PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 & Vanguard

Lavamancer
24th Nov 2015, 10:49
Hey guys,

So you're giving us this beautiful shield (thanks a lot, love the artwork & hope it'll be as good in-game) and here's a suggestion - why don't you get a few fixes for Vanguard so we could actually enjoy playing the class and bashing with that shield? :)

Here are my 5 cents:

1) Judgement - needs to be instant (so far you're getting eaten during the ~1sec cast time)
2) Judgement - needs to hit on different vertical layers (when vamp is on a box next to you or climbing the wall)
3) Judgement - move to 2nd tier (needs testing, might be OP)
3) Bulwark - in most cases vamps can still do 2+ hits while it's activated
5) Shield Bash should be hitting sentinels in flight if timed correctly
6) Talents need to be updated to have more distinct specialization - e.g. 25% more block should go along with 1 sec CD reduction to play as a "tank" ;

P.S. Would love to see that extra slot on all classes, something that could be human alternative to executions

Cheers,
Lava

ParadoxicalOmen
24th Nov 2015, 17:29
1) Judgement - needs to be instant (so far you're getting eaten during the ~1sec cast time)

Indeed. And if devs not like this, give it some sort of buff...it is now the worst of all 3 abilities imo.

2) Judgement - needs to hit on different vertical layers (when vamp is on a box next to you or climbing the wall)

This sounds reasonable.

3) Judgement - move to 2nd tier (needs testing, might be OP)

You mean it being with the buffing abilities (like Bulwark)?
Dunno, might be too much damage...and also have to consider a shield knockdown + Judgement combo etc.

3) Bulwark - in most cases vamps can still do 2+ hits while it's activated

This happened to me only in cases where i activated with a vampire right next to me. I assume it may be due to ping/lag (dunno if this is your case...)

5) Shield Bash should be hitting sentinels in flight if timed correctly

This sounds reasonable (it shouldn't prevent you from getting Abducted though). Does the same happen with Hunter's whip?

6) Talents need to be updated to have more distinct specialization - e.g. 25% more block should go along with 1 sec CD reduction to play as a "tank" ;

Not sure, this might be too good of a Talent...

P.S. Would love to see that extra slot on all classes, something that could be human alternative to executions

I thought these were what the "boasts" were all about, but it seems vampires have them too...hmm