PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox One] THE LOST CITY - Trebuchet #1 Rotation glitch [Under Investigation]

Chizrocker88
17th Nov 2015, 21:35
Moderator Note: We are currently investigating this bug, but in the meantime, this should be avoidable by reloading the checkpoint.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I went through the thread list and saw issues with getting to the 2nd and 3rd Trebuchet's but nothing for my issue so hopefully I didn't miss one. Any way.

What platform are you playing on – Xbox One or Xbox 360? Xbox One
Are you playing via digital download or a physical disk? Digital
Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes? Main campaign
If main campaign, what chapter are you in? The Lost City - have not completed the level.
If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously? More details below.

So I've progressed through the Lost City to the first trebuchet. For some reason, after clearing out all the Deathless, I immediately went to explore the are and collect all valuables and finish the tomb/crypt in the area. When I finished and came back to use the trebuchet to open the gate, I discovered that it had shifted in a way where it won't align for me to shoot the gate. If I turn it towards the left of the gate, I can get it just close enough to light the first fire totem thing, but if I go the opposite direction, it's not even close to the gate. It won't even hit the fire totem that's right below the firepit checkpoint at the top of the mountain.

I discovered the way to re-load a previous checkpoint and I just checked (before writing this post) and it started The Lost City over again for me so hopefully I won't experience that glitch again.

[Edit] Returning to previous save allowed me to progress past glitch and I didn't encounter any of the glitches reported for Trebuchet #2 or #3.

D3ATHDeeleR
17th Feb 2016, 19:12
I'm having same problem but I've tried the reload about 25 times with no luck..

darkmikasonfire
18th Jul 2018, 09:03
What platform are you playing on? Xbox One
Are you playing via digital download or a physical disk? Physical standard and I have all DLC including the 20th anniversary DLC installed.
Are you playing main campaign or expedition modes? Main campaign
If main campaign, what chapter are you in? The Lost City - have not completed the level.
If main campaign, have you completed the campaign in a different save slot previously? Nope first playthrough.

I'm in the Lost City at the first trebuchet. After killing the bad guys and climbing to the top of it it was facing backwards. I died on purpose hoping it would fix the issue it didn't, I reloaded checkpoint didn't work, I went to a camp and fast traveled out to the geovalley then back in hoping that would fix it and it didn't. I tried to load a previous save with R1+L1 but since I had turned in a side quest in geovalley it would only set to then, which was after the glitch showed up. The best fastest easiest way to fix this is to make a patch that would allow us to turn the first trebucket 360 degrees and this wouldn't be an issue.
The moment this issue was mentioned in the above, you should have put out an update that let us move it all the way around then even if it was messed up we could fix it by just turning it around. Please put out a patch to allow this, I played it on easy and was at 90% done with the whole game, had to restart the whole thing and now I'm playing on the hardest difficulty I don't want to hit this glitch again cause it's going to be hard to get to here even once, let alone again. I painstakingly went and collected everything, I've even fully upgraded almost every weapon at that point, now I have to do it all over again, after all that first one on Adventurer I spent just shy of 60 hours getting where I was, now it's going to take even longer I'm sure I don't want to have to do this a 3rd time if I don't have to, after all doing it on Extreme Survivor is going to be tough as is.
It bums me out cause I was at Lost City and I had the game 90% complete at that point. every shotgun, bow, pistol, and the pickaxe max upgraded, had to finish up the rifles but still :-/ so close to being done with the game and so close to having that 100% complete save :-/