PDA

View Full Version : i might start playing soon

dago
30th Jun 2002, 15:16
why should i?

what are the good things about this game???

Nightwalker
30th Jun 2002, 15:56
What are the good things about this game?? Oh, my, where to start?? It's the best game ever invented, if you like to do more than shoot things. It's immersive, addictive and totally awesome. The only way to understand is to try it. Many of us here have been playing Thief for well over 2 years and are still at it almost every day. Short forays are made to try other games out, but we always come back to Thief.

When you finish the original games and are totally addicted, there are well over 200 Fanmade Missions available for free download that you can play, as well, with more coming out all the time, so you never run out of things to play. The quality of some of the newer FMs is truly astounding and I'm sure the original creators of Thief had no idea some of this stuff could even be accomplished with the Dark Engine. There are also 2 HUGE FanMission packs in production that will hopefully be ready sometime this year. They each contain multiple missions that should be fantastic.

So, basically, load it up and try it out. It's the only way to find out for sure if you're one of the people who will find it truly amazing. I hope you do! :) Just remember, it's not meant to be played as a shooter and to truly appreciate it, you need to take the time to learn how to sneak and use the shadows to your best advantage.

dago
30th Jun 2002, 17:47
sounds kewl...i'll think about it... i need a new pc first...to enjoy the games fully!

LeatherMan
30th Jun 2002, 17:55
You've tried all of the other FPS games on the market and you are tired of the same thing over and over again. :mad:

You don't like AI that shoot on first sight because that isn't very realistic. :rolleyes:

You are tired of games that focus on "Eye Candy" over depth, immersion, and atmosphere. :(

You found a version of Thief in the bargain bin. :cool:

You are ready to experience the dreaded Sudden Heart Attack Syndrome that no other game can cause! :eek:

FAN MISSIONS!

But best of all, you wish to become a member of the best forum on the internet.

Welcome, dago!

Komag
30th Jun 2002, 18:06
Originally posted by dago
i need a new pc first...to enjoy the games fully!

Perhaps, but the Thief system requirements are relatively low at this point, so unless your system is older than something like a Pentium 2 300 or so then you're probably just fine to get started at least :)

dago
30th Jun 2002, 20:19
my pc will handle it...but i'll wait...then it will look a lot better, and run a lot better to!

i shouldn't be too long...oh yah, i also need the game b4 i can play it!

Peter_Smith
1st Jul 2002, 02:39
The game is very hard to find. I cannot find it in any on-line stores. I see it in e-bay. Good luck. It's worth the effort.:)

Zaccheus
2nd Jul 2002, 06:41
The best things about the game:
* The guards cannot see you if you stick to the shadows.
* The guards will hear you if you don't walk carefully.
* You have limited weapons, so you must stay undetected.
* The game has ambient background sound, like in movies, so that you sometimes feel safe and sometime get the idea that something terrible is just around the corner.
* You can pick up and use all kinds of objects which have no specific purpose and use them (for instance) to help you climb over a wall.

To see how much fun you can have with this game, check out:
http://www.thief-thecircle.com/guides/unusual/