PDA

View Full Version : 'Data Corruption' challenge bug [Under Investigation]

IsaacWeed
17th Nov 2015, 14:33
Hi, can you help me I have a bug, that's preventing me from finishing a challenge, the challenge is "data corruption" I already have 9 out of 10, after searching for hte missing computer and not being able to find it according to the location in my map, I look a tutorial video in youtube to see if i were looking at the wrong spot, but i was right, the computer should appear just as the video shows at 4:01, but in my game there's nothing there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maWuSA9TkRA
PLEASE HELP!!!

MeaganMarie
18th Nov 2015, 03:12
Hello there - did you leave the area and returned to finish the challenge? Or did you stay in this area since starting the challenge?

littlesquiddle
19th Dec 2015, 18:50
+1

I encounter the same the problem, but for the laptop at 50secs in that walk through video. I recall a lot of explosions and laptop gone. The map still shows it as there, even when I left Gualeg and returned, when it's blatantly been destroyed.

Buckeye_Brian
20th Dec 2015, 15:42
I have the same problem but the missing laptop is at 1:10 in the video. I also have a problem with a soviet flag that I cut down, it shows on the map like I haven't got it but it was the first one that I cut. It's the one on the large structure. Im having the same problem with one of the propaganda posters and that bird in the Soviet installation is still nowhere to be found. I have a digital copy of the game that came with the Xbox 1

elrebrin
31st Dec 2015, 01:23
Hello there - did you leave the area and returned to finish the challenge? Or did you stay in this area since starting the challenge?

I'm having the same issue - I had left the area and came back after realizing that I didn't have the challenge. Now, I'm remembering that I may have blown this laptop up with a nearby generator. Could that have affected it?

I don't want to have to start over to 100% :(

Wolfe442
5th Feb 2016, 06:45
I'm also experiencing this same problem, same laptop as the original poster (IsaacWeed).

I left the area, of course, but I'm positive that I took the axe to this laptop before originally leaving the area (which I cleared of every other laptop). In fact it was the first one I destroyed. You really can't miss it.

http://i.imgur.com/gM9sML5.jpg

TXGT-FFX
5th Feb 2016, 13:37
I'm also experiencing this same problem, same laptop as the original poster (IsaacWeed).

I left the area, of course, but I'm positive that I took the axe to this laptop before originally leaving the area (which I cleared of every other laptop). In fact it was the first one I destroyed. You really can't miss it.

The game only marks the spot on the map where you started the challenge, in this case destroyed the first laptop. All ROTTR challenges have more objects than required scattered in the area. So there's actually not only 10 laptops in the area, there are more of them, you just need to find 10 of them to complete the challenge. But that's just how it seems to me. I could be wrong. I have 65% overall completion and never had problems with the challenges so far.

trap3d
13th Feb 2016, 19:10

I also have the same problem, how i can fix this?

trap3d
16th Feb 2016, 19:16
I still need to fix this, i reload the game save and test the challenge again, the same happen...
Anyone from square enix can take a look in this?

Ps: This happens in steam version on pc.

trap3d
21st Feb 2016, 11:53
FIX

I find a way to get the challenge, what you need to bypass this is complete soviet installation without destroy any computer, then come back and destroy all computers.

You cant died until get all the computers, if not, cant get the challenge.

ShadowKnight255
9th Jan 2017, 20:44
[QUOTE=IsaacWeed;2185879]Hi, can you help me I have a bug, that's preventing me from finishing a challenge, the challenge is "data corruption" I already have 9 out of 10, after searching for hte missing computer and not being able to find it according to the location in my map, I look a tutorial video in youtube to see if i were looking at the wrong spot, but i was right, the computer should appear just as the video shows at 4:01, but in my game there's nothing there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maWuSA9TkRA

i recently bought ROTTR 20 year anniversary on Xbox One and i am having the same issue as well, i think it might be caused by the fact i got that laptop first but then died during the mission. Anyways i really enjoy the games u guys make and i was really looking forward to 100% this game but now i dont know if i can. Please confirm if this will be fixed or not or if i have to restart i would like to know asap so i can continue playing thanks.