PDA

View Full Version : Hunting deer

Treeble
19th Nov 2015, 01:06
Other than the glitched achievement for completing all tombs which will only come up with a future replay, the only campaign achievement I'm missing is Quick and Painless (shoot 15 deer in the heart). Anyone got any tips for spawning deer? I've been hopping back and forth between Siberian Wilderness and the Encampment basecamp in Geothermal Valley but hardly making any progress. It seems they only appear during daylight and only in clear weather, although I have seen a bunch of rabbits under the rain.

Once I got three deer during one visit to the Geothermal Valley bit, but after that I spent another 30 minutes fast travelling through the camps/weathers and that was it, no more deer for me.

Tips, anyone?

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 17:00
Go to Siberian Wilderness, Soviet Installation, and Geothermal Valley in rotation. If you are still having problems go to a zone with no deer, quit the game, then load back in and it should reset.

a_big_house
23rd Nov 2015, 18:07
If might be worth noting that this cheevo is impossible to obtain on Survivor difficulty, since you can't use Instinct to see the heart :)

Treeble
23rd Nov 2015, 20:32
I'm playing on Survivor now and the Survival Instinct works exactly the same.

In the beginning I had Soviet Installation in the mix but found the spawn rates for deer to be very low, so I just kept going back and forth between Siberian Wilderness and Geothermal Valley.

I'd already gotten the achievement since opening the thread. Just missing the "complete all tombs" to 1000G, and halfway through on my Survivor playthrough so in a day or two I shall get 1000G and then head to 100% again. :D I'll probably play around some more with the Expeditions, might even go for all Gold...

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 20:42
If might be worth noting that this cheevo is impossible to obtain on Survivor difficulty, since you can't use Instinct to see the heart :)

I intend to have all cheevos by the time I play through again (apart from the Expedition ones)

a_big_house
23rd Nov 2015, 20:50
I'm playing on Survivor now and the Survival Instinct works exactly the same.
Well that's dumb. I know I switched it off in the options menu, but it should be automatically switched off on that mode :lol:

Treeble
23rd Nov 2015, 22:12
I fail to see the relevance. I'm ok with people not liking it, but it would be the exact same was as disabling detective vision on Batman or eagle vision on Assassin's Creed games. That's an unnecessary hinderance IMO, but each to their own I guess.

a_big_house
23rd Nov 2015, 22:58
What's not relevant? I'm not saying I don't like it, I do, it's useful, I was just under the impression that it was a disabled feature on Survivor difficulty... And actually on the Batman games, on New Game + (very hard mode) the game doesn't tell you when to counter and dodge etc, so it would fit kinda

Treeble
23rd Nov 2015, 23:25
Yeah, but detective vision still works the exact same way. I don't think you can compare survival instinct with the combat counters, there's nothing in TR to that effect. Maybe the alert signal? Otherwise it's a feature already disabled in TR, in which you don't know when enemies are going to shoot unless you read them, much like on NG+ you're reading their incoming punches to counter in time.

FarronFox
24th Nov 2015, 02:38
I fail to see the relevance. I'm ok with people not liking it, but it would be the exact same was as disabling detective vision on Batman or eagle vision on Assassin's Creed games. That's an unnecessary hinderance IMO, but each to their own I guess.

The detective vision in the Arkham games are a legitimate part of Batman's tech in his cowl. That ability was previously in several movies, as well as cartoons and comics.

I'm still stumped where Lara supposedly gets this Survivor Instinct or whatever. She's not wearing tech on her head, and you are not running a interactive simulation like the Assassin's Creed games.

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2015, 07:38
The detective vision in the Arkham games are a legitimate part of Batman's tech in his cowl. That ability was previously in several movies, as well as cartoons and comics.

I'm still stumped where Lara supposedly gets this Survivor Instinct or whatever. She's not wearing tech on her head, and you are not running a interactive simulation like the Assassin's Creed games.

Its not quite the same in my view. I see it as a graphical representation of a mixture of the senses - smell, sight, sound, touch and possibly even taste along with intuition and instinct. Its really a way to help people if they get stuck. You dont have to use it (although I do all the time to find collectables)

a_big_house
24th Nov 2015, 12:32
Yeah, but detective vision still works the exact same way. I don't think you can compare survival instinct with the combat counters, there's nothing in TR to that effect. Maybe the alert signal? Otherwise it's a feature already disabled in TR, in which you don't know when enemies are going to shoot unless you read them, much like on NG+ you're reading their incoming punches to counter in time.
That's not my point, my point is that on the hardest difficulty, a feature was removed / changed to add difficulty. I assumed this would be true in Rise, but was mistaken, that is all.

I'm aware of that, I was just using it as an example :D