PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] 1 TB ROTTR Bundles Missing Prepaid Codes for "Tactical Survival Kit" DLC

DexterXBA
18th Nov 2015, 20:25
I've purchased this Xbox One 1 TB Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/consoles/1tb-rise-of-the-tomb-raider/

It's supposed to include the full game of "Tomb Raider Definitive Edition", the full game of "Rise of the Tomb Raider" and the add-on "Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack". My problem is that the DLC code for the add-on is missing. On the code card it says on the front "INCLUDES TACTICAL SURVIVAL KIT CONTENT PACK" but on the back is only 1 code and this code unlocks the full game and not the DLC. After downloading everything I checked the files on my HDD -> My games & apps -> manage game -> but the Tactical Survival Kit DLC didn't show up there. It didn't show up when playing the game either.

What I tried to solve this was I contacted Xbox Support first but they said they don't have any codes and said I should contact the shop where I purchased it from. That's what I did and they sent me a replacement but guess what: The DLC code is missing again. Both bundles were still in the original packaging and I've searched the whole boxes for a DLC code but it's missing. And since I'm not the only one with the problem I assume that something went wrong during the production of these bundles in Europe/Germany and the people in charge forgot to print the code for the DLC on the card.

Here are some pictures of the code card:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151118/czmsfb5p.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151118/mtglq7cu.jpg

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151118/b5e8ojc5.jpg

On the back there is only a single 25-digit code + its QR code (I redeemed the QR code as well but it's for the full game as well).

This is how it looks on my console:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151118/3v89wovp.jpg

All I see is the full game, the 4 pre-order DLCs (Apex, Remnant Resistance, Hopes Bastion, Sparrowhawk) and my savegame. The Tactical Survival DLC is missing.

I hope someone at Square Enix can help me with this issue since I've bought this bundle primarily because of this DLC :(

Calderis
18th Nov 2015, 22:01
I have the same problem. Already posted in another thread about it, but figured I should chime in here as well.

Bought the bundle from a nordic webshop. Got the same response from Microsoft and emailed the shop about it, but they haven't gotten back to me about it yet. Hopefully this issue can be resolved, as I also really wanted to get this add-on

MeaganMarie
19th Nov 2015, 02:53
Sorry for the trouble! Anything that involves codes or downloads needs to be taken care of direct with Xbox Support. Details here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182989)!

Turaeon
22nd Nov 2015, 21:19
I have the exact same problem. Bummer - because the DLC influenced my decision to buy the Tomb Raider Bundle and not the Elite Bundle. On the front of the card it says "Includes Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack" but under the cover on the back there is only one code and that one does not unlock the DLC - only the main game. It looks like a production error. I hope the issue gets resolved quick because I have kinda wasted enough time of my life on support issues lately.
I made a post on the Xbox forums -> http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/t/2078766.aspx

Calderis
23rd Nov 2015, 20:10
Update... Shop finally got back to me. Took them so long I thought they'd contact Microsoft about it, but no... they told me they've been instructed to tell me to contact Microsoft myself. So I did - for the third time.

Unfortunately my request for help was simply refused and Microsoft told me to get back to the shop... from what I could gather reading between the lines of that chat, they won't believe I bought the bundle because I didn't buy it from their shop. So the shop I bought it from needs to contact Microsoft on my behalf...

Not sure what to think here. Would feel bad returning the console as I redeemed the codes (that were there) and I've already been playing a bit over the week I've been waiting for replies. :(

Tecstar70
23rd Nov 2015, 20:14
Update... Shop finally got back to me. Took them so long I thought they'd contact Microsoft about it, but no... they told me they've been instructed to tell me to contact Microsoft myself. So I did - for the third time.

Unfortunately my request for help was simply refused and Microsoft told me to get back to the shop... from what I could gather reading between the lines of that chat, they won't believe I bought the bundle because I didn't buy it from their shop. So the shop I bought it from needs to contact Microsoft on my behalf...

Not sure what to think here. Would feel bad returning the console as I redeemed the codes (that were there) and I've already been playing a bit over the week I've been waiting for replies. :(

I would go back to the shop. I don't know where you are in the world but in the UK the responsibility lies with the retailer to provide the goods as advertised. Don't listen if they tell you to go back to MS. You bought the goods from the shop and if it not as described you can get your money back if they can't provide them. If you are not in the UK then check out your local equivalent of the Trading Standards Office.

Calderis
24th Nov 2015, 12:01
Alright, the shop can't get the add-on codes either (or maybe won't contact Microsoft about it). I guess the only option to fix this now is to return the entire bundle.

There's apparently no guarantee a replacement wouldn't have the same problem, and it is pretty silly to replace an entire console when Microsoft could easily fix this if they wanted to. It's really not the shop's fault after all - they don't assemble these bundles.

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2015, 12:06
Alright, the shop can't get the add-on codes either (or maybe won't contact Microsoft about it). I guess the only option to fix this now is to return the entire bundle.

There's apparently no guarantee a replacement wouldn't have the same problem, and it is pretty silly to replace an entire console when Microsoft could easily fix this if they wanted to. It's really not the shop's fault after all - they don't assemble these bundles.

That's a shame. While its not the shops fault they should be helping you to resolve this. Assuming you will buy another bundle elsewhere its them who has lost the sale. I also agree that MS could easily fix this too but unless you can get past the generic frnt-end helpdesk advisors your chances are slim.

DexterXBA
24th Nov 2015, 19:04
Thanks for the update Calderis. I didn't have any luck either :(
Microsoft said they don't have any codes and the shop said I should contact Microsoft since their 2nd replacement bundle didn't include the DLC code either. I guess the only option now would be to ask for a refund and import the bundle from the US since this problem seems to exist only in Europe :/

Calderis
24th Nov 2015, 20:03
Tecstar70, true that. I might just ask for a refund, will have to think about it. I'd rather not send the whole console back though... All this trouble for some misprinted code cards, it's a bit silly, isn't it?

Thanks for the update Calderis. I didn't have any luck either :(
Microsoft said they don't have any codes and the shop said I should contact Microsoft since their 2nd replacement bundle didn't include the DLC code either. I guess the only option now would be to ask for a refund and import the bundle from the US since this problem seems to exist only in Europe :/

Sorry to hear that. Just saw your thread on the xbox forums about it earlier today and was wondering if you managed to get it solved... guess not :(

I'm out of options here as well. Feels like they're not going to respond on the xbox forums either as both of the threads have been there for a while now

Driber
24th Nov 2015, 23:03
Sorry to hear about the persistent trouble you're having with this, guys. I know it must be really frustrating to be constantly sent from one place to another and back again.

Since MS seems to be unwilling or unable to help by contacting them directly, my advice would be to keep pressing the retailer where you bought the bundle from. Demand a replacement, and make sure you open the box of the replacement in the store so that you can check if the DLC download code is included on the card or not. If it's not, the retailer can see first hand the problem, which will hopefully move them into action and make them get a proper code from MS directly.

I understand that one of you guys already got a replacement. Did you open the box at home? Did you notify the retailer of the code missing in the replacement bundle? What did they say?

To the person who's thinking of importing a console from abroad - are you sure you want to spend a lot of money on shipping, and possibly high import taxes just for an in-game outfit? I mean, I'm not saying you should admit defeat or anything, but perhaps waiting a few more weeks for a possible easier solution might be less costly?

Raider90210
27th Nov 2015, 14:03
I don't seem to have a DLC code for that one. I can't remember but I think that DLC should have appeared as a separate download along side the game.

Lucacentric28
27th Nov 2015, 18:36
I don't seem to have a DLC code for that one. I can't remember but I think that DLC should have appeared as a separate download along side the game.

I have the same download card as these guys and mine had the DLC code right above the game code. Their code cards were misprinted by Microsoft.

The only difference with my card is that it shows all the text on the front and back in English/French/Spanish, instead of just English.

Hope you guys are able to get this sorted. It's really a bummer that no one seems to be cooperating on this. The card clearly states the DLC is included, so Microsoft should be stepping up. You would think they would have data linking game and DLC codes to the UPCs on each card, and could tell that only the game codes are being used on a bunch of them.

Turaeon
6th Dec 2015, 10:34
I get the feeling the job of Microsoft support is either /ignore or "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

So I'm giving up - I don't have the time for this.

E Corp has won.

I learned not to buy a console for a timed exclusive though - even if you realy like it.

SandManNL1
6th Dec 2015, 12:08
Same here. I bought the 1TB ROTTR bundle, but didn't get a code for the Tactical Survival Kit :(

Calderis
9th Dec 2015, 15:13
I think it's time for me to give up, as well. :(

It's been nearly a month already and xbox support will not help us. Last night I tried to contact the chat support about the thread we have on the xbox forums (and this one) they gave the usual response said it's the developer's responsibility. The final attempt was trying the phone support and they basically told me they won't do anything because I didn't buy it directly from Microsoft, and then told me it's the shop's responsibility. The shop already said they cannot provide the missing keys, because they don't have access to them either.

They also said over chat that the code cards in the bundles are printed by the developer, not Microsoft.

The only thing I can do is ask the shop for a full refund, which I am considering at this point. I'd need to send the console to them for inspection and for some reason I feel like they're going to try to weasel out of a full refund. It's ridiculous to have to get rid of the entire package for one missing code anyway, but there you have it. If I do decide to return it, I probably won't be getting a replacement console for now.

Here's the weird part. My friend had to contact the chat support due to some unrelated problem and decided to ask the support agent helping him if there's anything that could be done about this (linking the thread on xbox forums), and the agent seemed to have a solution and said he would look into it. He said they had a tool to generate the codes, but did not know if it was the right code. The chat ended abruptly because of a connection issue on my friend's end, so he never could get back on it. Would've wanted to at least thank him for trying.

I got my hopes up again and that's when I decided to contact them myself for the last time, and just got the same canned "nope" responses described above.

Tecstar70
9th Dec 2015, 16:05
It's a big shame that such a simple thing could not be sorted out. I usually have a reasonably good experience with MS support. Have you tried doing something on Twitter? Slate them with a few hash tags and see what happens. I have has a response that way too. something like :

Don't buy an Xbox One bundle, MS rip you off and don't care #conned #xbox #ripoff #fail #microsoft #xboxone

might attract their attention.

Calderis
9th Dec 2015, 19:33
Haha, yeah. I did try twitter... though in a bit more polite manner. The message was quickly buried under newer ones.

If I remember correctly I got a pretty standard reply and was just directed to the xbox support forums, and the already existing thread there has been completely ignored even though more people keep posting that they're having the same problem. I'd imagine there'll be more and more of us if people start buying the bundles over the holidays.

Perhaps something like that would really be needed to get their attention... or to just warn potential buyers about it

Tecstar70
9th Dec 2015, 19:47
Haha, yeah. I did try twitter... though in a bit more polite manner. The message was quickly buried under newer ones.

If I remember correctly I got a pretty standard reply and was just directed to the xbox support forums, and the already existing thread there has been completely ignored even though more people keep posting that they're having the same problem. I'd imagine there'll be more and more of us if people start buying the bundles over the holidays.

Perhaps something like that would really be needed to get their attention... or to just warn potential buyers about it
Make sure you check out ALL the xbox twitter feeds. I think Xbox Support are the ones that helped me before. Put your angry tweet face on!

Driber
10th Dec 2015, 16:16
They also said over chat that the code cards in the bundles are printed by the developer, not Microsoft.

lol that's bollocks. Yeah, the devs have a printer at their office where they churn out redeem code cards 24/7, then send them to MS, and MS packs them into their TR bundle XB1 boxes, then ships the boxes out to retailers :lol:

Who told you this nonsense? MS support or the store where you bought the bundle?

Show them tweets from MS stating that they themselves are publishing the game. They are responsible for misprints.

The only thing I can do is ask the shop for a full refund, which I am considering at this point. I'd need to send the console to them for inspection and for some reason I feel like they're going to try to weasel out of a full refund. It's ridiculous to have to get rid of the entire package for one missing code anyway, but there you have it. If I do decide to return it, I probably won't be getting a replacement console for now.

Have you told the store that if they can't help you with the missing code that you'll be returning the entire console? That might pressure them a bit into getting a solution for you.

Calderis
10th Dec 2015, 18:36
Make sure you check out ALL the xbox twitter feeds. I think Xbox Support are the ones that helped me before. Put your angry tweet face on!

I don't think I'm that kind of Croft :p

Have you told the store that if they can't help you with the missing code that you'll be returning the entire console?

Yea, shop offered a full refund themselves a couple of days ago and sent me instructions for it.

Edit. So quiet in here:

Xbox Support might be really looking into this issue. I'll let you know if I hear anything more.

DexterXBA
29th Dec 2015, 13:48
Yesterday I received a message from Xbox Live containing my DLC code so my problem has finally been solved :)
Posting on forums.xbox.com apparently helped a lot even if it took a while :)

Tecstar70
29th Dec 2015, 14:05
Yesterday I received a message from Xbox Live containing my DLC code so my problem has finally been solved :)
Posting on forums.xbox.com apparently helped a lot even if it took a while :)

Brilliant! So glad you got it resolved. So was it the Xbox forums alone that sorted this or were you also using other channels?

DexterXBA
29th Dec 2015, 15:04
Brilliant! So glad you got it resolved. So was it the Xbox forums alone that sorted this or were you also using other channels?

I'm also very happy about that, I really didn't expect this to happen :D.
I've also contacted the xbox chat support but back then they said they couldn't help me and said I should contact Square Enix. I think MS finally understood that the problem was on their end due to all the posts on the xbox forum and contacted those who were affected depending on their forums posts. But I'm not 100% sure.

Tecstar70
29th Dec 2015, 16:21
I'm also very happy about that, I really didn't expect this to happen :D.
I've also contacted the xbox chat support but back then they said they couldn't help me and said I should contact Square Enix. I think MS finally understood that the problem was on their end due to all the posts on the xbox forum and contacted those who were affected depending on their forums posts. But I'm not 100% sure.

thanks DexterXBA. So maybe anyone else with the issue should post there too. Can you post the link to the thread?

DexterXBA
29th Dec 2015, 16:58
thanks DexterXBA. So maybe anyone else with the issue should post there too. Can you post the link to the thread?

Yes, that was my thread on the Xbox Forums: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4271/t/2076056.aspx

Valenka
29th Dec 2015, 22:19
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151118/3v89wovp.jpg

Forgive me for going off topic for a moment, but the Xbox One bundle gets you access to all the preorder DLC?

Lucacentric28
29th Dec 2015, 22:47
Forgive me for going off topic for a moment, but the Xbox One bundle gets you access to all the preorder DLC?

For me it only came with the game and Tactical Survivor Kit DLC. I'm guessing he got codes for the others off eBay or a similar site. In the days after release they were plentiful and cheap... probably not so much now.

Driber
30th Dec 2015, 09:39
I can confirm that MS is sending out free download codes for the survival kit to people who purchased the xbox one TR bundle. I received this message on my console yesterday:

So it looks like this issue is finally solved :)

No, store specific pre-order exclusives are not included in the xbox one console bundle. I got my (pre-ordered) bundle with only the survival kit.

Tecstar70
30th Dec 2015, 10:01
I wonder how they know who bought the bundle?

Driber
30th Dec 2015, 10:23
The bundle voucher codes used to download the game are probably all registered in a database, linking them to the bundle.

Calderis
31st Dec 2015, 18:27
So you guys are receiving codes via the xbox messaging system and not email?

Thanks to a great xbox support person I managed to get this problem escalated earlier in december. I provided them my console serial number along with pics and personal documents to prove my purchase... last I heard by email was that they had identified the problem as a faulty batch and were looking for the best solution to fix it for everyone. About two weeks ago, I think. I think someone else mentioned providing the details before, so maybe they finally got enough data to figure it out.

I still haven't received a message myself, but I can't actually check the console as I'm away from home. Nothing on the xbox.com website, at least. I figured they were on vacation as well. Hopefully they haven't forgotten me now :)

Driber
1st Jan 2016, 18:29
^ I got mine via the xbox message system. Hopefully you'll get yours the next time you switch on your console :)

DexterXBA
2nd Jan 2016, 12:22
So you guys are receiving codes via the xbox messaging system and not email?

Thanks to a great xbox support person I managed to get this problem escalated earlier in december. I provided them my console serial number along with pics and personal documents to prove my purchase... last I heard by email was that they had identified the problem as a faulty batch and were looking for the best solution to fix it for everyone. About two weeks ago, I think. I think someone else mentioned providing the details before, so maybe they finally got enough data to figure it out.

I still haven't received a message myself, but I can't actually check the console as I'm away from home. Nothing on the xbox.com website, at least. I figured they were on vacation as well. Hopefully they haven't forgotten me now :)

If you still haven't receive yours you should post in the Xbox One Promotions forum:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4272.aspx

That's what the official Xbox Forum support said:

Very happy to see some of you have received your Xbox Live messages with the Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack codes! If anyone here has purchased the Rise of the Tomb Raider bundle and are still missing the codes for the Tactical Survival Kit Content Pack, please make a new post in our Xbox One Promotions forum (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4272.aspx) letting us know so we can assist!

Thanks! :)