PDA

View Full Version : Can't get to 100% because Makeshift Longbow has gone from my weapons

WornFender
25th Nov 2015, 16:43
Hi everyone, first post so I hope it's in the right section.

So I have spent a lot of hours upgrading my weapons to 100% and I now have them all fully upgraded.
The problem is that although I have finished the main story and all the challenges etc ... my weapons show bows at 5/6 found, and the missing bow is the Makeshift longbow, which is obviously the 1st bow I had.

I also dont have the Thunderclap shotgun and I have completed everything in the game.

I started playing the game on the night of the new Xbox One dashboard update and things were a bit wonky with achievements not unlocking for 4 days ... I wonder if my bow got lost because of this, as it was at the start of the game

Lucacentric28
25th Nov 2015, 18:23
The Recurve Bow replaces the Makeshift Bow, and it happens as part of the main story. I believe the Makeshift Bow is the only weapon that gets totally phased out in RotTR. DLC aside, there are five bows in the core game, with only four appearing in your inventory at any given time.

Not sure what is keeping you from 100% completion though. I'd suggest going to fast travel and checking each map area to make sure it's at 100%. Sorry if you've already done this. Not sure if the Thunderclap is tied to the achievement or just in-game stats. I did have to wait for one or two achievements to unlock, but thankfully that one popped for me straight away.

WornFender
25th Nov 2015, 20:22
Yeah .. I have 100% collectibles and map area done and all the achievements for that (got the special armour)

So, I do have 5 bows in my inventory ... but says "5/6 found"
I have the 4 assault rifles that are listed in the official guide ... but inventory says "4/5 found" ?
I have all handguns
Shotguns inventory show "4/6 found" ... I have all the listed ones in the Prima guide except the Thunderclap which would take me to the 5 listed in the guide. {6 ??)

What is really frustrating is that I upgraded the weapons to 100% after main story completion and finding salvage and enemies was a real pain.

I started over again on another save and that 1st bow shows as "1/6 found" in Siberian Wilderness, so my 99% save should really show "6/6 found"

It must be the missing weapons from my inventory that's keeping me stuck at 99% ... unless there is some hidden area that doesn't show on the map, as was the case in the previous Tomb Raider.

Lucacentric28
25th Nov 2015, 20:31
Hmm. I never noticed the inventory totals before, just the upgrade percentages for each weapon. My guess is that they added in some data in preparation for future DLC. Maybe some of the weapons haven't even come out yet.

Weapon upgrades shouldn't count toward 100% completion in terms of obtaining the Thunderclap. I have it, and I still have a few weapon upgrades to unlock (as well as a skill point or two).

WornFender
25th Nov 2015, 20:51
I've been working at getting the "No Stone Unturned" achievement for 100% game completion, and it's a bit vague about the exact requirements; but I assume that you need all your weapons upgraded to 100% (which I am unable to do if I don't have "6/6" etc.)

Maybe I have to finish again on the hardest difficulty, but I wouldn't have thought so?

I would think it would just be side missions/ challenges/ collectibles/ full skill and weapon upgrades which I already have.

I loved the game, and intend to finish it on Survivor, but I dont fancy exploring every little corner of the map to find all the collectibles and redo all the side missions and challenges again lol !

Lucacentric28
25th Nov 2015, 22:29
For No Stone Unturned you need to get every map area to 100% completion, which means doing all tombs, crypts and challenges, as well as getting all the relics, documents, monoliths, survival caches, coin caches, etc. Basically everything that's listed near the left hand side of each area's map screen. I didn't need to have weapons or skills unlocked to get the achievement.

I had to go back to Syria after I finished the main story to do the challenge there, as I missed it my first run through. Those base camps won't unlock until after you beat the game. Try looking there if you're missing anything.

WornFender
25th Nov 2015, 23:20
I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle then lol.

I've done everything on the map to 100% on every area ...(made sure I completed the first area before progressing) collected everything, did all challenges and side missions
All skills are maxed
All weapons I have are at 100%.

The achievements didn't unlock right away when I started the game, but after the first 5 days or so, they have all been unlocking as normal.
I did everything for " No Stone Unturned" a few days ago, so I guess it's glitched for me.

WornFender
25th Nov 2015, 23:25
Oops ... double post

ProvDrummer
25th Nov 2015, 23:44
Have you made sure you have all the maps and explorer's satchels? Even Monoliths ect.. everything that's not tracked in the side menu.

Tecstar70
26th Nov 2015, 10:46
I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle then lol.

I've done everything on the map to 100% on every area ...(made sure I completed the first area before progressing) collected everything, did all challenges and side missions
All skills are maxed
All weapons I have are at 100%.

The achievements didn't unlock right away when I started the game, but after the first 5 days or so, they have all been unlocking as normal.
I did everything for " No Stone Unturned" a few days ago, so I guess it's glitched for me.

I just got it this morning. You don't need to upgrade every weapon. Go to the map and zoom out. Hover over every area and check it says 100% under the name. Don't forget Syria in a square on its own down the bottom of the map. There's a relic there that was my last item.

Check the region summary box for each one too, as shown on this picture:
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2015/11/ancient_cistern_map.jpg

WornFender
26th Nov 2015, 12:45
I'm not wasting anymore time on trying to find anything for this

I have 100% on every part of the map, and it doesn't matter how many times I look at the map...it always says 100% on every region.

_LR8O_
26th Nov 2015, 12:47
im stuck on 99%, i thought i had syria done but never noticed it down the bottom in a square before thanks as it only shows 85%! :P

Tecstar70
26th Nov 2015, 13:05
I'm not wasting anymore time on trying to find anything for this

I have 100% on every part of the map, and it doesn't matter how many times I look at the map...it always says 100% on every region.

Very strange.

WornFender
26th Nov 2015, 19:31
im stuck on 99%, i thought i had syria done but never noticed it down the bottom in a square before thanks as it only shows 85%! :P

Thanks so much .... I am a complete and utter idiot! lol. And thank you Tecstar70 for pointing this out (this was easier to quote)

I never ever noticed that little square at the bottom, I was under the impression you could not go back to Syria, and that it was in the Mountain Peak area, which has no fast travel.
I had collected everything but hadn't done the challenge.

Thanks to all for the replies ... I may be the oldest gamer in town, but I hope I'm not going senile lol
Oh and I did get my thunderclap shotgun for getting to 100%

Tecstar70
26th Nov 2015, 20:44
Thanks so much .... I am a complete and utter idiot! lol. And thank you Tecstar70 for pointing this out (this was easier to quote)

I never ever noticed that little square at the bottom, I was under the impression you could not go back to Syria, and that it was in the Mountain Peak area, which has no fast travel.
I had collected everything but hadn't done the challenge.

Thanks to all for the replies ... I may be the oldest gamer in town, but I hope I'm not going senile lol
Oh and I did get my thunderclap shotgun for getting to 100%

No probs. Glad you found it!