PDA

View Full Version : Out of curiosity.

God
30th Jun 2002, 08:52
I am curious as to why you enjoy the Legacy of Kain series. What I mean by this is I would like to know what you personally enjoy from the series, possibly a certain character that you seem to connect to or the writing style or possibly you just so happen to have an affinity for vampires and the genre of vampirism. I implore you to reply but please do not reply simply because it is a request from God. Do so at your own discretion. It is but a simple question. But know, any reply will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and have a pleasant life.

God
30th Jun 2002, 09:09
Personally I enjoy the atmosphere of the world. I think it is possibly the pinnacle of what it is trying to accomplish. I have yet to encounter a story within a videogame that has such a rich history. Excellent quality.

willow
30th Jun 2002, 09:24
hmmm well I'd say I would have to agree with God on this (haha I'm agreeing with God... that's rich... wait until I tell all my friends). But I also have somewhat an attachment to the characters. I love Kain... I think he is one of the greatest if not the greatest videogame character of all time. He's just so damn kocky and arrogant... how could you not love him?.. and add in the dynamic of him becoming the ruler of all of Nosgoth... only to realize that it was a mistake... basically out of boredom... I think that's just genius.

royalmarine1980
30th Jun 2002, 17:29
I agree with willow, only cos he has a nice kitty-kat and what he said sounds nicer than what I'd say :D

blincoln
30th Jun 2002, 18:07
Hey God, would you mind making your text a bit darker? It's hard on the eyes of the elders =).

dago
30th Jun 2002, 18:10
he doesn't respond to these posts...do what willow does..highlight the text!

Rook
1st Jul 2002, 00:43
Well the whole LoK series boasts about the best storyline, character development, gameplay, music, and voice acting of any game or game series I've ever seen. It's perfect!

:D

royalmarine1980
1st Jul 2002, 12:54
That too :D

Azuriel
1st Jul 2002, 14:32
i like the series because of the story, and Raziel.

Raz gets screwed over all the time, and everything he tries seems to fail. he is a complete failure.

heh

sounds just like me

chuffy
1st Jul 2002, 14:46
the story is very well done in depth and very well scripted.
the main thing though is how many times do you get to play vampire or a reaver of souls. you can be evil smashing cats to death with big shiny swords or only feast on the muggers and thiefs. i love the fact that in SR1 if you don't kill any humans they start to worship you as a angel who destroys vampires. Little touchs like this is the sign of a good game.

chuffy

Apocrypha Roxy
4th Jul 2002, 01:17
I LOOVE the series...

Kain is such a bada$$, I dont know whether to smack him or squeal with delight... and he knows the rules of the game: your own - that ensures your survival.

Plus he is such a fine piece of man cand--:o I mean, he's really hot. Dude, those BOOTS... :p

And Raziel is your Campbellian (sp?) hero - trial after trial to prove his worth, and we're getting to the big make-it-or-break it test. A very likeable character indeed.

(Who knew a corpse could look so good?) :D

Power reaver
4th Jul 2002, 04:23
I just love the story , its the best . And Raz , he is just so cool , and he is a surviver . Just look what he has gone through .

SPOILERS

He was impaled by the blood reaver as a human
Kain tore his wings when he was vamp and cast him into the abyss to burn forever
After an eternity of burning he returns as a soul eating creature
He is smacked with the Soul Reaver
All the health he gains in the 1st game is stolen by the reaver in Williams Chapel
He fights stupid demons
He then finds Janos and witnesses his murder done by his human self
He fights demons again , this time they start teasing him
He is forced to kill his human self
He is almost sucked into the reaver

And God knows what more is going to happen to him

SPOILERS END

Has any other video game character gone through so much ?

Lady Kreliana
4th Jul 2002, 05:45
What I love about LoK is the story and the characters. The story is deep and convoluted, not something that the 'average bear' can grasp and comprehend. It's not a story that's to be taken lightly. You have to sit and think about what's going on.

The characters have a remarkable amount of realism to them. Kain and Raziel aren't you typical heroes. They're flawed, just like real people. They make mistakes, do bad things, and aren't necessarily helped out by every NPC character they come across like in a lot of games. Heck, most of the NPC characters in the games hate them! :)

Those two things are what keeps me coming back to LoK. Great story, and great, more importantly...BELIEVABLE, characters.

Sade Lyrate
5th Jul 2002, 19:25
Well... to get things real interesting...
Nupraptor's daddy, Irmok the Mad!

...and it's not even late yet...

So I'll just re-focus, and coin a bit more sensible answer, right?;)

In all honesty, and with my mind clear, I'm forced to say that it's
gotta be Legacy of Kain, taken literally.
...just love it when they hide the main story and character behind
someone's thin blue behind...:D

Ah, heck... just like Rook & Lady Kreliana said. Basically, at least...

Time Streamer
5th Jul 2002, 19:37
Concept, story, characters, everything. BO1 established those things so well I've never been able to tear myself away from it.

Spark which ignited the interest was that I could play as a vampire and suck the blood of my enemies.

Vampire games have always interested me somehow. First one I tried was the Night Hunter on the Amiga computer where you played the part of Dracula.