PDA

View Full Version : Magic Tombraider

AngieCroft
30th Jun 2002, 09:00
Was there a moment in your life (since you know tombraider), when you thought: "There must be magic behind"?
Did tombraider sometimes touch your heart in an magical way?

Bidy
1st Jul 2002, 01:20
No I don't think so. Tomb Raider isn't a magical thing. Except in TR5 I did think for awhile Zip was going to marry Lara. I thought that was magical... Don't ask me why. ;)

moose562
3rd Jul 2002, 21:57
Yeah, TR did touch me - I loved it so much! Still do! Although the Angkor Wat levels stink - I hate not being able to shut Von Croy up! lol:cool:

FoxyKat
4th Jul 2002, 05:49
uh yea, when she blows up things and/or kill the boss. I feel a tear come to my eye and i'm filled with such joy!

Slave 4 Her
4th Jul 2002, 05:52
Me too, i see Lara as my daughter, whenever she slaughters a dino or explodes a giant spider....i just think "Oh thats my Lara".....one in a million she is :).

thanhkim
4th Jul 2002, 09:24
Our Lara one a million and magic! Like an angel. Tombraider has always touched my heart cause I'm impressed with the way Core makes it that you feel for the character and care for the character I don't know of any other computer game that does that but that's so cool. Love the whole look of the game and feeling of it. Reference to old games cause AOD isn't out boo hoo....

DaveJ
4th Jul 2002, 18:45
It is magic.

It makes ones life disappear.

*poof*

DKSM
4th Jul 2002, 19:00
Originally posted by DaveJ

It makes ones life disappear.

Yea, love life. ;)

AngieCroft
4th Jul 2002, 19:33
Ok i see, the magic for the most people is lara and not tombraider - the game :D

cowboy from hell
4th Jul 2002, 20:15
For me there is something about TR that most games do not have and I don't know what it is. It's as if the room in the air even changes when I play. Another fact, for me, is that there would be no TR without Lara and no Lara without the gameplay style that TR posseses. Call it magic or what you will but Core has stumbled onto a style, in some primal way, of game play that touches many people. I'm hooked for life!

Aquarius
4th Jul 2002, 20:23
Originally posted by Bidy
No I don't think so. Tomb Raider isn't a magical thing. Except in TR5 I did think for awhile Zip was going to marry Lara. I thought that was magical... Don't ask me why. ;)

Speaking of Zip, did anyone else think that he was "special"? lol All I can say is that the lisp really bugged me!!

thanhkim
9th Jul 2002, 22:46
Lara is magic and now thinking it over I would have to say the game is so great! Can't wait till AOD, my only concern cause I had
a nightmare last night where Lara shot everyone even people in the street and little kids and all is that it keeps our sweet Lara we know and love character speaking. She is the same funny Lara we know of, too much darkness in her personality can make her a nasty girl. But as Core says it's up to the players as to how nice she is.

Jadetale
9th Jul 2002, 22:52
Originally posted by Aquarius

Speaking of Zip, did anyone else think that he was "special"? lol All I can say is that the lisp really bugged me!!

LOL!! I thought the guy would never shut up!! You'd think he'd try to talk in a quieter voice, seeing as how Lara was in a High-Security, technologically-alarmed building complex...

:o I was like this everytime he had to say something.

Kristine@LIM
9th Jul 2002, 23:42
I don't think it's the games as much as Lara herself. She is such a strong female character and I love that (being a woman myself.) Also her movements within the game(s) is something I've never seen before. The way she jumps, flips, climbs etc... is outstanding. I've played similar 3rd person games and no other character out there compares to her. Her perfection, style, wit, charisma and strength combined creates this magical (fictional) character that is Lara Croft.;)

Jadetale
10th Jul 2002, 02:33
Yeah. I agree (being a female myself). I mean, and don't get me wrong, the levels are fun, but it's how you make it through them that counts.
Anyone remember "Nightmare in Vegas", when Lara climbs up the sculpture in the center and there's that sign at the bottom of the room that says "No Climbing On Sculpture"?? :D Now that's what I call style.

Sang
10th Jul 2002, 05:33
me think all great games got it! Provoke an emotional respond from the player! It creates a bond between player and the game's character. That'd explain why we all stick to Lara after all these years :p

FoxyKat
10th Jul 2002, 05:43
Originally posted by DKSM

Yea, love life. ;)

That is very true in some cases. Lmao :D

shanedj
10th Jul 2002, 12:19
Yes Since that day my whole life revolved around waiting for the November of the next year! Dunno why but they are always released around november time!

Tombraider Forever!!;)