PDA

View Full Version : Better game modes, bigger team-sizes

Space_Jam
24th Nov 2015, 21:41
Get your reading glasses out, because this game has pitiful amount of players and the game has been bleeding them since release.

Couple things to consider:

1) Adding an additional game mode which is more than 4v4

The 4v4 game mode "e-sports" model doesn't work for this game and its always had problems with leavers and game balance. This small ass community of <1k players will just continually get smaller and more elitist until they are forced sell the rights to the game or leave 1 server up in a dev's basement.

Fix:
Add a game mode that is 8v8, 10v10, or even more. Additional game modes that hold 16-20 players in a match will eliminate the leaver problem entirely. Because if one person leaves, you still have a large number of team mates to fill the gap until someone joins. It also gives the opportunity for more hectic gameplay and more game types/modes. Though of course there would have to be rebalances for health/damage on these game modes.

Honestly this game should have copied Team Fortress 2's model while still selling hats and skins. Good game concept and theme but poor implementation and match-making. Limiting the game to only 4v4 was silly. The whole "e-sports" thing is silly. This isn't League of Legends or Dota. Sure keep it cuz all the elitists are used to it, but judging by the small player base I think its safe to assume nobody finds the current game that fun.

2)More focus on better "objective" maps.

Or well just better maps entirely. The square/box feel to the game and the focus on Team Death Match (mostly because the community is so small) really limits this game. When you die in team death match its a pretty big deal and there will always be that one feeder that ruins the game. Again because its small 4v4 matches, you feel the effect of that feeder even more. In a bigger match with a higher score requirement or resource counter, you won't feel it as much. Also people will be tied up more in fights. Not to mention the "cool" factor towards the theme of the game as it will be more of a war-like feel between the humans and vampires.

Fix: Better spawn points, more FUN objective based maps where you really feel like you're defending against the vampires or taking out the humans supplies. This whole "drag the body" and flashpoint stuff is just senseless like TDM in that you just run around aimlessly on these maps doing 360 noSk0pez. You can tell the devs just threw it together last minute cuz THEY found it funny/silly while they were goofing around during production.

Where's the humans defending the villagers map? Where's poison the human's water supply map? Where's the actual MEANINGFUL and FUN objectives?

Running around flash point with random cap points that have no purpose to the lore or theme gets old fast. Also again, cuz of small community and lack of interest in this game, its hard to find matches that aren't TDM. So even more reason not to queue for Flashpoint/corpse mode.

The game had some good stuff going for it thematically and gameplay-wise, but the multiplayer implementation and limits on team size really killed it. Once again devs shooting themselves in the foot before the game even takes off.

If they plan to change any of this, GREAT. If not, well it was fun for the short time that it lasted. Rip.

kLauE187
24th Nov 2015, 22:09
10vs10 we star wars battlefront now lmao. rip balance. gl playing as vampire with this amount of players.

snejjjj
24th Nov 2015, 23:03
You have massiv laags playing 4on4. 10vs10 and your computer will explode.

In addition: http://steamcharts.com/app/200110 10vs10 -> bad idea

SonixSquad
24th Nov 2015, 23:49
Sorry but I left BF4 because of weapon spam. Contradictory to its nature, it just became about spam and camping spawns with enough players to always cover all exits. RIP tactics.

More players does not always equal more fun.

I dn't mean to sound elitist, just stating that one of the reasons I like this game is the 4v4/5v5 element which allows for tactics and sneaky gameplay.

Space_Jam
25th Nov 2015, 01:45
Sorry but I left BF4 because of weapon spam. Contradictory to its nature, it just became about spam and camping spawns with enough players to always cover all exits. RIP tactics.

More players does not always equal more fun.

I dn't mean to sound elitist, just stating that one of the reasons I like this game is the 4v4/5v5 element which allows for tactics and sneaky gameplay.

No, you are totally correct. They would have to spend time rebalancing the levels, making new maps, and optimizing/changing their coding to reduce internet and framerate lag.

But if they want to see this game go anywhere they're going to have to change it a lot. This whole "4v4 TDM" isn't selling very well. If people want e-sports they're going to go play Moba's which are much easier to produce, maintain, and balance. Also there's a bunch of better shooter games of all kinds out there that are much more popular than this.

They need some kind of catch to revitalize this game. At this rate its just going down the gutter slowly.

Making an entirely new game mode that includes more players and longer/continuous rounds that let players join and leave whenever will help. Also giving more "incentive" to stay the whole round. That or get rid of the "round" idea for future maps/modes so that you can play continuously in the struggle with the vamps/humans. And then just as you play you get rewards.

No butthurt, no rage, just fun and gaming. What a novel idea.

Ygdrasel
25th Nov 2015, 07:36
That or get rid of the "round" idea for future maps/modes so that you can play continuously in the struggle with the vamps/humans. And then just as you play you get rewards.

An endless round with rewards granted in intervals over time?

That sounds...Well, that sounds great. Though one imagines leavers would dampen the fun unless rapidly replaced.

And yes to objective maps. (Slightly relevant: CtB has never made sense from a lore perspective. Why capture poisoned bodies? Why poison them? Why make them explosive so they'll poison your own land? It's all nonsense. They ought to be fighting over Heart of Darkness relics or something.)

Heretic_13
25th Nov 2015, 09:30
Why capture poisoned bodies? Why poison them? Why make them explosive so they'll poison your own land? It's all nonsense.

Where did you get that- he talked about cutting humans water supply, which is common tactic during war- forces one side to surrender, because you can run around without food for 2-3 weeks, water shortage kills you in 3 days. It was utilized even when wars were about slaves
Yes yes and yes to all Space_Jam said. Glad someone shares my opinions on the matter. Glad someone cares enough for the game not to disappear.
I also don`t feel fighting a war between vampires and humans. Odd battle- 4vs4.
New maps, or bigger "old ones", new game modes- goal oriented rather just mindless slaughter. New mechanics, so it would be more fun and draw in new players. I don`t need to say anymore :) Space_Jam pretty much covered it all

Ygdrasel
25th Nov 2015, 09:48
Where did you get that- he talked about cutting humans water supply, which is common tactic during war- forces one side to surrender, because you can run around without food for 2-3 weeks, water shortage kills you in 3 days. It was utilized even when wars were about slaves

If you...Read...You'd see that I was talking about CtB mode, not that water supply thing. When Capture The Body was introduced, it was explained as humans poisoning corpses to hurt the vampire food supply, yet the corpses explode and spew their poison all over land the humans could use. It's always sounded really dumb as a war tactic, poisoning your own land, and it still bugs me. The example I gave being to replace the bodies with HoD relics (or hey, shards of the Nexus Stone? Humans wouldn't know the Reaver was gone...).

As for water supply poisoning, the current CtB could also just be swapped around with vamps trying to drag bodies to human water sources (but the maps don't have water, mostly! - Every game EVER uses specialized maps for Capture The Flag. Get with it, Nosgoth) rather than horde them for food. Corpse water's no good, after all. Three corpses dunked wins a round. Opposite side, humans have to poison the vamp food supply with black-blood corpses. Three corpses wins a round. No exploding nonsense. And it'd be an actual Capture The Flag mode, with both sides out to capture, not the fascimile that it currently is.

ParadoxicalOmen
25th Nov 2015, 10:54
An endless round with rewards granted in intervals over time?

That sounds...Well, that sounds great. Though one imagines leavers would dampen the fun unless rapidly replaced.

Great for xp too.

Op's first suggestion is quite interesting. Would definitely check it out if implemented.

Op's second suggestion, couldn't agree more. Although CTB and SIEGE are quite nice and fun, they seem too similar to death match.
I want a mode where you can actually interact with the map.
Like for example, if i'm a human defending a city, i would like to be able to use bells or some other defense mechanism against the vampires.
Also would be nice to have a fast scripted event, like having human models running around the attacked city...

Psyonix_Ryan
25th Nov 2015, 22:32
Hi Space_Jam,

We appreciate the feedback. Although we don't have any plans for a broader game mode at this time, we'll certainly pass the idea along.

Raptr0s
3rd Dec 2015, 22:06
10v10

10 scouts

10 Sentinels

Kill me now

ParadoxicalOmen
4th Dec 2015, 01:51
10v10

10 scouts

10 Sentinels

Wouldn't that be hilarious...just pure chaos. Would be fun as a non-competitive mode.
Although i'd prefer the Hoard* mode over this.

*Player coop vs many waves of AI

Raptr0s
4th Dec 2015, 02:20
I imagine two rows of 5 fully charged scouts with warbows countering a flock of Sentinels.

Nevermind I retract my previous statement 10v10 sounds like fun