PDA

View Full Version : That bridge from Burial Chambers

El Diablo
30th Jun 2002, 16:19
That bridge in the big cave in TLR's Burial Chambers, how does it work? What I know is that it's made of several ANIMATINGx objects, and that Lara falls through them, even with DUMMY triggers placed. How did Core make it work?

Thanks in advance. :)

Piega
30th Jun 2002, 18:40
If they are animating objects then dummy triggers do not help. Did you try to use TRprj and wad to see how it is done?

I think a transparent textured door is used beneath the animating objects :)

Chronicles5
30th Jun 2002, 18:43
im confused, what bridges are you talking about, could you explain what it looks like, what the room looks like etc, I could definitly help!!! ;) btw.. check your pm's

Quiet Serpent
30th Jun 2002, 19:23
there are walls under it and the walls under the bridge are objects

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 15:58
Originally posted by Piega
Did you try to use TRprj and wad to see how it is done?

Yes, that was the first I did. It didn't save the PRJ.

Originally posted by Chronicles5
im confused, what bridges are you talking about, could you explain what it looks like, what the room looks like etc, I could definitly help!!! ;)

The bridge consists of six objects of which three are used:

ANIMATING12 & ANIMATING12_MIP (flat piece)
ANIMATING13 & ANIMATING13_MIP (1-click sloped piece)
ANIMATING14 & ANIMATING14_MIP (2-click sloped piece).

The room looks like the cave with this bridge in Burial Chambers.

Originally posted by Quiet Serpent
there are walls under it and the walls under the bridge are objects

What objects? :confused: ANIMATINGx's, statics...?

eTux
1st Jul 2002, 16:59
I guess the bridge is made in the editor itself, and the animatings are just needed so it'd look more realistic. The animatings propably have no collision, because the bridge is made within the editor (like I said in the previous sentence), so try to make one within the editor. You can also to replace the 3 animatings with bridge flat(flat part of the bridge), bridge_tilt1(a bit steeper part of the bridge) and bridge_tilt2(steepest part of the bridge). Then place them in the project set the dummy triggers, and see how it works :)

edit - hmmm, now that I read your post carefully, I think the thing with the bridge flat, tilt1, tilt2 part is the solution.

El Diablo
1st Jul 2002, 17:26
Your BRIDGE_X trick worked! Woohoo! :D Thanks! :D

But I still wonder how Core did it. The original Burial Chambers WAD doesn't have the BRIDGE_X objects...:confused:

eTux
1st Jul 2002, 19:12
Originally posted by El Diablo
Your BRIDGE_X trick worked! Woohoo! :D Thanks! :D

But I still wonder how Core did it. The original Burial Chambers WAD doesn't have the BRIDGE_X objects...:confused:

Glad this worked :)
I think Core did it the same way, I think the programs that extract the wad just didn't recognise the objects as Bridges:)