PDA

View Full Version : Can't complete Chamber of Exorcism optional tomb [Under Investigation]

sayzee
19th Nov 2015, 21:04
playing on xbone, and have finished main campaign. I was trying to solve the exorcism tomb when my screen went bonkers for about 10 seconds, when it returned to normal the contraption you use to smash the gate has vanished, so cant complete this tomb. I saw that someone else has had this problem.Anyone else have this clitch.... Is there a fix for it ? cheers! sayzee

Tecstar70
19th Nov 2015, 21:06
Have you tried loading your backup save?

sayzee
19th Nov 2015, 21:11
yeah I had a save just before I went into that area...but still no contraption

BloodyChaton
20th Nov 2015, 12:02
[Xbox one] : Pulled the cage with the mechanism without cutting the rope at its bottom ; Lara says it is blocked ; pulled a second time still without cutting the rope : cage bumps in the air (it should not), pulling machine went berserk, going all over the place (making explosions happen don't change anything). So I imagine it is a problem with physics. At some point I even found myself going un der the floor (!). Had to restart. Going back there : the pulling mechanism and the cage are not there anymore and the door is not broken (of course). So I can't complete the tomb , can't finish the game, can't get the success etc. please find a way to fix the bug and to reset the tomb for people having the same troubles.

a_big_house
20th Nov 2015, 12:39
Interestingly, I've not had this bug, however when I died in this tomb, the sound cut out and wouldn't work afterwards...

sayzee
21st Nov 2015, 13:10
playing on xbone, and have finished main campaign. I was trying to solve the exorcism tomb when my screen went bonkers for about 10 seconds, when it returned to normal the contraption you use to smash the gate has vanished, so cant complete this tomb. I saw that someone else has had this problem.Anyone else have this clitch.... Is there a fix for it ? cheers! sayzee this is what happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llH2HyIpk7Y

Birdwing12
21st Nov 2015, 19:14
Hello,

i have all optional Tombs but last Tomb, Chamber of Exorcism is a terrible BUG,
i have shot an arrow to the Rope and the cage and everything else has disappeared!

No new loading Game or BackPoint works -> no 100% or Archievment possible!

And i am not alone, here is a link i found on YouTube:

"Rise of The Tomb Raider BUG ! Amazing BUG"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=llH2HyIpk7Y

The Game is PreOrder Download from Store with Seasonpass.

Please make possible after Story Ends the Tomb works, thanks :)

F3nch0
21st Nov 2015, 23:59
Why, hello!

While this is not game breaking bug I wish to reach 100%. My Rise of the Tomb Raider came with the XboxOne (pretty much the reason I bought the XboxOne).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKj5QHomfWA <-- video

The crane dissapeared after fudging up* a bit with it (not in the video). First it started to shake and hit the two levers randomly. I reseted the system twice and then the crane dissapeared.

*Fudging up: Tried to raise the cage by breaking the small doors locking it. After a while of rotating the control stick the cage appeared up, above the floor level and then merged into the water again. Then it started shaking and moving randomly on its axis. If pull both levers and the water drains, there's a propmpt on the floor to break the safe that's holding the cage. If I break it still nothing happens.

Thanks!

angelotblond
22nd Nov 2015, 00:22
I have the same bug!
I can't have the 100%... Help!!

SofaTrooper
22nd Nov 2015, 15:08
Me too can not complete the tomb stupid bug

SofaTrooper
22nd Nov 2015, 15:12
Yeah I have this bug it seems the only way to fix is to restart a new game make sure you save into different profiles. Or better yet they might fix the issue.

ffs944
22nd Nov 2015, 15:20
This has also broken my game and preventing completion of the tomb. Pretty disappointed to have worked so close to 100% and now it's unachievable. Boo!

I was able to (accidentally, as it now comes to light) pull the cage out from under the grates whilst it was still anchored to the floor underwater, simply by continuing to turn the crank. The contraption then went crazy, pretty much exactly as in the posted video. It's now completely absent from the room. Permanently. My last resort will be to uninstall and reinstall the game, but I'm not even sure this will fix it.

I understand there are priorities for bug fixes, but as this one is a game breaker, I'd like to think that it will at least be taken seriously :)

ffs944
22nd Nov 2015, 18:38
For reference this is the same bug being reported in the Chamber of Exorcism tomb. The area (base camp) is the Geothermal Cavern, within The Lost City, but the tomb mechanism which is broken (for some of us) is the Chamber of Exorcism.

Jricci
23rd Nov 2015, 02:02
I also encountered this bug. Unable to complete the tomb because the swinging device has disappeared. Please fix soon, I would like to play 100% of the game and am not able to do so in its current state.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 07:56
Hi all, the support team are monitoring posts here but aren't always able to update them immediately. Give them time to start looking at te bug and respond back here. I am sure they will do so asap.

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 16:21
Thanks all. The main thread for this issue is HERE (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183621)

MeaganMarie
24th Nov 2015, 01:56
We're looking into this!

MeaganMarie
24th Nov 2015, 20:34
Hello there - we could use a few more details from those who have encountered this bug in order to try and reproduce/fix it.

Before firing the grapple arrow at the mechanism:

Did you interact with the small levers on the wall prior to firing the grapple arrow?

Did you partially-solved the puzzle then depart either on-foot or via fast travel at the nearest base camp?

How did you access the challenge tomb? Did you enter, discover the base camp, then fast travel out of the tomb to another base camp and then back again?

Was there any gameplay in-between entering the tomb, say by entering, interacting with some of the elements, then leaving the tomb, making main campaign progress, then returning (either on foot or via fast travel to the base camp)?

Thank you!

F3nch0
25th Nov 2015, 01:52
Did you interact with the small levers on the wall prior to firing the grapple arrow?

Yes. First tried each lever one at a time. Waited for the bucket to rise and then tried the other lever. Second pulled one lever and immediatly the other lever. Then shot a fire arrow for the lulz and exploded.

Did you partially-solved the puzzle then depart either on-foot or via fast travel at the nearest base camp?

Nope. After my first attempt and death tried to crack the trap doors by moving the cage up and down several times. The cage appeared above ground level for a few seconds and descended slowly into the water. Pulled the crane and started to glitch. Left the game, walked again into the chamber and pulled crane one more time: glitched again. Left the game, turned off console, turned on console, loaded game, walked into chamber and crane was gone.

How did you access the challenge tomb? Did you enter, discover the base camp, then fast travel out of the tomb to another base camp and then back again?

Walking. Left only after the crane vanished.

Was there any gameplay in-between entering the tomb, say by entering, interacting with some of the elements, then leaving the tomb, making main campaign progress, then returning (either on foot or via fast travel to the base camp)?

No.

Thanks!

Jricci
25th Nov 2015, 01:52
Did you interact with the small levers on the wall prior to firing the grapple arrow? No
Did you partially-solved the puzzle then depart either on-foot or via fast travel at the nearest base camp? Yes
How did you access the challenge tomb? Did you enter, discover the base camp, then fast travel out of the tomb to another base camp and then back again? Possibly, can't recall exactly.
Was there any gameplay in-between entering the tomb, say by entering, interacting with some of the elements, then leaving the tomb, making main campaign progress, then returning (either on foot or via fast travel to the base camp)? Yes.

Birdwing12
25th Nov 2015, 20:45

Yes, everything several times, but i make no fire.
Then I shot the machine, I pulled it ...and then it's gone. :(

No. In space in front of it I've got the secret, then I went in and tried to solve the riddle.
But at poison air I died at the beginning :whistle:

How did you access the challenge tomb? Did you enter, discover the base camp,
then fast travel out of the tomb to another base camp and then back again?

I fought my way through the city before, then I discovered the entrance.
When the bear, I died first. Then I entered.

No

BangsMcgee14
27th Nov 2015, 21:30
Digital copy first playthrough campaign finished last tomb. Not an expedition. Came to the buckets and blew myself up after activating both quickly. When i revived the crane spazzed out and took to the ceiling in heavy glitchy fashion never to be seen again. Tried dying again hoping it would come back. Nope. Reloaded the checkpoint. Nope. Went to camp and fast travelled away and back. Nope. Went to the main menu and reloaded the save. Nope. Went to the home screen and quit the game entirely and booted it back up. Nothing. If there could be a patch for this soon the completionist insde me might be satisfied. Still new to this forum so anything else that is needed let me know. I have a picture on my phone of the crane gone I just cant find a insert file option

Driber
29th Nov 2015, 11:04
I have a picture on my phone of the crane gone I just cant find a insert file option

We don't allow files to be uploaded directly to the forum server. You can try using www.imgur.com (http://www.imgur.com)

If that doesn't work for you, let me know and we'll find a different way :)

Birdwing12
30th Nov 2015, 22:13
I hope the progress of Game Breaking BUG fix is good :)

There is no entry in Master Bug List?

Tecstar70
30th Nov 2015, 22:18
I hope the progress of Game Breaking BUG fix is good :)

There is no entry in Master Bug List?

There is now! Thanks for posting. :)

F3nch0
1st Dec 2015, 01:43
Any news on this? My brother (with his own Xbox account and save file) resolved this one without fudging up and could get the skill.

Mathew96
10th Dec 2015, 19:22
When I was in the tomb the crane disappeared when trying to using the crane. After I reset the checkpoint the crane will do some glitch and disappear on its own.

Tecstar70
10th Dec 2015, 19:39
I take it you mean this:

llH2HyIpk7Y

Raetsel2
12th Dec 2015, 17:56
I also had the problem with the crane disappearing, nothing would bring it back. I installed patch#2 and thought I would give it another go. The crane was still missing so I pulled both leavers and when the water had drained I went to where the cage should be and I got the blue X so I interacted with it and Laura says 'that should do it' went back out of the water trough fired arrows to pull both leavers and fired a fire arrow, the explosion killed Laura but when the scene re set the crane was back. I could then complete the tomb. So patch #2 has fixed something for me.

Birdwing12
14th Dec 2015, 18:28
Hello,

yeah, after Laras death, the machine is back, thanks :)

Greetings

F3nch0
16th Dec 2015, 02:53
Yes, it worked for me too. I was in the room and decided to reload the checkpoint. The crane appeared and then I solved it. Thanks!

sayzee
16th Dec 2015, 14:29
yay!! got Lara to die by blowing her up when she came to the crane appeared and I could finish raiding the tomb......onwards and upwards for that 100% :)

WirelessMaXoR
10th Jan 2016, 10:30
Hello,

For version XONE: There is a fairly significant BUG in a tomb at the location: The Lost City.
Part of puzzles to solve in this place: crane and hanging cage. If we do it in the wrong order
a crane can just disappear then it is not possible to open the tomb. Restarting the game
(or change of location in the game) in this case does not help.

Screenshots - no crane:
http://1drv.ms/1XgQ0Ct
http://1drv.ms/1liBrwP

Thanks.