PDA

View Full Version : FF Series?

Red Mage
30th Jun 2002, 05:05
shouldn't they have a FF All Series community Chat for all the previus games or change the name? It's Just a question! they might be different but they all have the same roll "RPG". :)

vakusuma
1st Jul 2002, 13:41
Well, FF7 is the only one supported by Eidos since they're publishing it.

Eidos has nothing to do with the other FFs...

3car
2nd Jul 2002, 00:42
Hi-

They probably don't want to incur any 'legal issues' with Square over the use of the Final Fantasy name without appropriate monetary compensation.....know how us big companies are.

lets see what happens when I do the sig thing....

Moggraider
2nd Jul 2002, 04:43
Oucheth, sir. No sig. Sorry, dude.

Arkron
2nd Jul 2002, 10:46
FFVIII was published by Eidos as well right?

SirCanealot
2nd Jul 2002, 10:54
FFVIII was published by Square ONLY in europe.

Moggraider
2nd Jul 2002, 16:03
^by Square he means "Eidos."

SirCanealot
2nd Jul 2002, 18:07
Opps... I was a little out of it last night...

Moggraider
2nd Jul 2002, 19:01
You're always a little out of it.

Amazeroth
2nd Jul 2002, 20:14
That's right sir.

Goku Noble Warrior
2nd Jul 2002, 21:55
Well then I demand a european ff8 discussion forum as well!!!!!!!
Sign the petition to get it created everybody!!!!!.....Or we could all just enjoy the comy forum they have already given us.

Arkron
2nd Jul 2002, 22:16
Who cares? We'll just take care of the silly n00bs.. err.. answer their questions in this forum

SirCanealot
2nd Jul 2002, 23:00
No I really was out of it that night. Sunday night I was up till 9am (then I slept till 12pm haha 2-3 hours haha) at an addict Tekken session. Monday was the first time I've gone to bed at 1am and fell fast asleep heh.

Arkron
3rd Jul 2002, 08:19
In terms of sleeping time, it sounds you'd fit right in with us Dutch students Cane :D

SirCanealot
3rd Jul 2002, 11:20
Haha. Actually there was a Dutch player there who came 2nd in the Tekken Tag Tornament torny we had. That was a very weird torny...

But bah I dont stay up like that often. Usely 3am is the latest I'll stay up to at home and 1pm is the latest I'll get up. :d

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 05:01
hmm, at least am not the only one that stays up late, but then I end up paying for it later plus I drive alot and my eyes tend to close when I drive, and it's scary so maybe I should cut my hours playing online, but it's hard giving up the habit of playing a fine game. :(

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 07:20
If FF 8 is also supported by Eidos why it doesnt have own forum?

Arkron
4th Jul 2002, 07:24
It should be for europeans.. you know, with passwords and stuff to keep the americans out :p

Red Mage
4th Jul 2002, 08:25
Yeah! ok, be that way! we don't need paswords we have V.I.P. passes anyway.:D

Ranger
4th Jul 2002, 11:43
In your dreams :p :p

LARAMANIAC
4th Jul 2002, 21:00
I'm British and my copy of FFVIII is Squaresoft not Eidos!!!:p

Arkron
4th Jul 2002, 21:02
Traitor! :p

Red Mage
6th Jul 2002, 03:09
I'm British and my copy of FFVIII is Squaresoft not Eidos!!! :D you have a point!

N00dles
6th Jul 2002, 13:41
What's the point of a FF8-forum? As if anyone would like to discuss such a crappy installment of the series :D

Red Mage
7th Jul 2002, 20:12
Well in view of your comment on FFVIII it seem's you didn't like that series, well I don't blame you I never finish it. hehe! :D

Amazeroth
7th Jul 2002, 21:50
FF VIII owned if only because of the realistic character models so shuddap. :p

N00dles
7th Jul 2002, 23:36
The models were okay, although the characters didn't apply to my taste :) And the story was full with plotholes, and the drawing system was too boring and blablablah :) Shall I continue? :)

Lugya
8th Jul 2002, 04:19
Hi Nel! you change your name? I was lost in the old forum didn't read the topic left on it that they have move to a new one. Any way why you over here in FFVII, I tought you finish them all? :confused:

LARAMANIAC
19th Jul 2002, 10:43
FFVIII was brilliant - the characters were brilliant, the music was brilliant, the story was brilliant, the graphics were brilliant!!! Basically it was brilliant!!!!

(I'm sure I have written this already somewhere else!!)

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/F48.GIF

Red Mage
21st Jul 2002, 01:34
And I totaly agree with you its amazing on how far it goes!

3car
23rd Jul 2002, 14:19
Hi-

Did you also notice, with FF8, that everybody understood or got the main gist of the story? That's what all the hue and cry should have been about. Not the character models or the card game; the easily 'gotten' story.

That game started a trend for the more 'modern' rpgs from Square. Wonder why they did that? FF9 and FF10 also have stories that a blind person could follow. Even with the clearer explanations of everthing in FF's 8, 9, and 10, why is FF7 still the best of the series? The game no one really understands?

I think it's because the polygoned the Chocobos.....and Tifa! :D

N00dles
23rd Jul 2002, 18:29
Originally posted by 3car
I think it's because the polygoned the Chocobos.....and Tifa! :D

It's the combination of Tifa sitting on a Chocobo :) That's why everybody has got to play that game :)

Amazeroth
23rd Jul 2002, 19:05
I dunno, for some weird reason the better character models were a huge source of motivation for me even though usually I don't value graphics that highly...
Maybe it's because it helped me sympathize with the characters...

Rengar
24th Jul 2002, 01:14
FF8 had plot holes? no, my friend, I don't believe it did.

FF7 is the one with plot holes.

It's understandable why FF8's story was so easy to follow. Doesn't anyone remember the complaining, on this forum, about the ending of FF7? And then all the discusions. That's what made this forum, and is what kept it together for so long.

FF8 can be complicated, if you think it out. The past, present future, thing can always become complicated.

pharos
9th Aug 2002, 19:35
HI..EVERY BODY......I JUST HEARED ABOUT FINAL FANATSY GAME..AND I WANT SOME INFORMATION ABOUT IT...TO SEE IF I WILL BYE IT OR NO...LIKE THE SIZE OF THE GAME..AND IF IS IT LIKE TOMBRAIDER..AND SOUL REAVER ..OMIKRON,GAMES..THAT I PLAYED BY ONE PERSON.....AND TRY TO OVER COME SOME HARD SUITION..DOES IT CONTAIN..BOTH FIGHT AND THINKING..AND ANY AVAILABLE INFORMATION IN SIMPLE DISCUSSION..OK..PLEASE..I WAIT FOR THAT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE..

N00dles
10th Aug 2002, 01:54
Could this be any more....annoying? :rolleyes:

Anyway, no, Final Fantasy doesn't look or play like Tomb Raider or Soul Reaver. Those two games are different.

FF7 does contain a lot of fighting and thinking, but in a different way. Turnbased battles, often running around talking to people and collecting items, and unravel the story.

Lugya
10th Aug 2002, 03:49
Hey Red_Mage I borrow your FFVII and you can have it back it's an ok game but to confusing for me I will stick with the one before. By-the-way is there a difference on PC and consoles when playing this type of games?

windcloud
10th Aug 2002, 06:32
FFVIII PC is published by Square Electronic Arts... and Eidos in Europe

and no bashing FFVIII, because it reeks with awesomeness.

Pharos... easy on the caps... you kinda reminded me of someone...

Red Mage
10th Aug 2002, 07:51
Huh? thats not FFVII that you took thats FFVIII I had it in the wrong case. http://www.plauder-smilies.com/birthday.gif to Lugya. :p

Canyon Wolf
10th Aug 2002, 09:53
FFVIII doesn't have plot holes. It just have plot devices that never got explained. I was more confused by it than with FFVII or, as little far in as I am (a mere 5 hours, I'm positive that the game would throw me off my feet at any moment now), Xenogears.

Examples:

Ellone - How did she got that laws of physics-defying powers anyway?

Sorceresses - If they've been there for ages, where are the records of their existence? There should've been tales, legends...and how they ever possess that power in the first place?

The moon harbors monsters - This just pops up. I know it's a throwback to an older FF but dammit, what's FF4 got to do with FF8?

The Lunatic Pandora - Wha?

Ultimecia's motives - All theories are guesswork. Does the game EVER say anything conclusive on this?

I like the game, especially the Garden Wars. And certain parts of it really feels like Squall is part of a 'faction', for lack of a better word. But it's got something off. <shrugs>

windcloud
10th Aug 2002, 19:35
Xenogears' plot will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!

let's just say you won't get to the real plot until you finish Disc 1.

Canyon Wolf
11th Aug 2002, 09:25
I have no doubt that it will. :) Greatly looking forward to it. I like plotlines that force my brain to work. If doesn't, I'm filing a complaint to Square. (just kidding)

Red Mage
10th Sep 2002, 08:02
Originally posted by windcloud
Xenogears' plot will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!!!

let's just say you won't get to the real plot until you finish Disc 1.

I'm curious if they will come out with another one. anyways has anyone defeated the boss monter in the sand in FFVII thats the only one I haven't try'd to defeat.

3car
10th Sep 2002, 20:06
Hi-

Yes, the is another title in the works that is 'loosely' related to Xenogears. That title is Xenosaga.

The original Xenogears team is doing the work but for another developer. Thus the term 'loosely'. Licensing agreements and all that.

If you take on the Ruby Weapon, well, good-luck. ;) Most all of us have beaten it 3 or 2 times. The fun is in figuring out how to do it. It ain't all that hard; just don't try to keep everone on their feet. ;)

Canyon Wolf
14th Sep 2002, 05:14
And Xenosaga rules. That is, if you can read Japanese. I could make out only around 20% of what they're saying as of this moment, but it's still cool.

Red Mage
2nd Oct 2002, 00:49
I found that some of the game that are made elsewhere when release in other country's or in the states they are change in game play and some of the story lines are adjusted to the understanding of that country even at this moment there are games that we don't even know of, that where never release in the U.S.A., strange isn't! :confused:

Lugya
2nd Nov 2002, 01:47
Hi Mage AOM is out but the demo is 345MB it took me 30 minutes to dl haven't tryed playing it but I will soon. I started playing that Final Fantasy Tactics but I keep dying when I build up my caracters the enemy caracters get tronger too, is there no edge on that?

Dell
7th Nov 2002, 23:13
There you have hit upon my long-standing whine about FFVIII...the monsters leveling up with you. Darn it all, half the fun of any game is leveling up enough to really kick some behind on those critters!

Of course, leveling up has been taken to an all time height of the ridiculous in FFV which consists of little if any plot and endless leveling up in a dozen or more categories to handle the specifically aimed monsters.

I think FFVII ruled for so long because half the young male population of the world fell in love with Aeris! (and some not so young ones, too).

SilverYugi
18th Nov 2002, 04:03
Another good thing about FFVII is the materia system. It makes it alot easyer... except for when you want to reapply ALL your materuia but besides that, at least its better than FFIX and that ability system. now that sucked. Oh, and if anyone has heard of a game called Ehergeiz tell me... you can be the FFVII characters and do DOA style fighting with them!!!

3car
19th Nov 2002, 16:33
Hi-

Seems, by the replies, no one is/was much impressed by FFX. I thought it was a pretty darn good game. Still think it's a pretty darn good game. I also like the fact that a bunch of the holes in 'X will be, more or less, filled in next year. I think the folks at Square are learning to correct their mistakes.

Now if they will just fill the pot holes in FFVII...and there were a bunch of them.

Arkron
19th Nov 2002, 21:41
FFX is a good game.. finished it by now, and I'd put it on par with FFVII (my opinion). The only thing I didn't like about the game (besides the ugly bars) is that you have to score almost imposible result on stupid mini games to get the final weapons.. yuch.