PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY XIII - 2 What's your take?

BeastUnlocked
23rd Nov 2015, 12:19
Is it worth the money? I haven't played any previous version of this game. What you guys would suggest?

I don't mean any offense to the game or the company. Just need sincere advice. Thanks everyone! =)

moooka
24th Nov 2015, 09:47
I wouldn't recommend playing XIII-2 without finishing XIII. The game starts right after XIII ends (actually 3 years after, but it explains what happens right after XIII's ending).

If you insist on playing XIII-2 without XIII, I would highly suggest reading all of the story summaries of XIII available in XIII-2 main menu before starting to play XIII-2. It will give you a good idea about the story.

I noticed that some people who liked XIII don't like XIII-2, while others think it is much better than XIII. Personally I think it is better gameplay-wise, but not story-wise. Actually, I found it to be the most fun entry in the Lightning trilogy.

The main differences from XIII is that XIII-2 is all about time travelling. The area designs are definitely better than XIII's (which had mostly corridors). The battle system is improved a bit, it has a bunch of new features. There is also monster catching so your 3rd character in the party is the caught monster of your choice. It has a lot of puzzles. There are also many quests and varied, unlike the first where the quests are given very late and only about fighting specific monsters.

AndyLBallard
23rd Nov 2018, 09:37
It is totally worth getting this game.