PDA

View Full Version : Rise Has a Game Breaking Glitch

tristkiss
21st Nov 2015, 23:47
There is an element in the game that failed to load. Without it I can't progress, nor can I get back to a previous area to try and fast travel to a different area then come back to see if that fixes it.

It's when you try and rescue Jonah, and you start swinging your way down towards a base. You swing to this little shack, fall through the floor, there is a ramp there you're supposed to jump from and then grab a metal bar that swings you around. That is missing. I went through this area once and it was there, I made it to where you reach a campfire check point. And before I continued on I wanted to hunt for more collectibles so I fast traveled to other places. I ended up back at the beginning area of this level where you swim under the ice. I did notice that those scenes where Lara sees Jonah being tortured on that monitor in the map room played again, as if I hadn't already done that part. But everything played out the same as before, until I swung to that little shack, and now that hanging bar she has to grab onto isn't there. I can't swing back to the previous area, and I can't go forward, so I'm stuck.

I can't finish the game. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn't work. I'm at 72% complete, and it looks like the only way to fix this is to restart the game all over, which I don't want to do. This is something Crystal Dynamics needs to fix ASAP.

This completely killed the enjoyment for me. And right now, I feel like just putting this game away until they patch it, because I was taking my time trying to complete everything in this game, and I have no desire to restart and do it all again. :(

I forgot to mention that I'm playing on Xbox One, physical copy of the game, I'm playing the main campaign on hard mode.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 16:23
Hi, is there any chance you could post a screen shot or video clip?