swear filters. That's an administrative decision. I will bring the problem to their attention.

As for free speech: Since Eidos owns the forums, they have the right to determine what can and cannot be said. The Terms of Use spell out the official guidelines.

Konky
1st Jul 2002, 16:09
Hi,
don't you agree that it does not fit into a forum about Deus Ex, which is all about the freedom to do what you like?
And i really like the word Sunglas‰*ses

Catman
1st Jul 2002, 16:25
Sunglasses now works.

gamergirl
1st Jul 2002, 16:47
Thanks Catman! Since JC wears them all the time, we needed to be able to talk about them uncensored :)

Catman
1st Jul 2002, 16:55
Actually, the thanks goes to RedLegg who quickly fixed the problem.

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/ted/teddance.gif

DeusExJew
1st Jul 2002, 18:23
Originally posted by Raziel2
I retract my previous statement about not getting DX2 cause you couldn't play as J.C. if you can play as Alex Denton its just like playing as J.C. with a diffenert name since I have seen pictures of Alex and he looks exactly like J.C. even the sungl***** so I don't mind. I will miss playing a J.C. though.

I'm glad to see you've reconsidered:)

gamergirl
1st Jul 2002, 20:30
I wonder if Alex will have as sexy a voice as JC :cool:

DeusExJew
1st Jul 2002, 22:37
Oi:o

gamergirl
3rd Jul 2002, 04:36
she may have a squeaky, nasal voice. :D

DeusExJew
3rd Jul 2002, 11:13
Ah, I thought you were referring to the male Alex.

oldgrrl
3rd Jul 2002, 11:50
hmm. if Alex (male) sounds as sexy as my JC, i wonder if i'll fall in love with him, too? and if i do, will my JC get jealous or will he consider it as a "just part of the family" thang?

and i sure hope the female JC sounds more like the Diablo girl than then any of the Black Isle valley girls. ;)

DaedalusXXX
3rd Jul 2002, 17:38
I wonder if the folks at Eidos finished the alpha version yet, or better: started testing it! They're taking waaaaaaaaay tooooooooo long!:mad:

P.S. I am the same old ??DEADALUS??, just figured out how to spell my name!:D

gamergirl
3rd Jul 2002, 22:04
Originally posted by DeusExJew
Ah, I thought you were referring to the male Alex.

I was [hee hee hee]. But wouldn't you much prefer a female Alex with a sexy voice? I know I'd much prefer a male Alex with one, like JC's voice. Mmmmmm!

gamergirl
3rd Jul 2002, 22:07
Personally, I think they should turn to this forum when they want beta testers for DX2. Even if it's not a public beta -- we're not really "the public." We're groupies!

oldgrrl
4th Jul 2002, 13:21
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

at the idea of an old broad like me still be..er.. i mean being a groupie.

but you're right of course. we are. i just hadn't thought of it that way. :D

Farouk
4th Jul 2002, 22:48
I've read in an interview that the player will have even more control about the player character's appearance this time. So maybe it's up to the player to choose stuff like sunglasses or not.

DeusExJew
4th Jul 2002, 22:57
Hi Farouk, how are you?

Indeed, i'm hoping for a greater degree of character creation options as well.

DaedalusXXX
5th Jul 2002, 01:04
(reading gamegirl's mind)
/maybe you could change his voice as well.... :rolleyes:

gamergirl
5th Jul 2002, 07:20
Who'd want to change that delicious voice?! ;)

FierceClaw
5th Jul 2002, 07:53
I doubt we'll be able to change the voice due to the recording of additional dialogue that would require. With such a huge script, it would take too much time, money, and CD space to have multiple voices for the main characters.

Since we can change the character's appearance so much, I wonder if we could give him/her a monacle and a silly haircut...

DeusExJew
5th Jul 2002, 11:01
I'll lodge a formal complaint if JC can't have a bandana.

ICEBreaker
5th Jul 2002, 14:15
Originally posted by FierceClaw
I doubt we'll be able to change the voice due to the recording of additional dialogue that would require.

Not if you only change the pitch of the voice.

oldgrrl
5th Jul 2002, 15:25
well, if the picture in PCGamer is (male)Alex, then he's still got sunglasses. in the original, they were there for a reason. sorry you don't like them Raziel. :( i personally think they are a lot easier to look at than bright blue eyes. heh. besides, i think they're :cool:

oldgrrl

Raziel2
6th Jul 2002, 20:32
No No you misunderstood me I love his sunglasses I think they add to his cool apperance I meant that not being able to say the word sunglasses was lame not his shades. I wish I had a pair like that.

oldgrrl
7th Jul 2002, 15:58
ah. well, that's very different then, isn't it? :)

this is waay OT but:
about those sunglasses; while browsing my vendor catalogs for new shop safety glasses, i came across a pair that are almost exactly the right size/shape/etc. they are by Crews, serial S2112. the only difference is a slight hump over the eye instead of being straight across. but they look good. if i can find a picture of them or a link with a picture of them, i'll post it later.

let's not hijack this thread, too much. i'll start another thread in Community Chat if i find a picture.

DaedalusXXX
13th Jul 2002, 18:04
Deus Ex 2 release date has been set to November 2002http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/buttrock.gif

MaxxQ
13th Jul 2002, 19:16
Originally posted by oldgrrl
this is waay OT but:
about those sunglasses; while browsing my vendor catalogs for new shop safety glasses, i came across a pair that are almost exactly the right size/shape/etc. they are by Crews, serial S2112. the only difference is a slight hump over the eye instead of being straight across. but they look good. if i can find a picture of them or a link with a picture of them, i'll post it later.

I'll let you know for sure when you find a pic, but those sound like the safety glasses we use where I work. As an additional cool factor for me, I'm a big Rush fan and the serial # (2112) is the same as the title of their fourth album.

DeusExJew
13th Jul 2002, 20:49
Originally posted by DaedalusXXX
Deus Ex 2 release date has been set to November 2002http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/buttrock.gif

What???:eek: :eek:

Where did you hear this?

DaedalusXXX
13th Jul 2002, 21:06
Sounds crazy, butRight here (http://www.gamespy.com/games/875.shtml) :D

STL
13th Jul 2002, 21:15
That release date is utter crap.

oldgrrl
14th Jul 2002, 13:56
about those sunglasses i talked about (Crews, serial S2112). now that i've brought a pair home from work and compare them to my JC's picture (you know, the framed one on my desk next to my monitor?) they don't look all that much the same after all.

they're still pretty cool for safety glasses though. ;)

DeusExJew
15th Jul 2002, 12:01
I'm afraid he's right Daedalus:(

Raziel2
19th Jul 2002, 11:35
Hey all a bit late but oh well I still cannot wait for DX2 as for the thread intrusion I don't mind much.