PDA

View Full Version : LAG Comments Here Please

Pages : [1] 2

theBlackman
30th Jun 2002, 15:54
I moved the original edited LAG. I will move the comments here so this post will get edited later.

Meanwhile, all you starving artistes can continue your story, and post diatribes here.

Read the comments on the old forum if you need a reminder, and of course the story is in the new LAG thread HERE

Gumdrop
30th Jun 2002, 16:36
Good to see the journey was a smooth one. Thanks tBM.

SlyFoxx
30th Jun 2002, 16:49
Cool it's back. I'm soooo guilty. What happens next?

Sly

oops forgot I asked a question ?????

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 17:04
Aaaaahhh starting to feel more like home now. :) I need to get back in there, and PRONTO!

Gumdrop
30th Jun 2002, 21:50
Wow THEthief. You been hitting the high fiber stuff?! :eek: :D

SlyFoxx
30th Jun 2002, 23:02
After reading Thethief's last post I feel it's time for Waz to continue with the Templar seeings as SlyFoxx is trying to put the tail on him figuring the Burrick is a good place to begin. I sorta want to see what Waz comes up with before adding more of my own ideas. It looks like a scape goat may have been found but my feeling is Thethief should sooner or later be exonerated of the crime. Things should not go so easily for the real killer. IMO.

Good stuff so far. :cool:

SlyFoxx

THEthief
30th Jun 2002, 23:36
Originally posted by Gumdrop
Wow THEthief. You been hitting the high fiber stuff?! :eek: :D
You liked it? :D :D ;) Seriously, though...what didn't you like? :) Lemme know, and maybe I can avoid it in the future. :)

THEthief
1st Jul 2002, 00:27
C'mon, guys n' gals - someone besides me has to post there!! :)

theBlackman
1st Jul 2002, 00:33
They will. Just be patient. The story will continue shortly. PS. Join us. This isn't a solo effort. :D

This is NOT a fanfic page. This is a multiauthor story.
Fanfic goes in its own seperate thread, although the Burrick is the place to post such, this thread is not.

Add to the existing story. Complete adventures written as complete adventures are not what this thread is for.

This is our "CHAOS CO-ORDINATED" department. :D Come on in the insanity is fine.

THEthief
1st Jul 2002, 02:42
Yea, I am kinda planning to (and have been) working my part in with the main plot (or what I can see of it thus far, anyways). :)

Speedy[143]
1st Jul 2002, 05:22
tBm.... when you copied and pasted the LAG thread from the old forum you accidently left out my 1st post... here it is... it's between Whats His Name and bravus's posted on 6/27/02 at 12:30PM PST.....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Speedy overhears two of the wranglers discussing their plans for the day.. it seems the weekly run to Dayport was put off due to bad weather… as luck would have it she hasn’t missed hitching a ride into town on the wagon that will carry fresh meat for stew to the Crippled Burrick after all. Staying hidden in the barn for another hour or so will give her a chance to freshen up a bit.
Looking forward to running into several of her fellow taffers at the pub she reminisces about meetings past… it’s the end of the month with the rent due on the first.. so there’s probably more than a few thiefty plans being made there tonight. Hoping she’s not to late to get in on the fun she sneaks onto the wagon and settles down for the bumpy ride to town………………

Without it it makes my 2nd post sound goofy heh

I hope you can slip it in:D Thanks!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

SlyFoxx
1st Jul 2002, 20:15
Hey What's His Name....speedy has the Templar at the brothel. After he's ummm errr finished there could you send him over to the Burrick. SlyFoxx is trying to put the tail on him but obviously went in the wrong direction.:D

Speedy[143]
1st Jul 2002, 20:56
heh... sorry Sly... I was playing off of tBms comments about the Templar's possible list of people to visit on his quest to find the murder.. especially since the Templar's last post left him wondering what to do and where to go next... besides I figured WHN could turn his visit into anything he wants...

CAN Speedy trust Fuschia not to tell anyone she was there and her suspiciousions about my dishevelled appearance? Will the Templar use any means to extract information... if so will Gummie make it back to town to save his damsel in distress???? Or can the whoremaster distract him long enough to make him forget what he came for!!!! Is she really in distress or just where she wants to be (struggling to fend off her attacker Fuschia reaches for the dagger she keeps hidden just for occasions like this)................................................................

oooooOOOOO it's just getting good:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

theBlackman
1st Jul 2002, 22:12
Originally posted by Speedy[143]
tBm.... when you copied and pasted the LAG thread from the old forum you accidently left out my 1st post... here it is... it's between Whats His Name and bravus's posted on 6/27/02 at 12:30PM PST.....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Speedy overhears two of the wranglers discussing their plans for the day.. it seems the weekly run to Dayport was put off due to bad weather… as luck would have it she hasn’t missed hitching a ride into town on the wagon that will carry fresh meat for stew to the Crippled Burrick after all. Staying hidden in the barn for another hour or so will give her a chance to freshen up a bit.
Looking forward to running into several of her fellow taffers at the pub she reminisces about meetings past… it’s the end of the month with the rent due on the first.. so there’s probably more than a few thiefty plans being made there tonight. Hoping she’s not to late to get in on the fun she sneaks onto the wagon and settles down for the bumpy ride to town………………

Without it it makes my 2nd post sound goofy heh

I hope you can slip it in:D Thanks!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

Fixed. I checked my original edit and it was there. Don't know how it got lost . Sorry. :eek: :o

Thorin Oakenshield
1st Jul 2002, 22:18
Originally posted by THEthief
C'mon, guys n' gals - someone besides me has to post there!! :)

We would, We can't type a word in edgeways :D Lol
Watch out for them bluecoats TheThief ;)

SlyFoxx
1st Jul 2002, 23:45
heh... sorry Sly... I was playing off of tBms comments (etc.) ......Speedy[143]

No problem. I love the idea of a monk visiting a brothel.:D I'll catch up eventually.

sly

Speedy[143]
1st Jul 2002, 23:58
No problem tBm I knew it wasn't done on purpose:D

LOL@Sly.... Monk schmonk the Templar's on a mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe

XXXOOO
Speedy

Gumdrop
5th Jul 2002, 16:34
Hmm...I must see what Fuschia's up to sometime this weekend. :)

Thorin Oakenshield
5th Jul 2002, 17:57
I'm sorry to say Gummie, But She's seeing someone else:( :D

theBlackman
5th Jul 2002, 21:17
Nice job SlyFoxx:D

SlyFoxx
5th Jul 2002, 22:22
Blackman:

Thanks....I wanted to just put an arrow in The Templar but I thought that rushing in to save the damsal in distress was not in character. Plus a dead or injured Templar would put a damper on things. This way he's pi---d off and might do something rash or foolish that a cunning thief could exploit. Or maybe I just signed my death warrent.:eek: We'll see.

SlyFoxx

theBlackman
6th Jul 2002, 03:42
Sly, You can wound him or hassle him but you can't kill him.

Good luck

SlyFoxx
6th Jul 2002, 13:23
Humm does that mean. Don't kill him you fool of a Foxx! Or does that mean...you can't kill him he's got some kinda "magical" or special power. If the later is the case...what's up with that? Sounds cool...we should add some kind of history regarding his special abilites if he has them.

Sly

theBlackman
6th Jul 2002, 18:57
SLY

You MAY NOT KILL HIM. He is a character "Made by another Author" Read the first 5 or 6 posts in this thread about the "Rules of Engagement."

Only AI that are NOT critical to the story, such as the guard, and other incidental AI.

Main characters can only be "killed" with the permission of, or by the originator.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules are simple. Any and all members of the forum may post a continuation of the story.

You need not takeup the action started by another poster.

You may start a coincidental activity that may or may not directly merge with the main action, or a parallel action or story.

It is desired that the characters be mentioned as they interact with your storyline. But is not essential.

You may play yourself (forum name), as most of us do, or an alter ego. If the character you are writing about is an alter ego, be certain to so state so that YOU don't get mentioned in anothers post, and dragged into the play as yourself.

You may not kill the the author. It is also not a good idea to kill introduced "AI" unless they (like the guard that is lying in the alley) are merely decoration, or if you check with the author although forcing a sudden burst of imagination on the writer(s) can be fun.

You may take over another character briefly, provided both of you are in the same scenario. Or as bravus has done, continue the action started by the intial storyline, and character.

Do keep in mind that it sometimes is wise to consult with your co-conspirator, or the character you are about to steal, here, in the comment thread. They may have a plot in development. Allow freedom of plot, and action to remain with the author(s).

It is also a good idea to leave the portion you write a bit open. This is not a cast in stone principle, but if you end a seqment with options open for subsequent action, it's more fun and easier for the next contributor.

There are occassions when the above will not matter. But when in doubt. Check.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The parallel comments thread is a great idea and a necessity, and something I thought of suggesting independently when I saw how it would go!
Can I just add a further caution - this should probably be kept for comments on the *process* and possibly meta-story plotting stuff, but not for comments/critique on people's contributions to the story (however tempted we might be!) Yep, people will write things differently from how I would write them, and maybe even take the story in directions I hadn't imagined (and in the process toast a really cool direction I *had* imagined!) But the whole *point* of a shared story, IMNSHO, is the skill of improv: take what you're given and head off full speed ahead from there!

Having said all that, it makes sense if we can restrain ourselves to staying 'in world': while I love dada and surrealism, the arrival of aliens with a yen for probing in Garrett's world would make it veyr hard for the rest of us to continue having fun with the story.

These are all definitely IMOs, from someone who arrived here right on the tail of the original LAG and didn't really participate (IIRC).

Later,

Bravus

One more little thing. I should have put it in the "rules".
Try to keep "SIGS" and other tags out of the thread. As these have been known to grow to 200 or 300 entries, the less padding the better.

Remember. You, as the author, will know things that the Character you write in may not know.

As an example, GumDrop the Author, knows I am in the Burrick, and that I dumped the unconcious guard in the intersection.

Gumdrop the character does not. So until the character meets me, or another party, or is told the tale by someone, much of the action will not have an effect on them, nor will they be able to use the knowledge.

I know there is a Templar in town and that the body has been discovered. Now dead. The guy drinking in the Burrick does not know this.

Addenda I have a copy of the "cast of characters" from the original LAG, this includes AI and streets and locations.

It is not needed to author a line or a chapter, but may clear some confusion for those who weren't here for the first two (Konfessions and Like A Glove) when "we" use names of places and people that are not in the THIEF game series.

If you would like one, Email me and I will send you a ZIP of the original thread, and a Cast of Characters Doc.

End Trans

SlyFoxx
6th Jul 2002, 19:11
Ahh a 3rd reason. That's cool w/ me and makes perfect sence. BTW Waz...where are ya' buddy?

Gumdrop
6th Jul 2002, 23:53
Originally posted by Thorin Oakenshield
I'm sorry to say Gummie, But She's seeing someone else:( :D

:eek:

This is very strange. The last time I brushed up on the events in Dayport I sware the last 4 or 5 entries were simply not there, but the dates show they should have been. :confused:

Oh well. I guess old Trixter has also reregistered on this new forum...Didn't take him long. :rolleyes: :D

Nice to see you returning to a familiar stomping ground tBM. I was planning on weaving the "Spout" into the story somehow. I guess I'll have to cross Hawker's Bridge aswell...Just for oldtimes sake.

Great comeback Speedy. I was planning to elaborate on Fuschia a little, but as I've already said, your post didn't show up the last time I checked in. I didn't picture her as emotionally attached in any way to Gummie, but I can work with that. Man she took a beating...Gonna have to bring out her sadistic side me thinks. ;)

SlyFoxx
20th Jul 2002, 14:21
Sorry about the number of posts. If I try to put in too much it takes too long and I get logged off automaticly. I hate it when I type for 15 minutes and lose all my work to the either!

Enjoy....

SlyFoxx

theBlackman
20th Jul 2002, 18:15
Originally posted by SlyFoxx
Sorry about the number of posts. If I try to put in too much it takes too long and I get logged off automaticly. I hate it when I type for 15 minutes and lose all my work to the either!

Enjoy....

SlyFoxx

Open notepad. write whatever you want, then copy paste into the thread. That way you won't post a paragraph or two and lose the sequence because someone else jumps in between.

Also you can have the forum up in a reduced window with the notepad also reduced and switch back and forth. Then when you have your note finished just post and close Notepad.

:D

SlyFoxx
21st Jul 2002, 00:49
Ahhh. Will try that. :o

thanks

sly

SlyFoxx
25th Jul 2002, 13:27
Is anybody out there interested in keeping this thang going?

SlyFoxx

killer of Danguard and horses of authority figures

theBlackman
25th Jul 2002, 16:51
Is anybody out there interested in keeping this thang going?

SlyFoxx

killer of Danguard and horses of authority figures

I'll be back. Summer is always a slow time for this. The wilfe is getting around better so I'll have time to get after the murderer (chuckle) :p

Speedy[143]
25th Jul 2002, 16:53
I am... I just felt like I was posting more than my share:( and being relatively new to the community I didn't want to step on any toes:D

You're doing a great job with your character and the storyline Sly;)

I'm glad to hear your wife's recovery is in full gear Dusty... check your ICQ once-in-awhile heheheheh

XXXOOO
Speedy

Gumdrop
25th Jul 2002, 18:33
I'll get back to the yarn next week. :)

theBlackman
25th Jul 2002, 20:03
I am... I just felt like I was posting more than my share:( and being relatively new to the community I didn't want to step on any toes:D

You're doing a great job with your character and the storyline Sly;)

I'm glad to hear your wife's recovery is in full gear Dusty... check your ICQ once-in-awhile heheheheh

XXXOOO
Speedy

So solly. ICQ not running at the moment. I have been trying to tweak my new system and ICQ has been left until I have all the Sound card stuff installed.

I am still having trouble with the Audigy Drivers. I have GOBACK, however, so I can experiment to my hearts content and not worry about having to do a complete Format reinstall when things lockup from a new program or (in this case) set of drivers.

SlyFoxx
27th Jul 2002, 15:41
Oh ma gawd:eek: Who wacked The Templar? And I thought I was in trouble. Hummm. The plot thickins.

THEthief
27th Jul 2002, 16:24
Oh ma gawd:eek: Who wacked The Templar? And I thought I was in trouble. Hummm. The plot thickins.

I guess that was ... me? :D :)

littlek
29th Jul 2002, 17:35
Uh oh - we are in trouble now.....:eek:

SlyFoxx
29th Jul 2002, 23:32
Hidin' low movin" right to left.
You see (me) commin' I think it's best
Move away, hear what I say
Under my breath

Tonight there's gonna' be a jailbreak
Somewhere in this town
Tonight there's gonna' be a jailbreak
Don't wanna be around

-Thin Lizzy-

Gumdrop
30th Jul 2002, 00:08
“Ah, fodder from God.”

Love that line Speedy. :)

Sorry Littlek. :p

littlek
30th Jul 2002, 19:13

Sorry Littlek. :p

What for? About feeding my horses 'shrooms? No wonder they are acting goofy lately. :D

Speedy[143]
3rd Aug 2002, 00:10
I had fun using it!!!!

Welcome to the story yubetcha:D I was hoping someone would rescue me.. I hate to bonk Bennie but I was prepared to do it hehehehehe

Hmmmmmm I got a sister hey??!! The plot thickens.. sorry had to say it LOL:p

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
3rd Aug 2002, 06:08
I had fun using it!!!!

Welcome to the story yubetcha:D I was hoping someone would rescue me.. I hate to bonk Bennie but I was prepared to do it hehehehehe

Hmmmmmm I got a sister hey??!! The plot thickens.. sorry had to say it LOL:p

XXXOOO
Speedy

Thanks, Speedy...I hope you see this before you post. I didn't rescue you...yet :). I was finishing up a loose end from another story. A friend's sister was kidnapped, and I had to rescue her. At the end of the last story, I introduced her brother to the story, and mentioned that I needed to find him and get him away from the evildoers. So this post was finishing that up. I was rescuing him, not you...but give me a little time :). Sorry I didn't make that clear in the story. I guess I should fix it.

yubetcha
3rd Aug 2002, 07:01
Okay, post fixed, and Speedy's door unlocked.

Actually, Speedy, I considered unlocking your cell door in my first post, but I thought that you might have put yourself there for an important reason. I didn't want to ruin it for you, so I didn't open it. I thought maybe you would post a "Hey! Unlock my door" if you wanted out. But this works too :). So there ya are. Run with it :).

theBlackman
3rd Aug 2002, 07:46
Doing good guys and gals. Now that the wife is getting around a bit by herself, I can do some writing and get my guy back into the action.

Speedy[143]
3rd Aug 2002, 20:24
I had it totally wrong heh

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
5th Aug 2002, 20:40
Speedy, I was hoping that the unconcious body in the cell with you was me! If I was wrong.....send a gas arrow my way. ;)

I'll try to keep up with the story but I just started teaching riding at a 2 week riding camp. All these horse crazy kids are fun.:)

Speedy[143]
9th Aug 2002, 00:22
I was glad it was YOU... actually it was going to be a woman wearing a corset.. I was going to use one of the stays also called boning as a lockpick to make my escape but we got out and that's all that matters... thanks to yubetcha:D

Teaching riding to children sounds like so much fun.... I once sent my now grown daughter to riding camp during the summer when she was in middle school.... she still talks about it and remembers the horses name she was responsible for... it was a wonderful experience... you'll be participating in making the same kinds of memories for other children... so enjoy!!!!!

Cya when you get back.... we'll be here;)

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
9th Aug 2002, 17:59
....I don't wear no corset!

Speedy[143]
10th Aug 2002, 16:55
Then she would had to have been Fuschia!!!!

Check out these riding corests... you may change your mind;)

Oh la la........ hehehehhe

http://www.agelesspatterns.com/9_Corsetsx.html

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
12th Aug 2002, 14:05

http://www.agelesspatterns.com/9_Corsetsx.html

XXXOOO
Speedy

YIKES!

SlyFoxx
14th Aug 2002, 23:31
"ME": "Humm...what to do...what to do?" Sly cracks open a Pete's Wicked Summer Brew and ponders. A few possibilites come to mind.

ME: "Careful Foxx 'ol boy." "Don't want to slip up now."

"I": "Reckon you'll track down The Templar?"

"ME": "I've to hold Council on the matter...with myself and others of great importance like "ME" and "I."

at this point the ale our hero is consuming foams over into tehjwe keyyyygdbord fuchkign things op a bit.

"I": "That'al never do Sly 'ol boy. Gotta 'ave a steady nerve."

"ME": reaching for a rag "I got it...I got it... stop your laughing d--kh--d."

:p

Gumdrop
17th Aug 2002, 09:42

Ooh yeah...I'll take one #1320 1876 WHITE COUTIL CORSET. Looks like I might have room to stash a couple of spare scouting orbs down the front. :D

littlek
17th Aug 2002, 15:34
LOL Gummie - so is this going to be a new taffer outfit?

SlyFoxx
17th Aug 2002, 16:14
Maybe you should stash a flash bomb down one side and a scouting orb down the other, that way you're doubly covered.
:)

Speedy[143]
19th Aug 2002, 23:09
It gave me goosebumps:eek:

To bad you don't wear a corset you could take out a stay and stab the SOB heh

I wonder if there are any unwelcomed creatures in here with me???? *looks around suspiciously*:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
20th Aug 2002, 12:31
Littlek, you wrote: "Sneaks long sigh at her success...". Did you mean Speedy's?

littlek
20th Aug 2002, 14:54
uh....yup! :o

Speedy[143]
20th Aug 2002, 19:53
I thought you ment YOU snuck a long sigh at your success but found that now you faced a huge spider not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek: dang thanks for clearing that up yubetcha... yeah thanks a lot:rolleyes: LOL

XXXOOO
Speedy <------- must leave NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yubetcha
21st Aug 2002, 11:06
LOL! Sorry, Speedy. Dontcha wish we could do this day over again? :D. But who knows? It could be worse. That hissing sound could be Eddie Murphy on drugs and full of gas...:D

Actually, I knew that she wasn't referring to herself, because she mentioned a room. The only person in any kind of a room was you. She was in the hallway. That's what the picture in my mind told me, anyway. And the voices in my head :D. BTW, I have a question. Why do the voices in people's heads always argue with each other? ... :D :D :D

littlek
21st Aug 2002, 17:42
I am too much of a coward to face that spider so I thought you'd like to have a crack at it. Hope your riding corset has something in it to kill the critter...or the weapons in that spider's room are still functional.

I have also been wondering where everyone else is. Last I heard, a prized burrick was being sought, WhatzHERface was being tortured by that Templar that was knocked out and tBM was celebrating his birthday.

theBlackman
21st Aug 2002, 17:53
tBm will be back at the Whales Spout shortly. At present the daily routine, having been adjusted due to the wife's problem, has prevented the drafting of my addition to the tale.

Fear not I shall return. The tale of the stolen burrick is also on hold temporarily, as GumDrop has some RL projects that have prevented his appearance to rescue Thorin and himself from the throes of burrick shenanigans.

He too shall return.

Meanwhile I am enjoying the progressing tale. Yubba, LK and Speedy, among others are doing well. BTW, just step on them lil spiders LK. :D :D

Speedy[143]
21st Aug 2002, 19:34
Originally posted by littlek
I am too much of a coward to face that spider so I thought you'd like to have a crack at it. Hope your riding corset has something in it to kill the critter...or the weapons in that spider's room are still functional.

Oh believe me there WILL be weapons available in the spiders den... unfortunately I'm not wearing a corset I'm incognito:cool: dressed as a boy... so I don't have any stays to use as a lockpick :(

Actually the spider opened a plethora of scenarios littlek... I got some surprises up my sleeve/s for everyone... is this fun or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Glad to hear the others will be back;)

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
21st Aug 2002, 19:53

Oh believe me there WILL be weapons available in the spiders den...

Gee, just like in the movies :D...find a problem and a solution with it LOL!

Actually the spider opened a plethora of scenarios littlek... I got some surprises up my sleeve/s for everyone... is this fun or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

Could I make a suggestion? You may have already thought of this, but I suggest that you don't find something in the room that the spider should have set off previously while walking around in the room, such as mines. :)

theBlackman
21st Aug 2002, 20:04
Originally posted by yubetcha

Could I make a suggestion? You may have already thought of this, but I suggest that you don't find something in the room that the spider should have set off previously while walking around in the room, such as mimes. :)

Why worry if the spider sets off a MIME no one will hear it anyway. :D :p

yubetcha
21st Aug 2002, 20:13
Originally posted by theBlackman

Why worry if the spider sets of a MIME no one will hear it anyway. :D :p

No, what I meant was how could you find a mine, even a gas mine or a flash mine, if the spider should have set it off some time previously by walking over it. And even an explosive mine would cause at least one dead spider, so you should find one there, if there were any of those mines lying around. :)

Speedy[143]
21st Aug 2002, 20:54
Look how he altered your spelling of "mine" yubetcha... he's pulling your leg sweetie

I already thought about the spider setting off any mines stored in the open... I've THOUGHT about a lot of things that may or may not happen heheheheh

XXXOOO
Speedy

theBlackman
21st Aug 2002, 21:03

No, what I meant was how could you find a mine, even a gas mine or a flash mine, if the spider should have set it off some time previously by walking over it. And even an explosive mine would cause at least one dead spider, so you should find one there, if there were any of those mines lying around. :)

LOL Gotcha!! Right on Speedy. :D :D

yubetcha
22nd Aug 2002, 11:52

LOL Gotcha!! Right on Speedy. :D :D

No ya didn't. Sorry to disappoint you (yeah right) :p . How could I NOT see MIME? It was capitalized, which made it stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not exactly blind, ya know! :p And yes I put it together with not hearing. I just decided to ignore it and explain. I wasn't sure if you understood me. And to be honest, there was a small question in the back of my mind, like the first rays of light peeking over the horizon, as to whether it was yet another misspelling. :p Joking, sort of.

littlek
22nd Aug 2002, 15:57
Yubetcha - maybe that spider has put a spell on you so that you misread things.........hmmmmm.

yubetcha
22nd Aug 2002, 16:47
Yubetcha - maybe that spider has put a spell on you so that you misread things.........hmmmmm.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough, so I edited the above post before deciding to add this one. I hope THAT helps! No, I got it. Mime=no hear. But I chose to ignore it for the reason given. And I was half kidding about the misspelling, and there is a lot of that around here.

theBlackman
22nd Aug 2002, 17:55

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough, so I edited the above post before deciding to add this one. I hope THAT helps! No, I got it. Mime=no hear. But I chose to ignore it for the reason given. And I was half kidding about the misspelling, and there is a lot of that around here.

Shirley, you don't mean to say that the members of this staid upright forum, would stoop to assinine, peurile jokes of that nature. :D :D

yubetcha
22nd Aug 2002, 18:25

Shirley, you don't mean to say that the members of this staid upright forum, would stoop to assinine, peurile jokes of that nature. :D :D

Nah, <strike>noone</strike> (WTF?!) no one <strike>hear</strike> (hmmmm :rolleyes: ) here <strike>wood</strike> (*****! :mad: ) would <strike>stupe</strike> (Oh for cryin'...) stoop <strike>two</strike> (@?##$?%&*#.. SON OF A... ..$%*@ :o ) to that. (Whew)
And BTW, don't call me <strike>surly</strike> uh, surely...oops! Shir....aw, forget it! :D

BTW #2, I wonder what would happen if someone turned off the runway lights today...er...tonight, and said " :D Just kidding". How about if you try it and let us know what happens? :D <small> Note to self: I need to rent that again</small>

theBlackman
22nd Aug 2002, 18:48
Phunny. "Get every light we have and put them on the runway." <small>Not exact but clothes enuff.</small>

Part 2 or Airplain revizitid wuz knot sew phunny. :D

littlek
29th Aug 2002, 20:16
Speedy, that is AWESOME!

...........gave me the heebie jeebies.

Speedy[143]
29th Aug 2002, 23:33
Thanks littlek it was fun to write.... I've got the next segment ready to post but I'd feel like a big fat hog posting 3-in-a-row heh

I guess I'll just keep falling and falling and falling and... until another taffer let's his/her imagination run away with him/her then I can go splat:confused: nah Speedy never splats:cool:

Actually come to think of it I have had my share of splatting while engaged in my thiefty ways:eek: it hurts... hurts bad:(

In my best haunted voice "Join us.... join us noooowwwwwww!!!"

XXXOOO
Speedy:D

littlek
4th Sep 2002, 16:38
Oh no Yubetcha......do we have to face a haunt? They scare me more than spiders. she shudders

You go first! I'll be right behind you........ trust me. :D

yubetcha
4th Sep 2002, 16:52
Oh no Yubetcha......do we have to face a haunt? They scare me more than spiders. she shudders

You go first! I'll be right behind you........ trust me. :D

LOL! Suuuuuurrrrre. I thought that perhaps you would want to do the honors. But maybe we won't have to. <i>They both turn to look at Speedy </i> :D Just kidding, Speedy. Gee, I wonder what's on the other side of that door. heh heh heh

Speedy[143]
4th Sep 2002, 18:32
Company:D GOOD to see you both... way to go littlek... that's one way to face your spider fears heheheh

Hmmmmmm let's see I'll take door number 2 please LOL@Yubetcha:eek:

Well my plan is to get to the docks and find an old salty dog I can trust;) who might be able to help me pinpoint some of the landmarks on the pirate's treasure map:D

We could make either door an entrance to the sewers or we could go for the haunt's door and have him chase us for awhile then into a waterway of some sort... I've already got my next segment written which I can edit without any problem just let me know if either one or both of you want to go for one hellava water ride!!!!!!!! In the mean time I'm going to let Yubetcha explore the room a little further and littlek YOU need to get that goo off you before it starts to stink heh

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
4th Sep 2002, 19:49
Water ride sounds fun....plus it'll get the spider slime off me.

Gumdrop
5th Sep 2002, 01:36
Littlek - I was just reading up on the story to see who is with who etc...and I noticed you have me marked down as the Dwarf in your horsey narration (which was a cool idea so I went with it myself ;) ). I guess you are not a fan of fantasy fiction as you would have realised that the only Taffer that could possibly be a Dwarf is Thorin Oakenshield! :)

If you could go back and correct it that would make the story flow better. Thanks.

By the way. It took me a good 45 minutes to read through the whole thing as it stands so far, so I guess we've got a real yarn on our hands. Great stuff! :)

littlek
5th Sep 2002, 15:19
Gum - got it done. Sorry for misreading it but the thought of those 'srooms made me drool on my keyboard.

What is ironic is that I am currently writing a lab for my students investigataing Fungi. Wonder where I can get some glowing ones......

yubetcha
6th Sep 2002, 12:20
I edited my last post, so if you read it, you may want to try again. I decided that it needed something, so I wrote a novel :D. I tried to shorten it, and succeeded, a little. Sorry it's so long. I took out a little of the fat, explored a little more, and added something near the end. It seemed boring, so I tried to fix it :). If you wrote something already, and this edit messes you up, let me know. I have the original post and can put it back if need be. Did you guys find anything in the trunk?

littlek
6th Sep 2002, 14:05
Yubetcha - That was awesome. I never could hold my sneezes. Gotta think about what could be in that chest. Maybe something that could nuke those haunts. Whatcha think Speedy?

I am wondering about tBM who is still in the bar and Stikboy is still laying unconcious in an alley.

Cannot wait to see what happens to Thorin and Gum's adventure with a munched out Burrick.

yubetcha
6th Sep 2002, 15:00

I am wondering about tBM who is still in the bar and Stikboy is still laying unconcious in an alley.

Yeah, wouldn'tcha know...while some people work, others are taking life easy :D

theBlackman
6th Sep 2002, 18:05

Yeah, wouldn'tcha know...while some people work, others are taking life easy :D

Well being <s>retarded</s> err... retired, some of us can sit in a bar. :p

Seriously folks, I promise to get some action going, plus a note to Stikboy, soon. The wife is pretty much on her own now except for some minor physical activities.

Speedy[143]
6th Sep 2002, 18:57
Nice edit Yubetcha.... first time I read your original post I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't kill yourself off pleeeeeeeeease.. then I reread it and thought hmmmmmm this could work both ways... your edit made it a little easier:D No way are we going to let you die hehehehe

Yeah we found some great stuff in the trunk littlek go check it out:cool:

BTW.....

What is ironic is that I am currently writing a lab for my students investigataing Fungi. Wonder where I can get some glowing ones......

I didn't realize you were a teacher???? My son teaches 6th grade earth science and geology;)

Hang at that bar a little longer Blackman I'm/we're on our way:D

Welcome back Gummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
6th Sep 2002, 20:31
LOL Speedy - that is a classic. Wonder how Yubetcha is going to smell with all that haunt goo all over him.

Yes, I teach High School Biology at a private school.

yubetcha
6th Sep 2002, 21:18
I liked your contribution, Speedy. And I was wondering what you guys would find in the trunk.
BTW, I am sometimes here on weekends, and sometimes not. I'll probably be here later...possibly like 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. But I tried to give you guys enough room if I'm not. So if you want, go ahead and write. Don't wait up for me :D. If you decide to explore with me, then go ahead and write my character for a little while. If you want to leave, feel free, but please leave my character here to explore. I'll just catch up with you when I come back. (And I can write any result to catch up). But you're welcome to explore with me, as I wrote. Anyway, we don't make a bad team. Haunts don't stand a chance :D

Gumdrop
10th Sep 2002, 20:37
Just a quick note/bump/"yay" all in one. :)

Keep up the good taffings everyone. I am enjoying the unfolding drama that is currently going on in other parts of the city, and given another week and a half, the current big/super important/mucho wonga contract that is currently sucking up our firm will be done and dusted and I can return to the fray in earnest (YESSSsss...I finally managed to slip in one of my fav' words! :D ).

I started printing out the yarn this evening (confessions & LaG taught me the meaning of posterity), and have already devoured 15 pages using a super sexy DL'd "Mochingo" font set at size 9! My staple gun will only pierce close to 20 pages, so it looks like I will have to resort to multiple batches! Still, I am one for reading in bed (sounding old as the hills here) so I am looking foreward to going through the begining when I hit 40 pages. :)

Speedy[143]
11th Sep 2002, 00:23
(YESSSsss...I finally managed to slip in one of my fav' words! :D ).

Wongo or frey?????:D

Great idea Gummy I think I'll dl it as well.. never can tell when "things" might get lost in the pixels;)

Yubetcha, littlek, and I ARE having fun.... we'll stilll be here when you get more time...... is it time yet?????? hehehehe

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
11th Sep 2002, 12:12

Wongo or frey?????:D

Maybe it's 'mucho' or 'earnest'. :D
Don't mind me. I just wanted to bump this up :D

littlek
11th Sep 2002, 15:27
LOL - Is there ever an end to these spiders and spider goo? Need a special antispider weapon....hmmmm...what's in that chest over there.

Been covered up at work but I am always thinking of something. Hopefully I'll ge the time to write it down.

yubetcha
11th Sep 2002, 17:31
Nothing wrong with spiders. We needed to move forward, not go backward. What better way to close it off? Especially when it's so obvious:
1) Thief spiders are aggressive and therefore would naturally attack humans they can see.
2) because of candlelight, they can see us

Guess what 1+2 equals. :)

Speedy[143]
13th Sep 2002, 08:08
LOL - Is there ever an end to these spiders and spider goo? Need a special antispider weapon....hmmmm...what's in that chest over there.

What's in the chest??? Anything you want littlek:D I left it wide open so you and Yubetcha could take what you needed. Since you had no weapons at all I figured you would want to load up.

I had found a sword, a bow, 2 broadheads, 4 water arrows, a warped rope arrow, set of lockpicks and BJ from the room above... plus I still have my wooden spider stake heh. I used up 2 water arrows on one of the haunts so I took a few more things from the chest after you and Yubetcha took what you needed but I didn't get a chance to say what they were before we went through the door into the new area :rolleyes: np..... I'll fit it in when it comes time to pull out the weapons again:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
13th Sep 2002, 14:24
Read and weep! :D

I think we are on our way out. Keep that warped rope arrow around.

Speedy[143]
13th Sep 2002, 19:42
Great additions littlek and Yubetcha.. I laughed... I cried... I really got excitied.... The holy water mine was c00l!!!!!!!!:cool: The graffiti in the bathroom cracked me up:D

I spent a little bit of time late last night editing the sequence I wrote weeks ago but haven't posted yet to include both of you.... it's going to fit in really well once Yubetcha is done exploring... this if FUN:eek: Just let me know when you're both ready for that bath and we'll make a dramatic exit... totally up to Yubetcha at this point I want to see what's down the hall and in those rooms:confused:

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
13th Sep 2002, 20:19
ROTFLMAF on the bathroom graffitti Yubetcha. That is a classic. Maybe there ought to be an FM of this LAG. I do not have the time nor the talent.

I dreamed up the holy water mine at 3 am - couldn't sleep. It'd be a nice addition to Garrett's arsenal when down in the bonehoard.

yubetcha
14th Sep 2002, 01:12
That mine was a good idea, LittleK. I think you should email that to the Thief 3 designers. Couldn't hoit :D

littlek
19th Sep 2002, 18:55
Yubetcha, try as I might, I cannot think exactly what creature has heavy breathing and growls. Is it a Burrick or maybe an Ent? I don't remember the sounds of the Ents too well since they scared the jabeeza's out of me.

yubetcha
19th Sep 2002, 20:10
Littlek, I just read the story. Thorin and Gumdrop?!?! Down there with us?? How could they have gotten down there in the underground church from where they were in their last post? Actually, I had something else in mind. Something scarier than a burrick. I see burricks as only a little more harmful than a puppy. Oh well. Now a tree ent! I hadn't thought of that, but that would be a good idea. That's an encounter after which many people have had to wash their underwear. :)

littlek
19th Sep 2002, 20:53
If it does not fit, I can take it out. Just my imagination going amok. Anyhow, maybe the way they came in is the way out....or maybe tree ents are afraid of burricks....especially the renowned gaseous maximus.

Dunno and I have no idea how that story popped into my head. Must be all this fungi in my room.

yubetcha
20th Sep 2002, 11:20
It doesn't matter to me whether Gummie et. al. are there or not. I just hope that they can explain themselves. I wish one of them would post to let us know. And I've never seen a burrick and an ent together, but I would be very surprised if ents were afraid of burricks. :)

Gumdrop
20th Sep 2002, 13:59
Thanks for the email Yubetcha, I can see the problem now. If you want to keep the atmosphere down there a creepy one, then maybe a runaway Burrick and a couple of bumbling Taffer's don't quite fit the bill. :D

I will leave it up to you guys to work out, and will go back and edit my last post if need be. I did have a little idea on how I wanted to progress, but really don't mind where I'm dumped as it can be fun to go with whatever is thrown at you. Thorin seems to be buisy, so I'm just dragging him along with me to keep him in the story incase he wants to jump in again later.

I'll be back in buisness at the weekend so don't let me hold you up. Now where's that Blackie... ;)

littlek
20th Sep 2002, 15:13
How about if I just delete my last story? Doesn't seem like it fits in with what everyone had planned.

yubetcha
20th Sep 2002, 16:09
As GumDrop said, it can be fun to be thrown in unexpectedly. I don't mind if you leave it in, as long as GumDrop doesn't. I just hope that it doesn't mess up his plans or make the story too light :). If GumDrop followed the burrick into this area, we could probably get out the same way. But Speedy had another way out, if I recall. Where is she, anyway? I just don't see how the burrick, Thorin and GumDrop could've gotten to where we are, that's all. This church is underground and was boarded up as well. :)

Gumdrop
20th Sep 2002, 17:26
I just hope that it doesn't mess up his plans...
Haha. Well this whole Burrick heist can't get any more messed up, so no worries there. :)

I've been thinking about it a little and maybe this is a good way to get my tangent moving again and back into the whole Templar arc. Maximus breaks loose, chomps all my mushrooms, then bolts out the stable on the hunt for more. There are many ways the underground can be linked together - like a persuit through the sewers. Thorin and I chase Maximus down into her old haunt which could easily connect to abandoned basements etc...

How about if I just delete my last story?
Maybe you could alter it slightly so we rush past? Sort of like a "Hey was that Littlek & Co. back there?" That way you guys can chose whatever exit you want and get me back to the main part of the city.

Like I said, I will edit my post to fit in with whatever. I'll pop in on Sunday. :)

Speedy[143]
20th Sep 2002, 18:14
Question for Yubetcha... as littlek asked.... "What creature has heavy breathing and growls?"

Guess it doesn't really matter at this point... Gummy's ready to run with it... just curious where you were headed:confused: Suggestion.... once the trio passes by that heavy breather, growing thingy could be hot on their trail if you had something in mind!!!!

Indeed I do have a way out and if anyone wants to follow me just speak up... I've written Yubetcha and littlek in already but I've got one of those big pink erasures and can edit it anyway you guys want just give me the word when you're done exploring down here and ready to get wet:D

Sounds like Gummy and Thorin will be on their own as well as their pal Gaseous Maximus.... way to roll with the punches;) hehehehe

EDIT: I see Thorin has taken the reins and got the three of them out and onto the streets above so if littlek edits her post just before his and adds something about the three of them running past us and dissapearing into what ever direction she chooses.... we can either address the sounds Yubetcha heard or use the opportunity to either assume the burrick knows the way out and we can follow her trail anytime or continue exploring..... up to you guys... I'm easy:p Back to work for me I'll try to check in again but I'm going to be busy all day tomorrow... prolly won't be 'til Sunday:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
20th Sep 2002, 19:34
I edited.

Will those changes allow everyone to keep to their stories? I am anxious for the water ride. ;)

Thorin Oakenshield
21st Sep 2002, 10:01
Hi Guys,
I got an email from yubetcha (Thanks) I forgot this was still running :o
I've edited my post since. I left it open for a few things. Maybe if you follow the way we went you'd reach a Thorin shape hole in a wall to the outside:D Or bring in if Littlek was waving at Thorin or Gummie;) Is there something going on? :p

Later

yubetcha
24th Sep 2002, 15:27
Well, there's the explanation for the growling. That's what I had in mind. The words didn't seem to do justice to the picture in my head, but I hope you got the idea :). I almost made a reference to missions in which we (or Garret) go on missions without weapons, and the reason is usually unexplained. But I cut it out :).

littlek
24th Sep 2002, 16:35
I'd say you did a very good job decribing that thing - gave me the willies. So did we lose Speedy?

yubetcha
24th Sep 2002, 20:10
So did we lose Speedy?

I don't know. I followed you :). Probably not, though. Maybe you followed her.

Speedy[143]
24th Sep 2002, 21:23

I don't know. I followed you :). Probably not, though. Maybe you followed her.

hehehhe.. I'm working on it... should have something of interest in just a few minutes:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
26th Sep 2002, 13:31
littlek, did you say something about hating spiders? :D

littlek
26th Sep 2002, 16:06
Yubetcha, you are naughty. I used to have a pet spider in my bathroom.....but now....anyhow, I was previously stumped as to what to add....until your story inspired me. So... read on.

yubetcha
26th Sep 2002, 16:41
I just brought in the spider :D. I was considering having Speedy shoot it off of your back with an arrow ala William Tell. You did good. What will we come up with next?

littlek
26th Sep 2002, 17:13
Well, I was hoping I left it open for that water ride Speedy promised awhile back.

Gotta share this. I was just walking back from having lunch and absently reached to scratch my back at something that was irritating my skin.....then it hit me....I thought about that spider. Gave me the willies. So I figured I just had a Yubetcha moment.

Gumdrop
27th Sep 2002, 20:03
Ok Thorin. I'll quickly deliver our cold blooded friend and meet you back at the Burrick so we can return to the main story arc...or whatever. :)

SlyFoxx
29th Sep 2002, 13:18
Sorry folks....have been away too long. Been a busy little beta tester for frobber's "The Innseruction." Since it's just about ready for public consumption I've got a lot more time for silly fun stuff like the LAG. Just sat down this (Sunday) morning to get caught up. Sounds like three taffers have gotten themselves into a peck 'o trouble. Stick together you three! You'll be alright if littlek doesn't get into any more spiders. :D

Thorin....you stay in that tub for at least an hour you hear! Gummie will bring the Bishop's Finger ummmm err I mean the Monks Member.

Sly's gonna sit and think up a devilish and sneeky plan for Dagosport. I'm NOT going down on account of a filthy guard.

littlek
30th Sep 2002, 18:55
Speedy, The water ride was fun.....now on for some more adventures.

Speedy[143]
30th Sep 2002, 19:57
It's great to see Sly back too:cool: stories really picking up... go go go Thorin & Gummy... maybe TheBlackMan's ready to jump back in as well:confused: heh I know I asked him to wait 'cuz I was on my way... welp I'm almost there:p

Looks like Yubetcha's got his hands full holding on to "Deadman's Rocks" I'm gonna wait to see where you put yourself littlek before I move on.. I've got several ideas in the works... never thought LAG would turn into so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
1st Oct 2002, 16:54
I've been busy and so wrote a lot but I had a lot of fun doing it. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Let me know and I'll edit.

I'm at the Burrick...

Speedy[143]
1st Oct 2002, 17:58
That's one of the best contribution so far IMHO... there's only one problem and it's a big one I'm afraid BUT it can be fixed real easily...

The Chrippled Burrick is waaaaaaay on the otherside of Dayport and TheBlackMan isn't there... he's at "The Whales Spout" (that's where I'm headed)

Thing is I wouldn't want you to change a thing 'cuz it's a great read... but you're gonna have to tweek it a tiny bit....

Suggestion.... edit it just a tad by eliminating either any reference to TheBlackMan or ask someone where he is and have them say he snuck out the back hours ago... and Garrett needs to tell you he's on his way to the "Chrippled Burrick" ACROSS town to hook up with some mutual friends or whatever... that should take care of it..

Ooooooooorrrrrrrr... you could be dreaming:eek: Yeah you passed out on the dock and had a lovely dream... then you wouldn't have to edit it at all heheheheh

I loved it littlek.. YOU did a great job;) Perhaps we will get some other taffers joining/rejoining in our fun story now thanks to you:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

Speedy[143]
1st Oct 2002, 18:44
heh I was afraid another edit might be missed on above post..

Littlek.... I read your story again and it's just to good to be edited (unless that's what you decide to do) so if the "dream" idea works for you let me know and I'll run with it... I'm itchin to include it in my next segment:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
1st Oct 2002, 19:27
OK, forgot about tBM being at the Whale Spout. Creepy place. I edited and made the Burrick across town and tBM at Whale's Spout. But you could still make it a dream.....that is fine by me. I could easily see myself dreaming about a beer and a bath. :D

yubetcha
1st Oct 2002, 20:34
Littlek, there's a minor problem. It's so minor that it's almost not worth mentioning. You changed tBM to Huntress, but didn't change the phrase about the loot. I think it's kind of funny myself, but Huntress might not like being referred to as a 'his'. :D.
"It was rumored she stashed his wealth in the Bonehoard...."
Someone reading might think she either stole some unmentioned person's loot or had a gender change. :D

Speedy[143]
2nd Oct 2002, 20:01
OK, forgot about tBM being at the Whale Spout. Creepy place. I edited and made the Burrick across town and tBM at Whale's Spout. But you could still make it a dream.....that is fine by me. I could easily see myself dreaming about a beer and a bath. :D

c00l!!!!! Thanks littlek this will be fun... I'm swamped with work right now but I will make some time late this afternoon to post:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
3rd Oct 2002, 14:47
SPEEDY, THAT'S AWESOME! Since we passed the 'pure of heart' test. we have to go back and get that book......and revisit that beast yubetcha had in the cave.

Hey, save me a bite of that burrick steak.

Nightwalker
4th Oct 2002, 17:46
I just wanted to tell you all how much I'm enjoying reading the story you're creating! I leave it for a week or so and then I get to read a bunch of it all at once. Thanks for all the entertainment! :)

yubetcha
7th Oct 2002, 11:38
Littlek and Speedy, I can't see the continuity in your last posts. Am I misreading? In littlek's post, she wrote about Speedy knocking out the guard by the bed while he's angrily talking to littlek, and Speedy wrote about finding the guard drunk in front of a mirror, knocking him out and then going to the Whale Spout. :)

littlek
7th Oct 2002, 12:10
we probably posted at the same time.....we'll fix it.

yubetcha
7th Oct 2002, 14:19
we probably posted at the same time.....

That's what I thought. The difference in post times is 22 minutes. I guess that you probably posted as Speedy started typing.

Speedy[143]
7th Oct 2002, 17:49
heh that's exactly what happened.. I must have logged on and took way longer posting 'cuz of a long distance phone call I got half way through then didn't go back before submitting it to make sure it still fit.... sorry:( it's a mess now that's for sure.... totally my fault.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do:confused: I've been trying to get to the Whales Spout ever since I found the pirate's map and booty in hopes of hooking up with someone who has expertise about these things:D *coughtBmcough*

If littlek saves her post and replaces it with more of what's going on in her dream I can edit mine to lead into hers.... then she can post it again and the continuity won't be broken!?!?

Do you follow me?????

XXXOOO
Speedy

P.S. Thanks Nightwalker I'm glad you're enjoying the story... you can join us any time you know:cool:

littlek
7th Oct 2002, 19:51
I think if we communicate here we can come up with a story line that flows. No problem editing for me. Will this work:

That guard who woke me up is the same one you knocked out earlier. I can write that in.

You got the food from the Whale Spout and came back to get me.

I have some questions too:

Did you want to return to get the book out of the pool?

Were you looking for tBM at the Whale Spout?

theBlackman
7th Oct 2002, 20:27
hmmmmmmmmmmmm what to do:confused: I've been trying to get to the Whales Spout ever since I found the pirate's map and booty in hopes of hooking up with someone who has expertise about these things:D *coughtBmcough*
XXXOOO
Speedy

P.S. Thanks Nightwalker I'm glad you're enjoying the story... you can join us any time you know:cool:

Speedy. Did I send you the original LAG? It has general directions to the Spout.

The Spout is on the waterfront outside of Three Gate (the garrison wall that encloses the city from the waterfront.)

From the Burrick the general direction is East. The wall (3 gate) runs south to north with East Gate at the northern end, and West gate at the South and the main gate in the center.

The nomenclature of the gates is based on their location in the wall not on the Compass Rose.

The Spout is at the northern end of Three Gate, just short of Shipwrights way.

Will send the file if you want.

Speedy[143]
7th Oct 2002, 20:35
Thanks littlek... guards don't usually wakeup but they do get replaced when shifts change:D The guard that attacks you could be a new one.. I'd take care of making it clear when I edit my post.... I will be sure to bring food for you from the pub when I come back to check on you...

Also.. I intend to share the info I get with you about the treasure map so we will have plenty to do I'm sure once we get some guidence from tBm:p HINT HINT:D

I don't think we can get back to the pool and no one's been able to retreive the Book anyway.....

I'm not really suppose to know that tBm is at The Whales Spout... what I do know is someone with pirate map and treasure knowledge should drink/reside there.... the last post Dusty made put him there so I'm hoping he will jump in when I ask the bar keep for info:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
7th Oct 2002, 20:39
OK, I'll edit out that we are going back to the caves....instead, we are off to find some treasure! :D

theBlackman
7th Oct 2002, 20:48
OK. I have printed out all the pages except about the last six or eight posts. (70 plus including the comments) and will read up and get back in the game.

The wife (Adrianne) is pretty much self sufficient now so I can take the time to compose something that will fit.

Apologies for the delay, but I must say Yubetcha, LittleK and you, Speedy have been doing a great job. I'm not ignoring Thorin or GD but you three have carried the bulk of the saga. And very well.

Speedy[143]
7th Oct 2002, 21:07

Speedy. Did I send you the original LAG? It has general directions to the Spout.

The Spout is on the waterfront outside of Three Gate (the garrison wall that encloses the city from the waterfront.)

From the Burrick the general direction is East. The wall (3 gate) runs south to north with East Gate at the northern end, and West gate at the South and the main gate in the center.

The nomenclature of the gates is based on their location in the wall not on the Compass Rose.

The Spout is at the northern end of Three Gate, just short of Shipwrights way.

Will send the file if you want.

Yes you sent it to me a long time ago but I just haven't had time to read through it... I'm lucky to be able to keep up with littlk & Yubetcha recently heheheheh...

I had re-read your post when you left from The Crippled Burrick on your trek to The Whales Spout that's why I posted this...

".........I couldn’t see a thing until we finally splashed into the main canal at the edge of Dayport that feeds the waterfront then empties into the sea just east of Threes Gate. One more spillway put us in the chilly sea."

That was the best I could do to put myself as close as possible to the pub in hopes that I'd get some help deciphering the map and identifying the bounty.... my real hope is to get some fresh spin on this yarn by YOU-KNOW-WHO!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm gonna go edit my post so be sure to re-read it when I finish... thanks;)

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
8th Oct 2002, 12:29

I don't think we can get back to the pool and no one's been able to retreive the Book anyway.....

XXXOOO
Speedy

I have been considering trying to get back to the pool, and perhaps even finding the spell book again and the other one. I see two possibilities, but I don't know how probable they are. In the church, there are steps going down into darkness. To where? A sewer perhaps? The blockage that I created is in the hallway, between the main church area and that stairway. So if we could find our way back to the stairway, we could easily find the book by going up through the same hole. Sometimes (but not always), when I read about any passages of any kind, I wished that the author would explore them, so I can find out where they lead to :).
The second possibility would be to find how the beast in the cave gets from its lair to the nearby town (if it is doing so, to get food). I say if, because we don't know that it's the same beast. Possibly a long tunnel? And who knows? The beast's lair might have some treasure that once belonged to people it killed. This stuff isn't solid yet, of course, but if you want to get back to the pool, these could be possibilities....unless you just want to go on to something else :).
To see if there is sewer access to the church, perhaps we could break into the local records building and look at the drawings....or littlek and Speedy could go in and "talk" to the records keeper nicely :D. This would probably be in that nearby town where people keep disappearing. And we could probably even expand there on that idea. Quite a few possibilities, I think.

We're glad you're back, tBM, and that your wife is up and around again.

yubetcha
8th Oct 2002, 17:11
Littlek, in case you are confused after reading my latest, I decided to split my last post up after reading yours. I thought that the story might flow better. So part of my last post is before yours, and the other part is after. :)

Speedy[143]
8th Oct 2002, 17:13
Looks like we were able to restore some continuity with all the editing.... all three of us have hooked up again on the wharf not far from The Whales Spout.. we are on our way to pillage another warehouse or weapons factory so we are properly armed... I've shown littlek the map I found and told her I need to discuss it with someone who's knowledgable about such things..... so I for one will be heading back to The Whales Spout in hopes of finding that special someone:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
8th Oct 2002, 17:16
Well, I do think it flows better now. I noticed your split Yubethca. Worked very well.

Glad you are able to get back to the lag tBM because it means things are right as rain at home.....and inside the Whales Spout! Hope you are a good treasure map reader.

I am game for going back to the church and challenge that beasty down there or follow the treasure map. I have a blank mind right now....plus I am passing the buck to someone else - true to my characters cowardly ways. :D

theBlackman
13th Oct 2002, 18:24
Speedy the Whale Spout is a beached SHIP: No windows excep in the upper cabins on deck.

Gum Drop
06-14-2001 04:35 PM
The Whale Spout was not your usual city dive,the whole place was built from the hull of an old galleon resting on it’s side.All the timber had been white-washed,the removed masts had been erected across the street and lit up with hundreds of coloured lanterns. Entering,Gum Drop found the tavern full of swaggering cutthroats and large brash sea Captains.As he followed Lop Ear through the crowd,many of the leathery faces turned and nodded.The bar was a large semi circle made out of a dark wood that is shipped into the city from some far off country,behind it,a huge bronze cast of a whale had been mounted on a large,ornately carved plinth.Water spurted from it’s blow hole and cascaded down it’s sides into a shallow pool.The sides of the plinth were crammed with bottles,most of the labels could not be read,and of those that could,Gum Drop found most to have names that would make any respectable women blush!

theBlackman
06-18-2001 01:08 AM
As he made his way toward the Whales Spout, theBlackman followed the winding streets and byways, sometimes heading toward the harbor othertimes back toward ThreeGate, but always tending west toward the shipyards and the beached galleon that housed the tavern.
The tavern itself occupied the hold of the old galleon with one time gundeck converted into small rooms. The owner rented these out to the travelers passing through, and ,of course, to those shipowners or Captains who needed privacy away from thier wives. A skylight had been cut into the orlop deck overhead allowing light in during the day. Now a faint glow from the lighted masts filtering through. On the main floor of the Whales Spout, some secluded booths had been constructed on either side of the keel near the bows. Isolated from each other and the general hurly burly with curtains made of doubled heavy leather reinforced with chains sewed between the layers in a random pattern to thwart the thrust of sword or dagger. These booths were used frequently for liasons between the sexes or for secure private arrangements of a more sinister purpose.

The jagged opening, forced through the hull of the old converted galleon, had been left as graphic evidence of the violence that had been visited upon her aged hull. The splintered 10 inches of double planked strakes had been trimmed only enough to remove the sharp spikes of Oak that would have endangered those entering. From the hull exterior to the inside of the cargo hold, now tavern, a short arched tunnel ending in leather curtains, tied back to allow the entrance of the mild summer breeze, that opened onto the main floor. Wind paused at the curtained entrance and looked around the tavern floor, noting the upper level and the three hatchways through which her cargo had once been lowered.
The deck beams overhead had been reinforced to make up for the removal of the stantions that once supported the gun deck. This opened the ships interior from stem to stern making the entire hold one long narrow space. Except for the small private booths at the bow and the bar with its spouting brass whale directly opposite the entrance, the interior held only trestle tables and chairs. Bulkheads at each end concealed what appeared to be storerooms and the kitchen. Hard against the wall of ThreeGate, the galleon was lying with her bow to the west. The cable tier and locker seemed to be in use for liqour stores, and the flow of drabs and servers with steaming platters of stew and loaves of bread from the area of the stern identified the kitchen.
The water cascading down the sides of the Whale on the plinth helped cool the large room but did little if anything to reduce the blue haze and mingled odors that filled the air.

Speedy[143]
14th Oct 2002, 16:51
That's quit the pub... welp back to the drawing board er editing board I mean:D This could take awhile.. oh well:rolleyes:

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
14th Oct 2002, 17:10
Yes, it is. Is it looking for a part owner by any chance? :)
Also, does anyone remember the movie The Little Shop of Horrors? :D I never saw it myself, but remember the trailers. It looked like a weird movie. Something about strange plants. A musical, if I remember correctly.

Speedy[143]
14th Oct 2002, 20:50
...does anyone remember the movie The Little Shop of Horrors? :D I never saw it myself, but remember the trailers. It looked like a weird movie. Something about strange plants. A musical, if I remember correctly.

LOL@Yubetcha.... excellent play on words... both you and littlek are on a run... and yes I get the L.P. #9 reference too... thumbs up to you both!!!!!:D

I edited my last contribution the best I could... in fact I went back a couple posts and did some editing.... I hope The Whales Spout is more recognizable now... sorry I don't have the time to read the original LAG... thanks for copying and posting the description for me Dusty:)

XXXOOO
Speedy

littlek
15th Oct 2002, 20:29
Speedy, did we ever mention where we were going to meet up when it is time for the treasure hunt?

I also need to come up with something for what the S.P. potion does. Not sure where I was going there.

yubetcha
15th Oct 2002, 21:25
How about Sleeping Potion for someone's drink?
Or Slow Potion (for a fast enemy)? But just try to get them to drink it :D.
Yubetcha stopped as his pursuer caught up to him. Yubetcha said, "Here, drink this while I run away" :D

Or Sight Potion, affecting sight somehow (see in darkness perhaps?)
Slim Potion (to get through small areas?)
Strength Potion
See Potion (far seeing?)
There must be more.

BTW, interesting entry, littlek. What do we have down there in the sewer? Looks familiar :). I wonder how he/she/it got there. Or is it something different? Very interesting.

yubetcha
16th Oct 2002, 11:38
Speedy, we never did find out what caused the compass to go crazy in the caves when it was near you, did we?

littlek
16th Oct 2002, 14:54

BTW, interesting entry, littlek. What do we have down there in the sewer? Looks familiar :). I wonder how he/she/it got there. Or is it something different? Very interesting.

It should be familiar - its your monster! I thought that this was one way the monster got to the city to feed on unwary taffers. But it got trapped under the weapons store when some guard closed the gate......my guess, there is a way for it to get into the weapons store.

LOL on the S.P. ideas. The sleeping potion idea is a great idea - add it to the beer barrell at the pub and put all the guards to sleep. :D

yubetcha
16th Oct 2002, 15:28

It should be familiar - its your monster! I thought that this was one way the monster got to the city to feed on unwary taffers. But it got trapped under the weapons store when some guard closed the gate......

No, the pinkish monster is the one that attacked us in the church. I never described the other one in the cave, only that I heard the growl! That's the one that gets into town. I wondered how the pinkish monster got there in the sewer. It turns out that you were thinking of one monster, and I was thinking of the other one. The pinkish monster from the church is not the same monster as the one I wrote about who gets into town! It could turn out that they are the same species, I suppose, but the one in the church was created by an incantation, according to the priest's journal. Also, the last time we saw that one, it was buried under some rubble that I created.

littlek
16th Oct 2002, 15:46
Ohhhhhh....I thought it was the same specie of beastie. How about a mutant offspring of pinky?

yubetcha
16th Oct 2002, 15:48
Ohhhhhh....I thought it was the same specie of beastie. How about a mutant offspring of pinky?

sure, I think that would work. That would also give you a chance to describe it in greater detail, if you want, creating your own monster. Or you could leave it the way it is, whichever you prefer.

Speedy[143]
16th Oct 2002, 18:23
heh...

Littlek.... I told you and Yubetcha to meet me in an hour behind The Whales Spout BUT an hour can turn into days here in the land of LAG:D

Yubetcha.... regarding the compass.... my intent was to create some mystery surrounding the artifacts I found with the treasure map... I'm hoping to address the phenomenon when I hook up with one of those saltydogs at The Whales Spout:confused:

Speedy rubs the cramp from her thigh and waits patiently under the table:p

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
16th Oct 2002, 18:28
heh...

Speedy rubs the cramp from her thigh and waits patiently under the table:p

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

LOL! You've been under there for what? 3 or 4 days now? That must be one big cramp. :D
If you prop yourself up against a table leg, you could probably go to sleep LOL!

littlek
21st Oct 2002, 14:02
Yubetcha, Sunday, I spent a long time writing my lag so I just had to add it. But I did edit it slightly so now we are back where you had us - at the door. Do you have something in mind of what is behind that door?

Speedy, do you need some liniment?

yubetcha
21st Oct 2002, 16:15
littlek, no, I didn't have anything concrete yet. Right now it's all mud. I had a few things in mind, but haven't decided on which one yet. Maybe some loot and a note saying that the beast is the offspring of Janet Reno and Mike Tyson. One of its ears looks like it was bitten off LOL! (just kidding).
You really added a lot. I bet it took you quite some time to type. I was wondering how we would clear out that building. Good idea.
Anyway, I'll decide on one of the many ideas I have soon for the room, but if you can think of something worth all of the secrecy, go ahead.

littlek
21st Oct 2002, 18:45
LOL :D

We'll have to do an ear check when we finally get out.

Speedy[143]
22nd Oct 2002, 19:58
I was really hoping to run into someone that could help me with the treasure map at The Whales Spout... Lop Ear was of no help LOL

Yubetcha and littlek's adventure has been very interesting... way to go you two:D To bad we can't seem to get any new posters to contribute... I haven't seen a Templar in hours heh

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 00:33
Yeah, I guess the rest lost interest. Some even said they would get back into it, and then they don't. We are always starting these things and never finishing them. It looks like this will be another one! Some haven't posted in quite a long time. I don't know why we keep starting these if we aren't going to get any farther than we do. I guess the Templar and some of the others left town :). Maybe we'll have to start writing for the Templar, and some others. And if they get sentenced to Cragscleft for ten years, well, that's life.

yubetcha
23rd Oct 2002, 11:45
If anyone has an idea for the man in the cell, go ahead and write it in. I don't care much for my idea, but I guess I'll post it if no one else does. It would also be an excellent time for new people or ones who have been absent for awhile to get in to the story. I can also change it to a woman. If you don't post anything or post here that you plan to by this Wednesday afternoon or tonight, then I guess I'll post mine. But I would rather not :).

littlek
23rd Oct 2002, 15:39
I too have resisted writing about the identity of the man in the cell hoping someone would join in. I have already written a piece about who I thought it could be if an Eidos taffer doesn't want to join the LAG. I'll go ahead and post it. If it doesn't work or someone wants to join in, I'll delete it. Just ell me here.

it is interesting that you discussed an ending for the LAG. I was thinking of that also. Maybe we could end it after we find the treasure then retire to some island using our skills to keep taffers away from our loot.

littlek
31st Oct 2002, 02:01
Speedy, where are you?

OK you taffin taffers, we need some help here....:mad:

yubetcha
1st Nov 2002, 13:41
Thanks for abandoning us, guys, and leaving your part of the story hanging. Why do we EVER start these in the first place???? We never finish them. I'm sure that we haven't completed one yet. Must be that you get bored too easily. Maybe you should work on that. Or not start any more of them.

littlek
1st Nov 2002, 13:45
That is a great new twist.....leaves it open for some EIDOS TAFFERS to join the fun.

Now, where is Speedy? Do we wait to see if she joins us? Then we have a decision to make.......find the treasure and say "let them rot in prison" while we enjoy the good life or is it off to Cragscliff to rescue everyone?

Speedy[143]
1st Nov 2002, 18:02
Sorry Yubetcha and littlek I've had the flu since Monday... today's catchup day in the office and I've got to get to the bank and psot office ASAP!!!!!! so I'm not going to be able to post anything today.... I haven't even read either of your most recent posts:( but I promise to before I continue:D

Before the weekends over I'll have Speedy back in the thick of things:cool: thanks for hanging in there gang!!!!!!!;)

XXXOOO
Speedy

yubetcha
1st Nov 2002, 18:12
Sorry to hear that you've been ill, Speedy. I figured you would be back, so I wasn't referring to you I hope you know. You held out longer than the other guys :).

Littlek, did you get my PM about the potion book not being found in the caverns as you wrote? Or am I not remembering something correctly? :)

littlek
1st Nov 2002, 18:30
No, I didn't get a PM....but I may have set it so I don't get them. So, where did we find that book? In the shop?

Glad to have you back Speedy! Flu bug is the pits. :(

OK, read you PM, I'll edit so it reads correctly. How do you remember all these details?

yubetcha
1st Nov 2002, 18:46
Yeah, we found it in the shop. I guess it comes with my job :). I have to work with details as a mech. drafter/designer. Besides, it seems to be a little more difficult to remember the ones I don't write than the ones I do :).

Gumdrop
1st Nov 2002, 22:55
Keep holding out guys. I will get back in there at some point (maybe this weekend), but my lifesyle at the moment gives me little time to come and play, and what time I can grab for taffing is spent under the hood of DromEd.

I need to try and bring my arc back on course, so if you lot could post a general outline on what you have in mind, I can hook up later.

:)

littlek
13th Nov 2002, 02:14
Gummy - Wanna be the person we have been looking for who can interpret Speedy's treasure map? We could meet up in the library's secret room. I just submitted a post.

yubetcha
14th Nov 2002, 13:12
Originally posted by littlek IN ANOTHER THREAD

“We could watch the expanded version of “Lord of the Rings” on their new wide screen TV.” Littlek suggested, sensing her pint of ale was not in her near future.

Speedy and Yubetcha looked at her closely, questioning her sanity. “Wrong century.” Yubetcha replied.

Yubetcha asked littlek the next question. “Who is the love of your life?”

“Benny.”

LOL! :D :D :D

littlek
14th Nov 2002, 18:42
I figured you would make me reveal all my secrets until the T.P wears out.

yubetcha
15th Nov 2002, 16:03
I'm not trying to pick on you, littlek :). It's just a little difficult to write about anyone who's not currently posting in this situation, to keep this part of the story going (the murder). but there might be a side benefit. I think it's interesting to have a curve thrown at us once in awhile. :) But I don't see it as a big curve. It's a small one, I think.

littlek
15th Nov 2002, 17:44
I knew I couldn't trust anyone with the name of "Slyfoxx." Time to mount up and go on a fox hunt......a Slyfoxx hunt. Tallyho! :D

Yubetcha, you are right, we need to get back to the murder......and now I am a hunted feloness and a traitor. :(

But heck, the Templar steal my horses and that's reason enough for me to strike back! :mad:

I am just rambling now but maybe the map could be why the templar was murdered in the first place......hmmmmmm.

yubetcha
15th Nov 2002, 20:33
Yeah, we've gotten too far away from the murder, I think, so I tried to bring it back, and I remembered Slyfoxx typing that he was going to pin the murder on someone. I wouldn't have used you, but it seems that you and I are the only ones playing :( and I was afraid that if I used someone else who wasn't even posting, we would get away from it again, and it would just fizzle. But we'll find some way to clear you. Bet on it. You and I are in control here, so we'll come up with something. I see that even Speedy is too busy. That's the way it goes, I guess.

littlek
18th Nov 2002, 21:17
Well I am off - maybe I'll run into Slyfoxx and get my revenge for his deceipt and shooting one of my horses. Care to join me?

I was reading through some of the past posts on this LAG, where is everyone? There were a lot of taffers contributing before.

yubetcha
19th Nov 2002, 14:55
Littlek, you don't know about his turning you in yet. Perhaps you'll find out eventually, though. So far, you're just after him for shooting a horse... which is enough reason to go after him, IMO :).

Speedy[143]
20th Nov 2002, 00:27
Thank you, thank you, thank you for including me the past few weeks in your posts.. you have no idea how much I appreciate it:D I've had a rough month:(

You both made my day when I got caught up and found I was still involved heheheh... inspired to participate I actually took the time to post which took my mind off the not so fun things:rolleyes: Thanks again dear friends:)

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

littlek
25th Nov 2002, 14:52
Can't do this without you Speedy. I ended my last post for some new taffer to join in.....HEY! HELP US OUT!

I was scanning through the last LAG and there were so many taffers that contributed to it - lots of twists from so many minds contributing.

I don't mind keeping this LAG going because I do enjoy it but it seems so untaffer-like for only the three of us to support this. So, do I dare ask if we want to keep this LAG going or if we plan to end this?

SlyFoxx
30th Nov 2002, 15:19
I just got caught up this morning. Good stuff. However we need to lose the part about me trying to implicate littlek. Last I posted (yeah I know it's been a while) I was going to try and frame a noble by the name of Vincent Dagosport. Having me at the Whale's Spout trying to drop a hint to the Templar regarding littlek seems a large contradiction.

yubetcha
2nd Dec 2002, 13:22
Slyfoxx, I guess you changed your mind, and picked the person who was most convenient. Perhaps you wanted to get intimate with littlek and she didn't want to. It's been said that feelings of revenge can be strong :). (note to self: hmmmm, prolly should write something in to explain the change). Really, though, as I explained, I was afraid that if we picked anyone else, it would probably just fizzle, since she and I are the only ones playing. Feel free to jump into the story and change it logically :). Perhaps you had a change of heart and became remorseful. Then you can go back after Dagosport again.

littlek
3rd Dec 2002, 13:51
And remember Slyfoxx....I am hunting you for shooting my horse.....Tally Ho!

littlek
3rd Dec 2002, 16:53
Nice twist Yubetcha. I may meet you at the library.

Still gotta figure out who this man is that found me in the stables. Cannot decide if he is friend or foe. I had the idea that he could be Slyfoxx - feeling guilty.

So Sly, wanna join me to meet Speedy and Yubetcha at the library? I won't write you in unless you want me to. :D

littlek
6th Dec 2002, 01:34
What is so much fun with this LAG is that when I started writing my last entry, Lop Ear was not in my mind as the person standing in front of me. It just happened. So in my opinion, whoever healed the mare is not Lop Ear.....but maybe using rum to heal a wound would work. Anyhow, I still intend for the healer to be someone else but I have no idea who and so what. I see no need to develop another benign character.

Well I am either off to Cragscliff or someone can come to my rescue. I'd much rather be pilfering a warm and cozy library looking for clues about a treasure map. I just hope the treasure doesn't turn out to be a box of wooden cups.

yubetcha
6th Dec 2002, 13:10
We're glad that you could join us, Caradavin. Write to your heart's content. :)

Speedy[143]
6th Dec 2002, 19:59
And Slyfox is back too... Woo HooOOOOO!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

Caradavin1
7th Dec 2002, 18:31
I have never done anything like this before, so I will take it slow at first. If anyone wants to include me in something, go right ahead - I'm pretty flexible. I only get on the net 4-5 times a week. I'll prolly hang back at first to get the gist of how this goes, too. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

littlek
12th Dec 2002, 20:34
Yubetcha, LOL on Hooters :D Even a taffer needs a Hooters around.

Can you edit in some details
1. My hands are tied behind my back - you have them in front.
2. I said the mare I am on is small - small to me is 15 hands since my horses are BIG.

I can edit mine if you had something in mind because those are just minor details and I almost didn't bother mentioning them.

Is Slyfoxx still up that tree? I thought of meeting up with Caradavin in the stables - she could be the healer if it is OK with her and join us on the treasure hunt.

yubetcha
12th Dec 2002, 20:50
Yubetcha, LOL on Hooters :D Even a taffer needs a Hooters around.

Can you edit in some details
1. My hands are tied behind my back - you have them in front.
2. I said the mare I am on is small - small to me is 15 hands since my horses are BIG.

I can edit mine if you had something in mind because those are just minor details and I almost didn't bother mentioning them.

Is Slyfoxx still up that tree? I thought of meeting up with Caradavin in the stables - she could be the healer if it is OK with her and join us on the treasure hunt.

I can change mine no problem.
1. I just figured that your hands were in front, because it's hard for me to imagine anyone riding a galloping horse with their hands tied behind their back and staying on. At least with your hands in front, you could hold on to the horn.

I guess that Sly is still up the tree. I was wondering that myself. If he doesn't want to get eaten, he's still there LOL. I thought about writing that we saw him up ahead of us, but decided against it. I'm still not sure if we know exactly where the stables are, or if we need someone to follow. I have to check, but I'm sure that Speedy wrote that part of the address or directions were torn off. Which is good. It leaves the story open to more possibilities.
I thought of going to your stables and finding Caradavin myself to drag her kicking and screaming into the story. LOL! But if you want to find her, go ahead. You'll probably get to the stables before us anyway.

littlek
13th Dec 2002, 00:33
It IS hard to ride with your hands behind your back....I have had to do it when I took lessons from a masochist riding instructor.

I'll go 'pursuade' Caradavin to join us.....she seems a little hungry chewing on stale bread (littlek rummages in her pack for goodies, finds horse treats instead). Hope she is REAL hungry.

Now Sly has to hope that 'The Creature' cannot climb trees. (Sly shoots a rope arrow to the next tree and invisions himself as Tarzan).

Caradavin1
17th Dec 2002, 17:40
Horse treats??? Stale bread tastes better than that ;)

I'm fine with being a healer, its a bit ironic. Caradavin is a name I was given years ago by some D&D friends. I was a Cleric Mage with Healing Powers. It seems to come with the name. But I don't mind it at all. I am shy in person, actually, so dragging me out into the story is a good thing. Thank you. I don't know how fast I can keep up as I only have access to the net with public puters at school, and the campus shuts down from the 25th to the 5th of January, but I will do my best. If anyone wants to give me suggestions or the like, I'm open to them. Just think of me as a big newbie.

littlek
17th Dec 2002, 21:14
LOL Caradavin! Might want to rethink the stale bread vs horse treats. Horse treats are kinda like granola bars.

Well the intuition Gods were with me when I wrote you in as a shy healer. I hope you will join us on our treasure hunt - but we must first migrate to the library to figure out what that map Speedy is hoarding is trying to tell us.....:D

Don't worry about infrequent postings. We are just glad to have you contributing. I will be out of touch for 2 weeks after the 19th of Dec while enjoying Christmas Break as well. Hope to return to lots of LAG posts.;)

Speedy[143]
20th Dec 2002, 19:38
I'm no longer being notified via email that threads I've participated in have new posts:eek: :confused: :mad:

I noticed some time ago that there's no birthday announcements either... that's a bummer too... sooooooooo is it just me or have others found that they too are not being notified?????????

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
7th Jan 2003, 14:56
I haven't tried the notification thing yet in quite a few weeks. I'll have to try again, and let you know. Are you still having trouble?

When I first read the initial post from Zaccheus, it read as though he wanted to be an adversary, but I wasn't sure... maybe someone with something up his sleeve. So I wanted to keep that possibility open for him. A friend would be good, but a foe would be interesting too. I don't know why he would be a foe, though. Maybe for the treasure. But that's what it read like to me. He may have reasons unknown to us. I dunno. Anyway, whatever you want to do, Zac.

littlek
7th Jan 2003, 17:43
I too am ready to migrate to the library and leave 'ol Loppy to search in the gutters for me. What I want to know is what do Caradavin and Zaccheus want to do? Do we join forces or become adversaries?

Caradavin1
7th Jan 2003, 18:42
I think joining forces sounds like a good idea. I don't know who I'm whispering to, but I can't wait to find out :p

Anyway, yeah, I'll hike along on this treasure hunt - that is if you all trust me to. ;) I think I'll sit back for a post or two on the lag though to get a sense of how to contribute correctly.

littlek
9th Jan 2003, 14:57
I re-read the beginnings of the LAG and tried to put closure to the murder of the guard, except for the fact that the templar still thinks I did it and Loppy is still wanting the reward.

I had also forgotten that Slyfox was headed for the stables to find me after feeling guilty for setting me up. If my addition to the story line is not going to work, let me know.

yubetcha
9th Jan 2003, 15:47

I had also forgotten that Slyfox was headed for the stables to find me after feeling guilty for setting me up. If my addition to the story line is not going to work, let me know.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Feel free to change it, if you want, but maybe it will fit. Since Sly heard us discuss the map, maybe he'll want it for himself. Then again... maybe not :). Haven't heard from him in awhile. He's around here somewhere. I could've sworn that I saw him scamper through here.

Caradavin1
11th Jan 2003, 07:09
:p

littlek
13th Jan 2003, 20:29
Speedy - Glad to see you could make another post. Things have been slow lately.

Yubetcha - What is in the wagon? My first thought was one of those giant eggs.....oh man.....if it is......

yubetcha
14th Jan 2003, 13:02

Yubetcha - What is in the wagon? My first thought was one of those giant eggs.....oh man.....if it is......

We're glad you're back, Speedy. Now stay here, okay? :D

littlek: heh heh heh heh :D

Speedy[143]
14th Jan 2003, 18:12
Wasn't sure how soon I'd be back in here or online... my puter wouldn't boot after new years hubby thought I may have got a virus so he took my hd and hooked it up to his puter and ran a scan... no viruses.

The battery of diagnostic testsfound the problem was in my windows directory... corrupted sectors.. couldn't be fixed:(

So I got a belated christmas present when he ran to Best Buys and bought me a new hd while I thought about what I wanted to save heh.... I've never reformatted and my puter is almost 4 years old.. I was still using win98 and an old old version of icq.. not to mention a favorites list 100 feet long LOL actually it ended up that my email address book was the most difficult to find and retrieve but he did it. HE'S A GOD!!!!!!!!!

I finally went to bed about midnight and called down at 4am to make sure he was alright... he yelled back with "I've almost got TG completly installed:D NOW THAT'S true love hehehehehe....what a guy!!!! He spent over 13 hours the first day and countless hours since helping me get things back to normal around here.. well as close to normal as possible... We just finished tweeking my firewall so I could post again DOH!!! I'm using winxp pro now and icq2000a (damn popups on icq) where's a crack when you need one:rolleyes: It's gonna take some getting use to... oh well.. out with the old and in with the new:D right guys?!?!??!!

I'm glad to be back:cool: I hope everyone's New Year was special.

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

littlek
14th Jan 2003, 18:42
Can you clone your husband???? Glad you are back. :)

littlek
16th Jan 2003, 17:20
Fluffy???? :D :confused: :eek:

Caradavin1
17th Jan 2003, 23:09
LOL!

littlek
24th Jan 2003, 15:00
Nice input Caradavin. Hope your leg feels better Yubetcha but it should be of no surprise that I kick like a horse....if you look carefully, your bruise it may even resemble a horse shoe.

Speedy, I hope you have patience dealing with all this.

Caradavin - who do you want to be talking to? When we got in the library, I had you talking normally and only started talking to yourself again when troubled.

Have a question. How far does everyone want to go with this LAG? I get the feeling that only us four actually read it and that is OK with me. I truly enjoy this. But I feel like we have been abandoned on an ice flow.....sorry for the analogy but its really cold here in Indiana today. Any input?

yubetcha
24th Jan 2003, 16:42

Have a question. How far does everyone want to go with this LAG? I get the feeling that only us four actually read it and that is OK with me. I truly enjoy this. But I feel like we have been abandoned on an ice flow.....sorry for the analogy but its really cold here in Indiana today. Any input?

Sometimes I feel like we're the only ones on the whole planet. Have been feeling that for many weeks. And at least one person who said he would come back isn't. But I would hate to end it just after Caradavin started... especially after we said that we wanted people to join. So I see no problem with continuing for now. I'll go with the majority. If you guys want to quit or continue, I will too. I could go either way. But I confess, I think I would miss coming up with something or reading the posts of you three. :)

Speedy[143]
24th Jan 2003, 18:28
Yubetcha's song parody was AwEs0mE :cool:.... it seems littlek does some research (haunted libraries) as have I in the past prior to participating and that's not only enlightening but down right FUN.... Caradavin's taken the plunge late in the game and I applude that;) besides I believe my story telling abilities have improved:) Not my grammer or spelling but I'm working on it:D

TheBlackman started this LAG thread in June of 2002... it would be fun to keep it going for a whole year and certainly give us ample time to take the adventure to new heights and keep it interesting with a time in mind to wrap up all the lose ends.

My take on why there's only 4 of us posting now.....

Most peeps aren't being notified that there's been a new post (it happened to me but I got back on track and I'm getting an email when someone posts).

Thievery has caught the attention of several original contributors.

Life got in the way (happened to me for a while there) and the forum has slowed down overall a lot in the last 6 months.

Perhaps the biggest reason "Once there were many and now we are but a few...." have you LOOKED at the volume of this thread??!!!! It's become a mini series that would take a genius to read through, understand, and jump in without making some kind of mistake then be dragged off and tortured by the guards..... Picture if you will the double jump rope at recess.... remember trying to judge when to jump in and not get tangled in the ropes heheheheheh Of course we would be very understanding and gentle with any newcomer 'cuz this is all just for fun:p

So yeah.. I say keep it comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

Caradavin1
24th Jan 2003, 20:18
To answer your question, I don't know who I'm talking to. I didn't expect to be talking to myself when this started :) That's okay, though. I could be talking to otherworldly spirits or something like that. Or maybe I'm just a schizophrenic healer :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind either way if the lag continued or another one began or whatever. Though I have just started. I'll stick around either way. Right now, my computer went kaplooey, so I'm back at the public puters till I resolve the situation. :(

yubetcha
25th Jan 2003, 09:21
Any new people wouldn't really need to read the whole thing, as I see it. Perhaps the last 5 or so posts... just enough to get the gist of what is currently happening. It's like in life... anyone you meet for the first time doesn't know what's happened in your past.
So okay, where's that library, and why is it hidden? Perhaps we should answer that logically... maybe some very rare and expensive books, or maybe a tragedy at some time long ago... or anything else someone wants to come up with. :)

littlek
27th Jan 2003, 13:27
I was thinking that there could be a hidden room in the library - kinda like the haunted library in.....

(littlek pauses, "was it in thief 2 that there was a haunted library?...i think there were metal beasties running around outside....or were there.....pretty sure it was T2.....")

thief 2 but just can't think of the name of the level right now. Anyhow, that was what I had in mind.

Good point Speedy. Let's Rock On and show these haunts and whatever beasts we find in there that we are invincible.

yubetcha
27th Jan 2003, 15:47
I was thinking that there could be a hidden room in the library - kinda like the haunted library in.....

So the whole library isn't hidden? :confused: I thought it was. It was behind a door that was disguised as a wall in a basement and there was a hidden button that had to be pushed.

littlek
27th Jan 2003, 19:07
So the whole library isn't hidden? :confused:

Nope. When I wrote that part, I had thought that the Bodleian room had been sealed because it was so full of nasties. But our key to figuring out the map is in that room......guarded by all sorts of evil things. We just need to find the secret entrance to the room or figure out how to unseal it. Does that make sense?

yubetcha
27th Jan 2003, 20:22
Nope. When I wrote that part, I had thought that the Bodleian room had been sealed because it was so full of nasties. But our key to figuring out the map is in that room......guarded by all sorts of evil things. We just need to find the secret entrance to the room or figure out how to unseal it. Does that make sense?

No, not really. If the whole library wasn't hidden, why did we need to push a hidden button that opened a door that looked like a wall? The door led to a passageway that led to the library. It wasn't an obvious door, but a hidden one. It wasn't an obvious button, either (i.e. sticking out like a sore thumb and easy to find). Perhaps the library isn't hidden, but the passageway itself is. But then why would that be?
I guess that all I can say is to keep writing. Perhaps it'll become clear.

littlek
27th Jan 2003, 20:43
Perhaps the library isn't hidden, but the passageway itself is. But then why would that be?

How about this. The library is a building, accessable by all but the Bodleian room has been sealed and we found a secret passageway to get to it. Not so secret to Zaccheus though.

yubetcha
5th Feb 2003, 22:32
This is getting interesting. It's good, littlek, but I have a question that may be a slight problem. If you were drinking wine for hours, where were we and what were we doing all of that time? If it's hours later, surely we would've finished exploring upstairs or down, been back (in twenty minutes, remember) and gone somewhere else hours ago. But we haven't gotten to that yet. And besides that, if it's hours later, we would've come back for you before those hours passed. I was planning to, anyway. Okay, I'll say it. Actually, I was planning to come to you from above, and shoot a gas arrow at the rat, freeing you. But that's no problem. I can do something else. But what about my original questions? Any ideas? I have an idea, good or not. How about if you change it to minutes later, and the rat drugged your wine, hoping to find the map (although I don't know why a rat would need a map).

littlek
6th Feb 2003, 00:43
There you go with your detail oriented mind again. Engineers! But, good point. I'll make the changes. Is an hour too long? Heck I get drunk off 1 beer so for me, I'd be passing out after drinking wine for an hour.

I had the idea that the rat sent the haunt out to find you guys, the map and Zaccheus. Don't have too much fun without me while I sober up.

Also, should we make the rat friend or foe? It might be fun having the rat as an interpretor for the map but I could easily see it betraying us for the treasure. It does like games, expensive food and wine.

Now you started all this....your Alice tidbit made me think of 'Alice in Wonderland." :D

yubetcha
6th Feb 2003, 13:23
There you go with your detail oriented mind again. Engineers!

Someone has to keep you guys honest :D. And BTW, I'm not an engineer. Designer. Mechanical designer. But you're right, I am analytical and logical. Engineers have to go to school a few years longer. It's like the difference between an LPN and an RN, or a nurse and a doctor. More than you probably wanted to know. But I wouldn't want to be an engineer. Not here. Too much of working overtime without pay, too much pressure and stress etc etc etc. When I work overtime, it's with pay, and I can make almost as much as an engineer at this company.

But, good point. I'll make the changes. Is an hour too long? Heck I get drunk off 1 beer so for me, I'd be passing out after drinking wine for an hour.

Just a little too long. We need to be back at the stairs in twenty minutes. But you wouldn't have to be drunk. If the wine was drugged, it could be just a few minutes. But I'm open to ideas :).

I had the idea that the rat sent the haunt out to find you guys, the map and Zaccheus. Don't have too much fun without me while I sober up.

Also, should we make the rat friend or foe? It might be fun having the rat as an interpretor for the map but I could easily see it betraying us for the treasure. It does like games, expensive food and wine.

I agree about the betrayal... but I'm not sure why a rat would want treasure. Perhaps it'll materialize as we go along.

Now you started all this....your Alice tidbit made me think of 'Alice in Wonderland." :D
:confused: I wonder why it did that. Wonderland was the furthest thing from my mind. But now that you mention it, we could make this an alternate Universe, and the Mad Hatter could pop up :D. Please no :). I could change the name to someone else.

yubetcha
6th Feb 2003, 14:33
Okay, I see that you changed it to an hour. So I'll need to change my 20 minutes to an hour, which may be really too long, but so what.

littlek
6th Feb 2003, 14:49
we could make this an alternate Universe, and the Mad Hatter could pop up :D. Please no :). I could change the name to someone else.

.........Or someone’s gas arrow is leaking and we are all hallucinating! :D

yubetcha
6th Feb 2003, 18:10
.........Or someone’s gas arrow is leaking and we are all hallucinating! :D

Hmmm... sounds like we're back in the '60s

Okay, Speedy and Caradavin. Where are you? :)

littlek
7th Feb 2003, 18:47
Speedy....I see your name on the browser list......you can't hide.....time to post something......

Speedy[143]
7th Feb 2003, 18:47
The fan on my vid card is going out:( what a horrid noise it's making!!!!!!!!!

Opened the case and vacuumed everything... used air in a can to blow the fan clean, helped a little for a while. The sound actually hurts my ears heh I can only stand it long enough to read my email and type/print the most crucial of work related documents otherwise the puter is OFF.... I'm getting an early start on my Spring cleaning but I'd much rather be playing Thief FMs:p

I'm not sure if we'll be able to get a new card this weekend or not... I know what I'm getting for Valentines Day LOL:D

TFN :confused:

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

Speedy[143]
7th Feb 2003, 21:46
We posted at the same time hehehehheh

I wrote a tad to try and keep up with the storyline on my hubbys puter.... emailed it to myself.... turned my puter back on then cut and pasted it to the story so not to be left to far out in left field until I can get a new vidcard.

Thanks for being patient with me:)

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

Caradavin1
10th Feb 2003, 07:01
This is my first semester of Grad School, and I'm playing Vivian Bearing in Wit so my time has been extremely limited :( unfortunately. I haven't even touched my Lord Maguire FM. (*sniff**sniff*) But I'm here.

littlek
20th Feb 2003, 20:45
Yubetcha - I haven't forgotten about the LAG..... just been too busy this week, and I'll admit that I have been busy with Calendra's Cistern. But I think I can finish what I have already written this weekend and post it Sunday. Just have to decide what potion I drank. Glad you had a great time in Little Rock! :D

Caradavin - Ahhh grad school. What fun times. Glad I am out!

Caradavin1
24th Feb 2003, 23:52
...:rolleyes:

Caradavin1
5th Mar 2003, 07:50
No one's posting...:(

littlek
5th Mar 2003, 19:09
Just have not had the time to think anything up but I do need to engage in some LAG therapy - been really busy and stressed at work lately.

I am not sure what to do with you and Speedy. Can you get yourselves out from behind the wall and bookcase? I guess I could put Yubetcha in another precarious situation since he is not posting either. I think that rat would enjoy Yubetcha's sense of humor. Hmmmmm........ :D

Speedy[143]
5th Mar 2003, 22:28
I'm not being notified again when someone posts:confused:

I spent a great deal of time last weekend writing up a lengthy contribution and then lost it just before I posted.... I'm not sure what happened but I was upset enough to shut off my puter before I went ballistic... I know I hit save changes in word when the phone rang... went to fix dinner.... came back to copy and paste but it was gone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

I'll get out of there littlek.... I just have to find some time to type it all up again.... I've been sooooooooooooo busy!!!!!!

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

Caradavin1
5th Mar 2003, 23:01
I was thinking that when I fell down the hole, I could land smack dab on the others...:D

littlek
7th Mar 2003, 20:31
Sorry to keep you falling all this time Caradavin. Trying to find some time to write but work has me covered up.

I was thinking.......you could either fall on us or you could fall on that haunt I smeared chocolate on.....:D That could be interesting. Better yet, you could land on the rat and go for a wild ride. Oh geesh...I need a vacation. :eek:

Caradavin1
10th Mar 2003, 23:08
Sounds kinky.

I've fallen and I've gotten up. My arse smarts. I understand being swamped with life, I was fortunate to have a break which has ended. :D

littlek
14th Mar 2003, 14:36
Awesome addition Speedy.

I will be in and out due to vacation starting today but I'll try to get something written. Depends on the weather - if its nice, I'll be outside. If not, I'll write.

littlek
2nd Apr 2003, 02:01
I'm baaaack. The weather was great here in Indiana but spring break is over and so I have to get back into the work mode. Hopefully what I wrote will inspire someone to write and the LAG will live on. :D

Caradavin1
2nd Apr 2003, 04:27
Well, I had a cool addition, and I spent 10 minutes writing it, pushed submit and it asked for my password. I gave it, and it said no thread specified contact webmaster. I pushed back a couple of times to return to my post, and it was gone. So, maybe I'll write it tomorrow. I'm too frustrated right now.

yubetcha
2nd Apr 2003, 16:22
Work and life is slowing down slightly for me, so hopefully I will be back.

Speedy[143]
4th Apr 2003, 22:07
I'm still not being notified when someone posts:confused: I've tried unchecking the box then signing out and leaving, coming back and rechecking the box.. it worked once a long time ago but not since I tried fixing it again recently... frustrating:( *sigh*

I'll just check in daily (if I can) and keep up:D

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

littlek
8th Apr 2003, 13:56
Ooooh Yubetcha....spooky! That is a great addition to tie things together. Did you have anyone in mind as to the source of the scream? I think that I recall the LAG rule that we cannot write out a character. But Zaccheus has abandoned us and has not been writing anything. Should we just allow him to disappear?

The only other lose end that I can think of other than finding the map is the giant egg that was headed to my stable. Maybe we'll find that beast sitting on it. :D

yubetcha
8th Apr 2003, 14:28
Yeah, we're not supposed to write out a character, but what you said about Zac is true. He probably wouldn't care if he was disposed of. But with my luck, at some point in the future, he'll start writing again :D. I also thought that it could be a guard who happened by, or some other victim. Then I thought that we could just leave it open for now, and see what happens. Or one of you could write in a conclusion. As you can see, I don't care much one way or another :). I just thought I would write it in and see what develops, if anything.
Yeah, I thought about that egg, but I think it might have to wait until we get back to your stable... something in the wings, waiting for us when we get back, since we aren't at the stable right now. Something we aren't aware of until we get there.

The Shroud
9th Apr 2003, 19:16
Anyone mind if I join in? I've read over the rules regarding roleplay in the thread, and while I haven't finished reading the storyline up to the present date, I think I might be able to blend in well enough. Is there anything I might have missed which I should know about before posting?

Speedy[143]
9th Apr 2003, 21:36
Originally posted by The Shroud
Anyone mind if I join in?

Please do:) We'd be happy to have you join the story.... just reading through the whole thing will be a challenge heheheheh

My only suggestion is have fun:D

XXXOOO
Speedy;)

yubetcha
10th Apr 2003, 12:29
You wouldn't have to read the whole thing, Shroud. In real life, people come and go without knowing another person's whole history. But I would read maybe a couple of pages at minimum, just so you will write something that fits in with the storyline. But jump in anytime. Glad to have you. I can't think of anything that you need to know. But I'll probably think of it after I post this :).

littlek
10th Apr 2003, 17:40
ARGH - Yubetcha we submitted nearly at the same time. I am trying to think of a way to edit mine so that our stories jive. Any ideas?

Welcome Shroud! Jump in anytime, anyway. That is what is fun about the LAG.

yubetcha
10th Apr 2003, 17:47
You could edit so that I catch up with you. Or you could replace my name with someone else's. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Whichever is easier for you. :)

Caradavin1
10th Apr 2003, 19:51
I, ah, wanna submit, but I don't know who either of these guys are - does that matter or is this a make it up as we go along deal? Anyway, whichever works but if there is something I'll need to know just tell me. Fun! :)

theBlackman
10th Apr 2003, 20:11
Caradavin
"These guys" covers a lot of territory. The "characters" in this lengthy story are members of the Thief community from the "Original" EIDOS forums.

There have been a few "new" people like yourself who have joined the "game".

On the first page or two of this comment thread is a breakdown of the "rules" of engagement.

You could just scan the story from the beginning, (not read every post although it would help) and read samples to get an idea.

The Taffers Album has pics of some of the authors.

So "who" they are is immaterial. What and where and who in the story at present IS important.

So read a bit and jump in at some point you feel appropriate.

You could accidentally come across them in one of the sewers, or alleys or just by being near their current location.

Good luck.

EDIT
This is NOT a fanfic page. This is a multiauthor story.
Add to the existing story. Complete adventures written as complete adventures are not what this thread is for.

This is our "CHAOS CO-ORDINATED" department. Come on in the insanity is fine.

SLY

You MAY NOT KILL HIM. He is a character "Made by another Author" Read the first 5 or 6 posts in this thread about the "Rules of Engagement."

Only AI that are NOT critical to the story, such as the guard, and other incidental AI.

Main characters can only be "killed" with the permission of, or by the originator.

The rules are simple. Any and all members of the forum may post a continuation of the story.

You need not takeup the action started by another poster.

You may start a coincidental activity that may or may not directly merge with the main action, or a parallel action or story.

It is desired that the characters be mentioned as they interact with your storyline. But is not essential.

You may play yourself (forum name), as most of us do, or an alter ego. If the character you are writing about is an alter ego, be certain to so state so that YOU don't get mentioned in anothers post, and dragged into the play as yourself.

You may not kill the the author. It is also not a good idea to kill introduced "AI" unless they (like the guard that is lying in the alley) are merely decoration, or if you check with the author although forcing a sudden burst of imagination on the writer(s) can be fun.

You may take over another character briefly, provided both of you are in the same scenario. Or as bravus has done, continue the action started by the intial storyline, and character.

Do keep in mind that it sometimes is wise to consult with your co-conspirator, or the character you are about to steal, here, in the comment thread. They may have a plot in development. Allow freedom of plot, and action to remain with the author(s).

It is also a good idea to leave the portion you write a bit open. This is not a cast in stone principle, but if you end a seqment with options open for subsequent action, it's more fun and easier for the next contributor.

There are occassions when the above will not matter. But when in doubt. Check.

The parallel comments thread is a great idea and a necessity, and something I thought of suggesting independently when I saw how it would go!
Can I just add a further caution - this should probably be kept for comments on the *process* and possibly meta-story plotting stuff, but not for comments/critique on people's contributions to the story (however tempted we might be!) Yep, people will write things differently from how I would write them, and maybe even take the story in directions I hadn't imagined (and in the process toast a really cool direction I *had* imagined!) But the whole *point* of a shared story, IMNSHO, is the skill of improv: take what you're given and head off full speed ahead from there!

Having said all that, it makes sense if we can restrain ourselves to staying 'in world': while I love dada and surrealism, the arrival of aliens with a yen for probing in Garrett's world would make it veyr hard for the rest of us to continue having fun with the story.

These are all definitely IMOs, from someone who arrived here right on the tail of the original LAG and didn't really participate (IIRC).

Later,

Bravus

One more little thing. I should have put it in the "rules".
Try to keep "SIGS" and other tags out of the thread. As these have been known to grow to 200 or 300 entries, the less padding the better.

Remember. You, as the author, will know things that the Character you write in may not know.

As an example, GumDrop the Author, knows I am in the Burrick, and that I dumped the unconcious guard in the intersection.

Gumdrop the character does not. So until the character meets me, or another party, or is told the tale by someone, much of the action will not have an effect on them, nor will they be able to use the knowledge.

I know there is a Templar in town and that the body has been discovered. Now dead. The guy drinking in the Burrick does not know this.

Addenda I have a copy of the "cast of characters" from the original LAG, this includes AI and streets and locations.

It is not needed to author a line or a chapter, but may clear some confusion for those who weren't here for the first two (Konfessions and Like A Glove) when "we" use names of places and people that are not in the THIEF game series.

If you would like one, Email me and I will send you a ZIP of the original thread, and a Cast of Characters Doc.

Open notepad. write whatever you want, then copy paste into the thread. That way you won't post a paragraph or two and lose the sequence because someone else jumps in between.

Also you can have the forum up in a reduced window with the notepad also reduced and switch back and forth. Then when you have your note finished just post and close Notepad.

yubetcha
10th Apr 2003, 20:20
Originally posted by Caradavin1
I, ah, wanna submit, but I don't know who either of these guys are :)

I might submit if it won't hurt.
Anyway, I have edited mine. So don't bother littlek