PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - November 25th, 2015 – Boasts + Crucible Performance + Crushed Bugs

Oghamsmith
25th Nov 2015, 17:14
https://youtu.be/YMx4NC7C_H4

Verbose Vampires and Humans with little regard for humility now have the ability to express themselves even more eloquently prior to the round start. What’s even better? They can do so all over the gloopy remnants of many a crashed bug.

We have been giving quite a bit of attention to Crucible behind the scenes over the last couple of months as well :).

Let’s take a look at today’s update:

Pre-Game Boasts
Pre-game boasts are brand new animations, custom built for each class, that allow them to show a little bit more of their personality. The boasts play on the pre-match screen once you’ve selected your loadout for the first time per half, prior to the match commencing.

Boasts can be purchased from the store for 400 Runestones

Homepage Update
Nosgoth’s in-game Homepage has received an update to make it much more dynamic. This will allow us to inform you about events, sales, updates and more; in a more tailored manner….meaning more relevant info being delivered to you :).

Crucible Performance Improvements
Having placed Crucible on a strict protein only diet, the map's memory footprint has slimmed down and now runs more smoothly than ever before.

League Match Pre-Game Update
League matches will no longer start prior to the completion of all players loading into the server.
League matches will now wait up to 3 minutes from the moment players begin to load into the server before starting a game. This will prevent the match from starting before a slower loading player connects to the server; ensuring that all 8 players are present and accounted for when the match begins.

Improvements and Bug Fixes

The tortured souls of vanquished foes no longer appear to steal your League points at the end of a match. Most of them have been excised from the end of match League tab. The end of match League tab should no longer inaccurately display negative points.
No longer shall the end of match League tab be consistently scared of showing its face in public. After many hugs and motivational speeches, the end of match League tab has been emboldened with a renewed confidence, and will proudly greet you at the end of a League match.
Fixed a number of errors that resulted in out of memory crashes
Vampires no longer drop contact lenses when feasting upon the flesh of human across a number of locations close to walls on Sommerdamm, Crucible, Valeholm, Provance, Freeport and The Fane. They no longer become stuck in those walls/corners.
Tutorials are designed to introduce new players to the game and give them a feel for how things work. That’s somewhat difficult if the Hunter’s crosshair wasn’t appearing. Now it does.
Capture the Body has been outfitted with new mini-map indicators that provide information about the body’s location
Class level rewards at 5, 10, 15 no longer block the round summary experience numbers displayed at the end of a game
Matchmaking has been improved for players with extremely high ping times
Relevant sound effects have been added to the UI when inviting a friend to a party
A rare issue would cause a small number of players to become frozen in-game and disconnect at the start of the round. This particular instance should no longer occur.
Social Media links on the game menu now have highlight effects when you mouse-over them. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Youtube to be kept up to date with the latest and greatest Nosgoth News!
Improvements have been made to backend match results tracking. Better tracking = better info = better balance!
When inspecting your armoury and you go through to the store to make a purchase, you will now be presented with only the items available to the class that you had selected
General Translation Improvements

Known Issues

Noscam has been known to crash if you jump around on the timeline too frequently
While we have put a fix in place to prevent the visual bug that caused the end of match League points summary to display a negative value, it is possible that edge cases throw up this issue again. Please let us know if you experience this problem.

riccetto80
25th Nov 2015, 17:37
Nice, BUT why just pregame? i want be able to do animation also during the match!!!!

Guardian1uk
25th Nov 2015, 17:40
Crucible Performance Improvements
Having placed Crucible on a strict protein only diet, the map's memory footprint has slimmed down and now runs more smoothly than ever before.

Does this also include fixing the issue of reavers trying to climb over the small red "plant pot" in the area to the right of the arena (when facing the enterance way from outside) cause atm you try to climb up/over the plant bed/pot thing basically all that happens is you move upwards a fraction and then fall back down, rince repeat on a peice of sceenery that wouldn't even come upto the middle of my shins irl....

River_
25th Nov 2015, 18:16
Sooo, let me get this straight:

Deciever can still float, dead illusions still have hearable (and visable) footsteps, abbysal bolt still doesn't work, the shield of the prophet is still OP, no changes to sentinel (though I feel conflicted about this), matchmaking is still so broken that lower players get crushed, and higher players get bored. League is still a grind, not a competition of skill. And boasts..

Really, I feel like every bug crushed here is just eye-candy stuff that shouldn't have priority over game-changing bugs (bolt, decievers, prophet shield).

And boasts.. Like, good that you added them, nice for you, but really? Was that on the priority list?

I just feel really empty and disappointed after this...

Guardian1uk
25th Nov 2015, 19:01
And boasts.. Like, good that you added them, nice for you, but really? Was that on the priority list?

and they could have been in the works for a while and they just happened to have finished them with this patch...

Guardian1uk
25th Nov 2015, 19:04
plus Oghamsmith, any rough eta yet on servers being back up?

River_
25th Nov 2015, 19:16
and they could have been in the works for a while and they just happened to have finished them with this patch...

I base this opinion on the fact that they weren't in the last 'state of play', and only popped up last week-ish. This gave me suspision to believe they hastily made this, while they could've (and imo should've) focused on other things.

JanusDominus
25th Nov 2015, 19:53
I base this opinion on the fact that they weren't in the last 'state of play', and only popped up last week-ish. This gave me suspision to believe they hastily made this, while they could've (and imo should've) focused on other things.

I believe they were working on boasts and how to do them at least since the Executions appeared. And they ARE making gameplay improvements - namely Crucible doesn't eat memory like a RAM pig.
Also, what's wrong with abyssal bolt? It worked fine to me. Now Hell Strike needs some fixing.

River_
25th Nov 2015, 20:06
I believe they were working on boasts and how to do them at least since the Executions appeared. And they ARE making gameplay improvements - namely Crucible doesn't eat memory like a RAM pig.
Also, what's wrong with abyssal bolt? It worked fine to me. Now Hell Strike needs some fixing.

For crucible: I have good end computer, so I never really noticed problems on Crucible (forgive me for my ignorance in this)
Boasts: never heard of them till last week. And if they really were that close to finishing, why did we never read about them in any state of play?
Abyssal bolt: If you directly hit someone with the original bolt, there is a high chance that it just doesn't do the stack-up damage, and only the explosion. You can dodge away from this explosion as well, so full damage dodging is possible. They actually know about this, and 'fixed' it with 2 patches, but never really worked.

Oghamsmith
25th Nov 2015, 20:21
plus Oghamsmith, any rough eta yet on servers being back up?

Nothing solid yet, but we seem to be close to the end of the tunnel.

They have been in the works for a while, but needed some work to finish them. We weren't quite sure when we would be able to get them out, so we didn't include them in the State of Play.

As for the notion that Boasts have somehow blocked other work such as bug fixes or feature development. That simply isn't the case. Animators animate. They don't typically develop feature functionality, nor do they typically fix bugs. So the creation Boasts hasn't impacted the development features or fixes.

Oghamsmith
25th Nov 2015, 20:27
Ok folks, maintenance is finally complete. Please accept my apologies for the delay, and thank you for your patience today.

Da_Wolv
25th Nov 2015, 20:31
NEW ITEM:
"NO BOAST"

Seriously? Fix the damn Inventory already, this is getting really pathetic...

Also... boast are pretty much what I expected them to be.. totally not worth the hussle.

snapperhead_au
25th Nov 2015, 20:31
Any chance of decreasing the downtime for the updates? I really appreciate the number of patches being pushed out for bug fixes and to add new features, but the downtime is a major inconvenience when Nosgoth is unavailable for 3 or 4 hours (like today's update), particularly when it's in the Ranked window.
Thanks.

Louves
25th Nov 2015, 20:47
I don't even know what to say about the boasts...I am speechless right now...this is so underwhelming.

Da_Wolv
25th Nov 2015, 21:09
I don't even know what to say about the boasts...I am speechless right now...this is so underwhelming.

Somehow, you even get less value for 400RS when you buy a boast as opposed to a key... and that's saying something :D

SquirrelInDaSky
25th Nov 2015, 21:22
I was hoping you would fix new recruit search bug in this update. New recruit doesnt work.

Da_Wolv
25th Nov 2015, 21:35
new Bug:
Duo-Queue broken now!
Often times, your party gets split up when connecting to a server.
Teammate got thrown into a game and I was still looking for a match, with him in my party...

perpetualodium
25th Nov 2015, 22:11
Thanks for the bug crushing, Psyonix. I like the boasts, too. I'll definitely be picking up the vanguard and sentinel ones. I haven't even played deceiver yet, but I'll probably get that one too. The deceiver's boast is ridiculously cool.

Lavamancer
25th Nov 2015, 23:11
I did buy a couple of these boasts just to support devs, but I hope you understand that implementing some pieces of animations that existed there for years is not a good way to monetize? Boasting in front of your grp at start doesn't make too much sense...

Ygdrasel
26th Nov 2015, 01:39
How much is 400 runestones in actual money, and can I even buy just 400 runestones or will it need to be a $20 pack or something just to grab a boast?

I did buy a couple of these boasts just to support devs, but I hope you understand that implementing some pieces of animations that existed there for years is not a good way to monetize? Boasting in front of your grp at start doesn't make too much sense...

You bought them, didn't you? So they are a good way to monetize. :rolleyes: Your wallet puts the lie to your words, and that's the whole problem with the entire gaming industry today. Nobody ever speaks with their money. "Hey, guys, I just paid you for this thing you did that's bad so could you not do that thing anymore?" :scratch:

KaininitePriestess
26th Nov 2015, 04:43
Honestly, I think the boasts are definitely worth more then the cost of a key. You get something definite when you buy a boast, you know exactly what it is, and you don't have to worry that your 400rs will be thrown away just to get a random booster or uncanny weapon or ability. I'm planning on getting the entire set once holiday presents are bought!

PencileyePirate
26th Nov 2015, 06:32
Aaaand ... uninstalled.

Da_Wolv
26th Nov 2015, 08:29
Honestly, I think the boasts are definitely worth more then the cost of a key. You get something definite when you buy a boast, you know exactly what it is, and you don't have to worry that your 400rs will be thrown away just to get a random booster or uncanny weapon or ability. I'm planning on getting the entire set once holiday presents are bought!
Well - value is subjective.
I for one do not care about boasts, and thats fine. If someone wants to buy them, I will not be mad - I am mad however at people spending actual money to buy chest keys.

Especially the kinds of animations they put in are just pointless and stupid.
Reaver and Hunter must be the worst offenders in this sense.
The Reaver does absoultely nothing but a glorified idle animation and the Hunter is ...telling his team to go die?! I don't get it. Either way the animation quality is kinda meh.
Sentinel and Deceiver are the only animations I can get behind, but I wouldn't call it boasting.

Aaaand ... uninstalled.
Been there, done that. Good on you. I will stick through ranked this week to collect my monneeh and then we'll see.

riccetto80
26th Nov 2015, 10:56
How much is 400 runestones in actual money, and can I even buy just 400 runestones or will it need to be a $20 pack or something just to grab a boast?

You bought them, didn't you? So they are a good way to monetize. :rolleyes: Your wallet puts the lie to your words, and that's the whole problem with the entire gaming industry today. Nobody ever speaks with their money. "Hey, guys, I just paid you for this thing you did that's bad so could you not do that thing anymore?" :scratch:

Right, gamers are like girlfriend who complain about how bad is the boyfriend, but never ever leave him and each night open the legs for him at hiw will.

We dont have contractual power, we complain but never with our wallet.

KaininitePriestess
26th Nov 2015, 23:19
...All of that...

...Let's keep our displeasure at the game away from the misogyny, shall we?

Ygdrasel
26th Nov 2015, 23:26

Right, gamers are like girlfriend who complain about how bad is the boyfriend, but never ever leave him and each night open the legs for him at hiw will.

We dont have contractual power, we complain but never with our wallet.

...Really weirdly specific and uncomfortable comparison there. Got some relation troubles?