PDA

View Full Version : FlipMaps

LeeO
30th Jun 2002, 12:41
For my game Lara Croft Tomb Raider and the Triangle of Light (in the level Tomb of Ten Thousand Shadows ) I tried to create a flipmap so that when Lara places the clock in the Puzzle Slot the Triangle Piece appears in the water beneath the planets that are moving around and around... But it didn't work... Can objects be made to appear in flipped rooms or have I just set it up wrongly?

Collin
30th Jun 2002, 12:51
As far as I know, you can only place static objects in a flipped room. But you could try to reverse it: start with the flipped room, and when you insert the puzzle piece you go to the normal room with the piece in the water. I haven't tried it though. :(

Good luck! :)

Mulf
30th Jun 2002, 12:58
That much is true: you can't place any animated objects in a flipped room.

However, contrary to popular belief you can make them appear in a flipped room no prob.

Simply place the anim object in the unflipped room and trigger it from the flipmap. In its OCB, press the 'Invisible' button to make it invisible until triggered.

This works fine with baddies. [Edit: Obviously, you don't need to make baddies 'invisible until triggered', this applies only to pickup items, waterfalls and such like.] It may work with a custom puzzle piece as well.

LeeO
30th Jun 2002, 12:58
Thanks!