PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox 360] Minor Bugs, Part 1

Relight-TRHQ
20th Nov 2015, 00:20
I've just started playing on 360.

I do have some minor bugs to report. And I decided the best way to voice my opinion on some key issues was to try to sneak that feedback in here as well :)

1) The main menu environment seems to be jagged edges everywhere and just doesn't look great. As soon as I got into the game, everything looked really good, so I don't know what's up with the menu environment. Maybe that menu environment - especially since it shouldn't be very intensive - could be tweaked and improved?

2) At the very beginning of the game, if you rotate the camera around Lara right away, before the camera settles in to a medium-close distance, you can get the camera to clip underneath the path in front of her. I failed to get a good video of this.

3) Also at the very beginning, the snow piles up in mid-air, when it should be falling off the cliff, not piling up.

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/sharedassets/rise-bugs/rise-002-snow-doesn't-fall-off.mp4

4) Jumping off this cliff, Lara falls through a rock outcrop.

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/sharedassets/rise-bugs/rise-001-lara-falls-through-stone-outcrop.mp4

5) I have no idea why Lara dies here. She just suddenly gets knocked over by... nothing? Did whatever kills her get optimized and removed for the 360 version? :p

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/sharedassets/rise-bugs/rise-003-lara-killed-by-nothing.mp4

6) Immediately after climbing in here, rotate around Lara, and you see this light going on and off depending on your rotate angle.

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/sharedassets/rise-bugs/rise-004-light-on-light-off.mp4

7) I understand having tutorial functions to introduce the game at the start. But even in this mountain introduction sequence, one easily spots the climbable wall, and finds the pop-up annoying. Or a bit later on, there are still pop-ups telling me to use the Left Stick, or reminding me to use X (in a quick-time fashion) when I'm swinging from a ledge. I don't think I'm alone in this - I would definitely prefer an option to turn tutorials and hints off completely. I have no problem that you want to give this to people who didn't play the reboot, or are slower learners, or who need a refresher. But I'm all about giving players the choice. Just give us an option to turn off everything to do with tutorials.

8) There is an actual "bug" in this one - I'm glad to see some Survival Instinct options in the options... but please have an option to turn off this atrocity completely. White ledges are bad enough - I don't want to see the pop-up prompts that tell me to activate Survival Instinct! I'm just enjoying the atmosphere and exploring at my own pace, and the pop-up is constantly appearing, nagging me to use something I don't want to use. Inside Prophet's Tomb, it's aggravating beyond belief. I'm not here to rush through this and follow hints. Please give more attention to long-time gamers who feel very strongly about this matter. You don't have to eliminate it if you feel that some gamers really need it. Just make it an option that we can turn off entirely, that's all we're asking for!

And here's the "bug" - when I turn off Objective Beacons in the options, I shouldn't get the pop-up that tells me to activate SI to see beacons!

Lastly, in regards to pop-ups, when they happen, I much prefer timed pop-ups (disappears after 3 seconds) instead of position pop-ups - the pop-up appears no matter what every time you go to a certain spot in the environment. For example, this beacon pop-up in the Prophet's Tomb. It's super annoying for taking screenshots or gameplay videos.

9) Just a comment. At E3 I was pretty happy with the way that white ledges looked, there was a lot of detail that made them blend into the environment more naturally. But as I look at them now, they're not as subtle as I had hoped. Perhaps part of it is the less detail on the 360. As with my two previous suggestions... I really you think could easily have a menu option to turn off these textures.

For all three suggestions for "make it optional," I would only caution NOT to tie it into difficulty settings, but make sure it's separate. A lot of difficulty is in combat, and someone who wants an easier or normal level of difficulty of combat may still want to turn all these "hints" and "helpers" off in order to have a "harder" puzzle experience.

Really loving the game from the 11% I've had the chance to play so far. I just hate survival instinct, because in my opinion, it's one of the ultimate representations of dumbing down games.

Tihocan
20th Nov 2015, 04:19
1) The main menu environment seems to be jagged edges everywhere and just doesn't look great. As soon as I got into the game, everything looked really good, so I don't know what's up with the menu environment. Maybe that menu environment - especially since it shouldn't be very intensive - could be tweaked and improved?
I'll second this. I was a bit concerned about the graphics when this came up (though, like Relight said, the game visuals are a notch above).

6) Immediately after climbing in here, rotate around Lara, and you see this light going on and off depending on your rotate angle.
I get a lot of strange lighting, depending on where the camera is. e.g. in the Baths, there's a corner where the water goes completely white with light, then almost dark when spun around.

7) I understand having tutorial functions to introduce the game at the start. But even in this mountain introduction sequence, one easily spots the climbable wall, and finds the pop-up annoying. Or a bit later on, there are still pop-ups telling me to use the Left Stick, or reminding me to use X (in a quick-time fashion) when I'm swinging from a ledge. I don't think I'm alone in this - I would definitely prefer an option to turn tutorials and hints off completely. I have no problem that you want to give this to people who didn't play the reboot, or are slower learners, or who need a refresher. But I'm all about giving players the choice. Just give us an option to turn off everything to do with tutorials.

+1.

9) Just a comment. At E3 I was pretty happy with the way that white ledges looked, there was a lot of detail that made them blend into the environment more naturally. But as I look at them now, they're not as subtle as I had hoped. Perhaps part of it is the less detail on the 360. As with my two previous suggestions... I really you think could easily have a menu option to turn off these textures.

For all three suggestions for "make it optional," I would only caution NOT to tie it into difficulty settings, but make sure it's separate. A lot of difficulty is in combat, and someone who wants an easier or normal level of difficulty of combat may still want to turn all these "hints" and "helpers" off in order to have a "harder" puzzle experience.
+1
Some of those walls are way too obvious, and make you wonder if there's someone whose graffiti tag is to scratch the heck out of walls...

Really loving the game from the 11% I've had the chance to play so far. I just hate survival instinct, because in my opinion, it's one of the ultimate representations of dumbing down games.
I use it a lot when finding the little caches and stuff, and in stealth combat, but refuse to activate it in puzzle challenges. :)

Tecstar70
20th Nov 2015, 07:43
I think the white ledges in a lot of places are very subtle, but in others too obvious so I am a little confused as to why this is inconsistent.