PDA

View Full Version : [XBOX ONE] Game freezing and crashing same point - backup save wont help

Tzymische
21st Nov 2015, 16:26
Hi There,

Playing the campaign mode (21% game progress) - Xbox one, location Backup at Soviet Installation just after being rescued from the water by Jacob (before hitting the copper mines). Game freezes and crashes every time. Started at the beginning of copper mines - reverted to backup save. and above happening. uninstalled game - reinstalled game - played offline without patch and with patch. Same thing all the time.

Any idea ?

MeaganMarie
24th Nov 2015, 01:46
Hey there - sorry you're having trouble. Is there any chance you have access to another console and can try your game on it? That would rule out this being a hardware issue.

Tzymische
25th Nov 2015, 10:13
I don't at the moment - maybe later in the week -

HOWEVER - I'd find it extremely unlikely to be a hardware error reasons being:

1) Console is new only 3 weeks old
2) Just before TROTTR - I played and cleared or nearly cleared - Halo 5, AC:Syndicate, Witcher 3 - not a single issue not a single crash even with highly bugged game like AC.
3) I am playing Elite: Dangerous all the time and game didn't crash even once

I can't imagine hardware issue that would affect only one game. Its improbable if not impossible.

Regards
T.

Tzymische
1st Dec 2015, 13:20
Loaned Xbox one from friend - tried my saves - same thing. Save games are broken not the console.

Miacosa
13th Dec 2015, 07:44
Tzymische, not sure if you're still stuck. however, this happened to me as well and I was able to restore an older check point that enabled my save game to successfully load. At the main menu select LOAD GAME highlight the save and and then press both LT+RT this will swap to the Backup Save. This should be a close save point to where you were at before the save got corrupted. Hopefully this helps.

Tzymische
29th Dec 2015, 19:59
Thanks - but still happening. I did everything (short of getting new xbox one ) - spent 2h with Xbox support on it.
Happens every 10-20 minutes of the game - then I need to restart console, wipe ALL saves from the console - sync and can play another 10-20 minutes.
I use external hdd, reinstalled game several times - etc etc. etc.

Seems like SE support still tries to blame my console - but no other games are experiencing problems - just RottR.

Progressed a bitt though. Was crashing on about 20% now I am 35% - and Hey! - its so much fun I already played like 40h lol

Verdiii
31st Dec 2015, 16:14
Tzymische, not sure if you're still stuck. however, this happened to me as well and I was able to restore an older check point that enabled my save game to successfully load. At the main menu select LOAD GAME highlight the save and and then press both LT+RT this will swap to the Backup Save. This should be a close save point to where you were at before the save got corrupted. Hopefully this helps.

My save game broke yesterday at 19% (Campfire Gulag I believe). As soon as I try to load the game, I get thrown to the Xbox One Dashboard. Starting a new game is no problem, reinstalling did not work. Tried rebooting and several other things. Nothing.

Then I read you post using the Backup save I did't even knew existed. It worked, thank you!

Went down from 19% tot 16%, but still this saves me hours. Very nice!