PDA

View Full Version : That was weird

Lara Croft Unlimited
30th Jun 2002, 05:59
Thats weird. I remember some of you say im not going to get TOMB RAIDER ANGEL of DARKNESS because i dont like games that are dark and REsident evilyesh, and lara is angel of darkness, and she is not going to raid tombs anymore, etc..........

That is some big sacrifice for a cool new way of TOMB RAIDER. The game is almost like REAL!!

LARAMANIAC
30th Jun 2002, 14:48
Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!!!:p

Kurtis Trent
30th Jun 2002, 21:57
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!!!:p

same here!!!!!!:D ;) :p :) :cool:

DKSM
30th Jun 2002, 22:17
Well, I'm not as enthusiastic as you, but I can't wait either.

whitemetal
1st Jul 2002, 14:55
It can't come quick enough.

Raider Sunrise
2nd Jul 2002, 12:35
I agree, White Metal, November seems like years away.... :(

thanhkim
3rd Jul 2002, 10:26
I want my AOD
I want my I want my I want my AOD

MountainDewNut
3rd Jul 2002, 15:13
It might be hard to convince my parents, but i'll get it somehow (that's if it's rated M)

LC&AJ FOREVER TR
4th Jul 2002, 05:25
I can't wait either...it really does seem so far off but before you know it November is going to be here anda HOORAY!!! It's all a matter of being patient.

snickrep2002
4th Jul 2002, 06:12
I do not know why people think Angel Of darkness is going to be like resident evil. First of all, the next tomb raider game will not have prerendered scenes. Resident evil does and it is not resident evil without those prerendered scenes. Another thing is that in resident evil you do not have a lot of moves. Well basically you do not have any moves except for shooting a gun. Now just because tomb raider angel of darkness is going for a more of a darker theme, do not mean you are going to go around blasting of zombie heads. There are really big differences between angel of darkness and resident evil. I will list why. But maybe some will have something in common.

Lets start with resident evil first.

Enemies-zombies/monsters/mutants/and sometimes humans

locations- are a city/mansion/island

Story for the series- the story for resident evil is actually very serious. It does not just involve shooting monsters, but trying to destroy Umbrella.

Game style- Uses 2D elements and puts it into 3D using prerendered backgrounds and 3D models.

gameplay- feels like a 2D game kind of. Basic controls and not much but running around and walking.

Now for tomb raider angel of darkness.

Enemies- So far we have seen types of monsters and humans.

Locations- Paris and Prague

story for the game- Lara croft stands accused of murdering Von Croy,the story line is very deep and will be very complicated(not in a hard way, in a long never ending way which is a good thing).

gamestyle- 3D enviorments with 3D objects.

gameplay-run around and do a bunch of moves like jumping,backflips,side flips,climp,crawl, and a whole bunch of others.

So lets see how they compare:

Both games have fights with monsters and humans

Both games are a series with strong story line

Now for the differences:

Resident evil uses fake locations and tomb raider uses real locations.

Resident evil uses prerendered scenes and tomb raider as you exploring a 3D enviorment.

So what I am trying to say is that these two games are totally different. Now I can not tell how the next tomb raider game will be since I have never played it(well cause its never come out yet), but from what I can tell, they are different games because they use a different style.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
4th Jul 2002, 07:27
TR:Aod is not going to be rated "M" it will be "T"for teen like all the others because ESRB has pretty much always considered Lara cartoony making that an "E" rating, but because she uses guns to kill they move it up from "E" to "T" you see(hey that rhymed :D ). Don't believe me read my thread about the PSM mag it knows all. :p