PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox360]Pit of judgement tomb, can't push second cart [Under Investigation]

VTi001
21st Nov 2015, 05:14
Hi,

I'm at the pit of judgement and have got the second cart off the turn table and on to the tracks to be pushed down but it won't give me the option to press x to push, have tried everything but it just won't let me, someone else has had the same problem here - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805493-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/72834670

Hope you can find a fix :)

_LR8O_
21st Nov 2015, 21:18
if it has been pushed off the turn table and is stuck further down the track towards the stuff blocking the track it has to smash through then it sounds like a cut scene error as thats when the cut scene takes over and you watch it smash through the blockage and down to the door.

VTi001
21st Nov 2015, 23:18
No it is off the turntable and at the top of the track, I get behind the cart to push it but no icon comes up to be able to do so, I have watched walkthroughs of the tomb and it should come up and you push it down but it won't do that for me.

I restarted the 360 then I completed 10% more of the game and solved another tomb, came back to it after and it is still the same, very frustrating as I know what is supposed to happen but it just won't work.

_LR8O_
22nd Nov 2015, 12:34
so you have wound the turntable up to the top and its facing the right way when its up there? did it let you push it off the turntable then get stuck on the track?
if it let you push it off the turntable then it must be an error in the cut scene, if it wouldnt let you push it at all even from the turntable then it could be the track or the turn table is not lined up properly or the wrong way round, can you push it back??

VTi001
22nd Nov 2015, 21:49
I put the cart on the turntable and adjusted it an wound it to the top, then I put the cart at the top of the track but it won't give me the x button to push it down, it also won't let me push it on to the turntable again, it is just stuck at the top of the track.

MeaganMarie
24th Nov 2015, 01:58
We're looking into this. In the meantime, can you see if you can pull the cart rather than push it? Then see if the push prompt comes up after a few feet.

_LR8O_
24th Nov 2015, 12:10
im playing through the game on survivor and recently done this again and found i couldnt push it either the X only came up when i went to the other side of the cart so i had to pull it all the way, and further down the track lara says she should be on the other side :P so then i went and pushed it to cut scene, this was the first cart though, no problems with the second.

VTi001
26th Nov 2015, 10:34
We're looking into this. In the meantime, can you see if you can pull the cart rather than push it? Then see if the push prompt comes up after a few feet.

Thank you :)

Yes I have tried to pull and push the cart from both directions it is just stuck, an x icon comes up if I am on the back of the cart going down the tracks but it won't let me do anything.

VTi001
26th Nov 2015, 10:35
im playing through the game on survivor and recently done this again and found i couldnt push it either the X only came up when i went to the other side of the cart so i had to pull it all the way, and further down the track lara says she should be on the other side :P so then i went and pushed it to cut scene, this was the first cart though, no problems with the second.

Ya, is the second cart that won't move for me, first cart worked fine :)

bayerava
30th Nov 2015, 20:38
I have also experienced this problem. I only see the x icon show up on the lower side of the cart (closer to the wreckage) and it will not allow me to either push or pull the cart. I have rotated the lower turntable to the right position, since the cart glows yellow when I turn on survival instincts. I hope this gets resolved.

Sithlord81
1st Dec 2015, 20:05
I'm reposting this from this main forum in the hopes that someone will see it here faster... :)

I am really hoping someone can help me... I am playing RotTR on Xbox One and made the ill-advised decision to jump off the second platform (leading up to the second mine cart) in the optional tomb The Pit of Judgment to further explore the Tomb before I completed it.

Now, I cannot for the life of me see a way of getting back up to the platform -- all I can do is leave the Tomb, leaving it incomplete. The gap is too large to jump the broken mine cart rail platform (it disintegrated when the first mine cart was released), and Lara cannot climb any of the pillars. The only direction is back out... Is this a glitch? Did I lose the inability to finish this Tomb because of my incessant need to explore? This is so frustrating!

Please help!

Sithlord81
2nd Dec 2015, 18:04
Reloaded the backup save to redo the tomb, was able to complete it successfully. However, the problem will still remain for anyone else who makes the same mistake I did...

BigBadDom1984
15th Dec 2015, 11:05
Same problem here Im playing on Xbox360.
I have completed the game, tried to go back to this tomb several times.
Second cart is stuck and X is not appearing.
I have downloaded the patch yesterday and sadly it didn't fix the problem.
Are you still investigating this issue or do I have to start the game over again?
I can't get the achievement for all missions, tombs and medals...

Lucacentric28
15th Dec 2015, 18:14
I always had to go to the 'front' of the second cart and pull it off of the turntable, until I got a verbal cue from Lara to get out from in front of it. Then the interaction icon would appear behind the cart.

BigBadDom1984
15th Dec 2015, 19:23
Sorry, but it's not working. The cart is stuck. X appears in front of it but Lara can't push nor pull it.
I really hope that they actually are going to solve this problem. I usually wait with buying new games so they can fix all the bugs. I really wanted to play new TR but I think that I've learned my lesson. From now on I will always wait for the game to drop down in price before I buy it.

Thenhlisdead
17th Dec 2015, 20:14
In the pit of judgement after raising the 2ed rotating platform with the mine cart on it and pulling it out onto the tracks, I cannot push it down the tracks to smash the second gate, it won't let me push it back onto the rotating platform either. I've tried everything, watched videos online to make sure I was doing it correctly. Can't reload old save because the save was after the bug occurred please fix ! I cannot complete the tomb or side mission and I spent a lot of time trying to find all of the hidden items in the game. Xbox one

BigBadDom1984
18th Dec 2015, 12:01
So its not only 360 issue then. Wonder if they will repair it.

Thenhlisdead
22nd Dec 2015, 22:52
Thanks for looking into this, I can't pull the cart any further and can't push it back either, starting at the front of the cart won't promt x to allow me to push it down

Thenhlisdead
29th Dec 2015, 19:54

This is also happening on my Xbox one

Thenhlisdead
29th Dec 2015, 19:54
This is also happening on my Xbox one

colham
4th Jan 2016, 16:53
Hello,

I'm in the Pit of judgement tomb and at the part where I need to push the second cart. I have raised it on the turntables and pushed it onto the top of the upper tracks. However, after pulling it, Lara says it needs to be pushed but the cart becomes unusables and does not give the option to press X to push, it also no longer appears yellow in Survival Instincts. It really frustrating as I can't complete 100% without this.

BenjaminSisko
5th Jan 2016, 16:06
Hello,

I'm in the Pit of judgement tomb and at the part where I need to push the second cart. I have raised it on the turntables and pushed it onto the top of the upper tracks. However, after pulling it, Lara says it needs to be pushed but the cart becomes unusables and does not give the option to press X to push, it also no longer appears yellow in Survival Instincts. It really frustrating as I can't complete 100% without this.

I had this issue on 1 of my play through's, I was unable to push the cart off the turn table onto the tracks. I resolved it by rotating the cart on the turn table 180 degrees so that the opposite end of the cart was facing the tracks.

It then let me push it and complete the tomb.

Also on the turn table there are bumpers that raise up and down as the table is rotated, make sure the bumpers have lowered or they will block the cart from being pushed onto the tracks. (only the bumpers on 1 side of the turn table raise and lower) if the wrong end is facing the tracks the cart won't move.

colham
6th Jan 2016, 10:28
I had this issue on 1 of my play through's, I was unable to push the cart off the turn table onto the tracks. I resolved it by rotating the cart on the turn table 180 degrees so that the opposite end of the cart was facing the tracks.

It then let me push it and complete the tomb.

Also on the turn table there are bumpers that raise up and down as the table is rotated, make sure the bumpers have lowered or they will block the cart from being pushed onto the tracks. (only the bumpers on 1 side of the turn table raise and lower) if the wrong end is facing the tracks the cart won't move.

I already have the cart off the turn table. I was able to pull it off the turntable when it was raised onto the tracks, but then Lara says something about needed to push it so it doesn't run her over. But after that the cart becomes unusable, can't push or pull it and it doesn't appear interactable (Yellow) in survival instincts.

BenjaminSisko
6th Jan 2016, 11:26
not 100%, but i think the issue lies in that the carts interact (X) only works on 1 end of the cart, so the cart needs to be facing the tracks the right way so it can be pushed down, in my case i rotated the cart 180 degrees on the turntable to solve the issue.

In your case you've pulled the cart of the turn table and got it stuck, since the game expects you to push the cart, not pull it.
since the game now thinks the cart has now been sent flying down the tracks, there is no further need to interact with the cart.

I dunno if the interact was intended to be only availlable from 1 end of the cart as part of the puzzle, or an oversight, but at least the QA are aware of the issue and will get it fixed.

colham
7th Jan 2016, 11:23
In your case you've pulled the cart of the turn table and got it stuck, since the game expects you to push the cart, not pull it.
since the game now thinks the cart has now been sent flying down the tracks, there is no further need to interact with the cart.

Bingo, I think this is exactly what's happening! Hopefull it's fixed soon so I can get 100% completion!

colham
18th Jan 2016, 10:48
Any update on this?

colham
29th Jan 2016, 09:41
Has this been updated in Patch 3?

Croft1
24th Feb 2016, 20:16
Just wondering about an update to this. It's been a couple of months now and haven't seen any recent responses from the SE team here. Since this bug fix wasn't included in the last game update, would love to know what the progress of this is?

colham
29th Feb 2016, 10:48
Yeah its concerning as there's been no mention of it, and it hasn't appeared in the master bug list yet. It's a seriosu gltch affecting many people. I've stopped playing as it means I can't complete it 100%

colham
9th Mar 2016, 10:12
Once again I'll ask if there is any update to this?

Trilideus
11th May 2016, 18:35
Any update on this? I have the same glitch, even made a silly account on this website so I could comment here.

My game has been stuck in that tomb for about 2 months now.

Trilideus
11th May 2016, 18:37

This doesnt work. The cart is glitched and will not move. Any update on this?

colham
20th Jun 2016, 08:58
This doesnt work. The cart is glitched and will not move. Any update on this?

I've been waiting for an update since December, they don't seem to care.

DedasPower
27th Aug 2016, 20:42
Hi,

I'm at the pit of judgement and have got the second cart off the turn table and on to the tracks to be pushed down but it won't give me the option to press x to push, have tried everything but it just won't let me, someone else has had the same problem here - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805493-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/72834670

Hope you can find a fix :)

I had the exact same problem... x was showing on two sides but couldnt push, she prepared to push but then she would just release it like it was too heavy... then i solved it accidentaly... i press x and i wait... after 1 or 2 seconds i start pushing and it worked!!! turns out i had to wait a bit... turns out i was pressing x and imediatly pushing and it wasnt working like that... then i press x and wait,then push and it works... xD hope it works for you guys!

dddsdadsaddsdasda
10th Aug 2017, 21:46
I'm reposting this from this main forum in the hopes that someone will see it here faster... :)

I am really hoping someone can help me... I am playing RotTR on Xbox One and made the ill-advised decision to jump off the second platform (leading up to the second mine cart) in the optional tomb The Pit of Judgment to further explore the Tomb before I completed it.

Now, I cannot for the life of me see a way of getting back up to the platform -- all I can do is leave the Tomb, leaving it incomplete. The gap is too large to jump the broken mine cart rail platform (it disintegrated when the first mine cart was released), and Lara cannot climb any of the pillars. The only direction is back out... Is this a glitch? Did I lose the inability to finish this Tomb because of my incessant need to explore? This is so frustrating!

Please help!
You can graple jump

dddsdadsaddsdasda
10th Aug 2017, 21:49
So its not only 360 issue then. Wonder if they will repair it.

I have a ps4 PRO and encounter the same issue with the second cart as everyone else. It must mean it is a game bug.

d20ace
15th Aug 2017, 10:06
Got the problem, my 1st playthrough. I presume this has not been fixed then!!!

dddsdadsaddsdasda
16th Sep 2017, 07:01
I had the exact same problem... x was showing on two sides but couldnt push, she prepared to push but then she would just release it like it was too heavy... then i solved it accidentaly... i press x and i wait... after 1 or 2 seconds i start pushing and it worked!!! turns out i had to wait a bit... turns out i was pressing x and imediatly pushing and it wasnt working like that... then i press x and wait,then push and it works... xD hope it works for you guys!

On PS PRO you can only push/pull from the bottom of cart. Tried what you said..did not work!! Any other ideeas?

andre_selem
12th Oct 2017, 21:51
guyyyys I solved it!
I turned camera to the left so I had to move to the RIGHT, not FRONT, to pull the cart! worked perfectly fine, I almost saw bonfires c: