PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider....TERRIFYING MOMENTS

TRaiderlover
30th Jun 2002, 04:08
TR1:I remember one my scarriest moments is on the 3rd level I think. When I crossed that waterfall and climbed over that moutain wall. I found bones...on the bones I found a medi pack and some ammo. As I walked in the cave hole behind the bones little as I knew I found a T-REX and the babies staring me down...now that was unexpectingly and scary.That mimicing lara was freaky too!
TR2: The most scary moment here is when I had to face off with these big a@@ spiders. that dragon and the sink of mora dora
that was crazy man everything was upside down.Whoa and that Ice Palace was unexplanable with those bigfoots wooooooooo!they were caged up and all that music was wicked too.Home sweet Home was wild and scary they invaded the da#$ house
TR3:One of my scary moments is when I had to face off with the sub-humans and that mutant spider guy at the end Level called (Meteorite Cavern)and that Alien ship was so freakin crazy because when I entered it men started to come with those guns that point red light. I thought it was some da^& aliens coming at me... thank it wasn't,but those aliens on the table ain't no joke make ya feel they are really out there.
FINALLY TRchronicles: You know Lara's friends and butler is reminising about her,well,its just plain out freaky when the priest remenist. Remember, Lara was nothing but an teenager when she followed the priest, but he didn't know she followed him. The priest went to the island to cast demons away. One of the scary parts was when Lara slid down off the mud on the ground. When she looked up in a flash o lightning a dead corps appeared warning Lara of danger on the Island(with a demonic screechy voice woooooooo! this is one of the reasons I was going to stop playing this game, but I still finished it.Another part is WHEN THESE DEMON STARTED CHASING LARA AND LARA HAD TO BE GUIDED BY THESE FUZZY WHITE PHENOMENAL THINGS(spirits)TO GET AWAY FROM IT!TRUST ME IF YOU HAVENT GOT TO THIS PART YET WELL BE PREPARED TO GET HEART POUNDIN ACTION AND I MEAN IT MAN! The one is that demon that kiddnaped the priest on the horse.The demon looks an like an dark knight and demonic looking mysterious horse. I finished this game,overall this was my favorite game with all of the mystery and action. Yes...I am proud of winning 4 tomb raider games and I'll do it AGAIN! POst your scariest TR moments.......PS:ALL TR ARE BETTER ON THE CONSOLE ESPECIALLY THIS LEVEL ABOUT THE PRIEST MEMORIES! sorry for the long post!! :D :D :D :o :eek:

V_Croft
30th Jun 2002, 09:13
TR1: Sorry, haven't played this one yet...
TR2:I hated Catacombs of Talion... the atmoshere was kind of scary...
TR3: Lost city of Tinnos with those freaky flies (or whatever they were) and that awful demons that came one after the other... Just imagine that TR3 was my first TR!
TRLR: Well, I guess those red spirits scared me a bit!
TRC: You might find this a bit silly but I was scared at Gallows Tree when that little creature started chasing me!
That's it! :D

TRaiderlover
30th Jun 2002, 13:08
Yeah....when those small demons were chasing me and throwing those rocks...... that was the funniest part. At Gallows Tree, that freaky corps guy hanging from the tree was very scary to me!:D :eek:

LARAMANIAC
30th Jun 2002, 13:30
I hate any part where I am being chased - makes me want to pee my pants!!! The one that most springs to mind is on the Oilrig Platform in TRII where Lara wakes up with no guns of any kind and there are three thugs coming at her - scares me to death!!!:p

Solaris
30th Jun 2002, 15:38
Tr1-Alantis when i saw Lara inside out :eek:

Tr2-Floating Islands ..the place was scary looking and the things i had to fight scared me right out of my mind:o
Another thing was the Ice palace ..i am not to fond of Yetis :D

Tr3-Lost city of Tinnos, The voices were not that pleasent...made the setting ver spooky..

Tr4- Havent Played it Yet

Tr5- Old mill..underwater creatures...imps....cossack....(get me??)

Aquarius
30th Jun 2002, 15:50
TR1 - Atlantis, the flying ones have always creeped my out!!!

TR2 - Catacombs of the Talion, the really dark room where there are the yetis that come out to get you!! Still scares me! lol

TR3 - RX Mines I hate the big mutants!! :mad:

TRC - Definitely the Gallows tree w/ the dead guy....

Litepulsar
30th Jun 2002, 23:25
TR1-when those mutants jump out on you, that used to scare the cr*p out of me

TR2-roaring yetis in the dark, and a sense of horrible vertigo when playing the floating islands level... oh yes, the second t-rex looming out of the darkness made me really jump too.

TR3-been a while since I've played it, can't remember the moments that made me jump.

TR4-nope, can't recall this one either

TRC, nothing really made me jump, but I thought those little imps were really cute! Until the little bas.....er evil things...started throwing stones at me.

Kurtis Trent
1st Jul 2002, 00:08
tr1: dont have one

tr2:only played the demo.

tr3:Havent played

tr4:When mummies or skeletons start popping up all around you!!!!!!!!!:eek:

tr5:gallow's tree. with the dead guy who lost his heart. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LarzBritsh
1st Jul 2002, 00:35
TRC, nothing really made me jump, but I thought those little imps were really cute!

Me too! They looked like little white teddy bears.

TR1 - been await since i played this, a longggg while
TR2- Anytime those Yetis popped up
TR3- Willard, (thoses little green dinos are cute too)
TR4- When the room filled with blood, somewhere in the begginning of the game
TR5- The monster in the hole (that Father Patrick, was trying to excorsise) after Lara got the corpse's heart. I was tempted to jump in the hole and see what it looked like, but there was nothing there, just darkness and dead Lara.

Bidy
1st Jul 2002, 02:08
TR1: Only
TR2: Played
TR3: 1 and a half games
TRLR: When the bull was chasing me.
TR5: When the monster was chasing Lara in the levels where she was a teenager. But once I looked at the munster it wasn't that scary. :o

Whenever something is chasing me it doesn't scare me to look at it. I just don't like hearing it come after me and Lara can't run any faster. So I just turn the sound off. :D

TRaiderlover
1st Jul 2002, 02:43
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID........TURNED THE SOUND WAY DOWN!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Raider Sunrise
2nd Jul 2002, 14:00
TR1: I didn't play it.

TR2: Hmmm... That huge green statues in Floating Islands, especially the ones who carry spears. I was so scared that I couldn't move :D I couldn't kill them, my sister did that for me :)

TR3: The huge spider boss. I still haven't completed that level because it scares me sooo much...

TR4: The bull chase.

TR5: The chase with the second cyborg. I hate it when something chases Lara.

JohnnyZ
3rd Jul 2002, 13:37
TR1: giant mutant thing, and also in atlantis levels and city of khammon etc where those jumping red mutants came jumping around the corneres scacring me half to death with their high pitched scrieking!! aarrgg :(

TR2: Giant spiders in spooky cave in the temple of xian level, it was sooooooo dark in that cave even when u lighted a flare! and when the spiders started landing on top of me that was it i wouldnt go back in their for days!! lol
Also the huge dragon in the dragons liar, he was scary to kill, and i almost died when i read in the soloution book that u had to wait till he was down and actually go up to the thing to pull the daggar out of it's belly, the first time i did it, he woke up before i got there and that was it i was toast! luckly i plucked up enough courage to try again lol oh and the yetis :(

TR3:Giant spider, oh my god when the level loaded and there was this thing chasing me around in a circle i almost died i was so scared it tooks me weeks to kill him it was so hard!! and he always used to get me when i was coming back after i had collected an artifact, lol

TR4: erm the final scene where lara fell down pit i almost cried cos i thought that that was the end of TR and lara had died, lol
amazingly nothing else really scared me in this game!

TR5: young lara levels and that demon hanging from the tree aargggg

TRaiderlover
3rd Jul 2002, 14:01
I think TR chronicles is the most scarriest one I have ever played so far.:eek: I mean, the other TR that I have outlined to the the top is freaky too, but TR chronicles is terrifying!:eek:

Solaris
6th Jul 2002, 00:00
Originally posted by Litepulsar
TRC, nothing really made me jump, but I thought those little imps were really cute! Until the little bas.....er evil things...started throwing stones at me.

You thought they were cute!!????
They were scary looking to me..but those little grr's throwing stones at me:mad: :mad: :mad:

anyother way they made Ireland worth playing:p :D

thanhkim
6th Jul 2002, 01:02
T Rex did it or me

TRaiderlover
6th Jul 2002, 01:15
I think it was funny when Lara threw that ancient stick at those little imps. It was so funny when they scattered all of sudden!:D :D :D

AOD510123
8th Jul 2002, 04:11
Tr1:Don't have any.
Tr2:The dragon.
Tr3:The spider.
Tr4:Don't have any.
Tr5:Gallows Tree when the dead guy had no heart.

AmO
8th Jul 2002, 06:47
at the creatures in atlantis and the yeti's, the noise they made sent chills up my spine!! :eek:

purple rain
8th Jul 2002, 12:48
i hate hate haaaate the yetis in tr2
and whatever that demon is that starts chasing you in the labyrinth level in trc. i hate that thing

Yojimbo
10th Jul 2002, 03:38
TR1: that alien thing that mimics lara in that big room in some Atlantis level or other (I know that that's rather vague, but you know what I mean. Don't rmember it well). I found that part extremly unnerving.
TR: yeah, the yetis. Especially the first one, which you just hear moving around and roaring away below you for awhile before you see it.

TRaiderlover
11th Jul 2002, 13:02
Yeah!......I hope the next TR game (AOD) have some wild parts like the past TR games. Those parts made the game exciting and interesting!:eek: :eek:

V_Croft
11th Jul 2002, 13:15
In TRC in that story in which Lara scares the imps with that stick... did you notice two of them fighting in the background? I laughed a lot there!

TRaiderlover
12th Jul 2002, 14:17
Yeah....and after the imps stop fighting each other they scattered crazy....I wonder if they have an part like that in other games because it was hilarious!:D :D :D

HikingBoots
12th Jul 2002, 16:53
Tr1- Nothing really scared me, but I was startled when things came out at me unexpectedly.
Tr2- Everything after Barkhang Monestary
Tr3- In Antarctica, that damn shack where the mutant comes out at you. I couldn't look at my playstation for days.
Tr4- When I first went through those dark levels in Cairo
Tr5- When I turned around in Ireland, and there was this skeleton thingy with a sword. I nearly pissedpants myself.

Godfather
12th Jul 2002, 17:31
Originally posted by TRaiderlover
TR1:I remember one my scarriest moments is on the 3rd level I think. When I crossed that waterfall and climbed over that moutain wall. I found bones...on the bones I found a medi pack and some ammo. As I walked in the cave hole behind the bones little as I knew I found a T-REX and the babies staring me down...now that was unexpectingly and scary.

Babies?!!! :confused: :)

I hate to tell you this, but there hasn't been a single baby T-rex in any Tomb Raider-game whatsoever so far. :eek: What you mean is (besides an actual T-rex) a herd of Velociraptors (or Deinonychusses which is a very similar-looking dinosaur, but I'd go for the raptor because they were present in all of the Jurassic Park-movies as well!) You better watch Jurassic Park: The Lost world again if you don't believe me and compare the baby T-rex (at the end of the movie) with the attacking (and amazing!!!!) Velociraptors in the high grass eating the group of men one by one.

I hope you don't mind that I'm telling you this, but you are wrong unfortunately. Nothing to be embarrassed or sad about; but they're definitely Velociraptors. I used to be a REAL dino-freak and man!! I've loved these creatures!! :cool: :D

By the way: they're back in Tomb Raider III! :)

TRaiderlover
12th Jul 2002, 18:37
Yeah....Raptors is what I meant....thanks! I haven't been an dino fan for years now! TR3 T-Rex was easier to kill since it was easy for me to hide and kill him.:eek: :eek: :eek:

TRaiderlover
12th Jul 2002, 18:47
By the way...... I have all TR games and beat'em all except TRLR. Chronicles was short, but it's my favorite yet, especially when I had to gas and fry the cyborgs or robots. I'm a an proud owner of TR games and I am soon to get TRLR. The dragon on TR2 is cooool,but hard to beat and scary!

Solaris
12th Jul 2002, 20:40
I think by far the scariest thing in TR2 (which i found since i am playin it yet again) is in the Catacombs of the Tailon when you enter the dark room and you here the Yeti's below you..that was freaky..it took hours to realize they were caged..but then when i found the switched AMBUSH!!!!:eek:

But i beat them quite easily with my Uzis...:rolleyes:

in what level are you supposed to get the M16 and Uzis in TR2??
I have been using the weapons code cheat and i always wondered till what level i had to last without my babies...:D

TRaiderlover
12th Jul 2002, 22:57
I think it is at the sunkinship....can't recall the level, but I think it's called 50 fathoms .The m16 should be inside the upside down ship. I don't know about the uzis, but the grenade launcher is at the Opra House. In a room were all those tall boxes are. Sorry if I wasn't a big help:( Good Luck!!;)

cjhilljack
12th Jul 2002, 23:22
TR1 - that whole dinosaur thing
TR2 - the spiders in that cave in the Temple of Xian, also the sounds all through that level & Floating Islands & those huge Xian guards - they were so quick & they just sort of freaked me out a bit - but that little dance they did when they killed Lara was kinda funny
TR3 - I haven't finished this game yet, so can't say yet
TRLR - I was wracking my brain on this one, has been too long since I've played it, but I have to say those weird creatures somewhere in Alexandria that I remember killing quite effectively with the exploding arrows for the crossbow - I don't know what they were called but they scared me!
TRC - nothing was particularly spine-tingling here, but that thing at the gallows tree was a bit creepy

Godfather
13th Jul 2002, 00:09
I think the only Tomb Raider-game so far that contains scary stuff, is Tomb Raider II. Neither the first one, the third one, the fourth or the fifth one contain one really scary moment. But in Tomb Raider II, the *below-mentioned-moments* are the ones that still even today make the hair on my arms raise!! :eek:

1. The part where you enter a dark room and those Yeti's are below you. When you've done this part many times, you know what to expect (although it's still quite creepy), but when you don't!! Oh, Lord! Then you're frozen with your feet to the ground; not knowing what to do!

2. When Lara is at the bottom of the ocean surrounded by sharks with only a limited time of being able to hold her breath, I find that level very scary (I DO however play all games with lights out and head phone on my ... err ... head?) and even today when I see this little fast-pacing white fish coming closer .. I'm kinda afraid of sharks ... virtual or not! :D

3. And of course: the spider-level! Verrrrrry Scaarrrrrryyy!

TRaiderlover
13th Jul 2002, 00:54
Yeah....those abonible snowmen(yetis)were freaky especially when they were caged up! But when you realease them they are uncontrolable. You have to kill them with the grenade launcher because they are fast! The alienship on TR3 was scarry because I didn't know if aliens would have appeared. Thank God nothing like that happened!:rolleyes:

Aquarius
13th Jul 2002, 02:34
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian
I think by far the scariest thing in TR2 (which i found since i am playin it yet again) is in the Catacombs of the Tailon when you enter the dark room and you here the Yeti's below you..that was freaky..it took hours to realize they were caged..but then when i found the switched AMBUSH!!!!:eek:

But i beat them quite easily with my Uzis...:rolleyes:

in what level are you supposed to get the M16 and Uzis in TR2??
I have been using the weapons code cheat and i always wondered till what level i had to last without my babies...:D

If I remember correctly, you can get the Uzis for the first time in Bartolli's Hideout. Then, you can get them back in Offshore Oilrig, if you get all of the secrets.

Grenade Launcher, the first time you can get it, is if you get all the secrets in Great Wall.

Finally, the M16. You can find it towards the end of 'The Wreck of the Maria Doria'. In the room at the end of the level, where there is the glass ceiling (on the floor, that you go through to exit the level) there's a smaller room where you'll find the M16, make sure to have flares, because it's quite dark in there!! :)

Solaris
13th Jul 2002, 23:56
Originally posted by Godfather
I think the only Tomb Raider-game so far that contains scary stuff, is Tomb Raider II. Neither the first one, the third one, the fourth or the fifth one contain one really scary moment. But in Tomb Raider II, the *below-mentioned-moments* are the ones that still even today make the hair on my arms raise!! :eek:

1. The part where you enter a dark room and those Yeti's are below you. When you've done this part many times, you know what to expect (although it's still quite creepy), but when you don't!! Oh, Lord! Then you're frozen with your feet to the ground; not knowing what to do!

2. When Lara is at the bottom of the ocean surrounded by sharks with only a limited time of being able to hold her breath, I find that level very scary (I DO however play all games with lights out and head phone on my ... err ... head?) and even today when I see this little fast-pacing white fish coming closer .. I'm kinda afraid of sharks ... virtual or not! :D

3. And of course: the spider-level! Verrrrrry Scaarrrrrryyy!

I know right..no other TR has scared me..at least not like TR2..well i might be lieing.bu Tr2 is the scariest!!
Yetis,Dragons,Statues, and Spiders..OH MY!!:eek:

Thanxs Aquarius..i think ill stick with the cheats..:rolleyes:

V_Croft
14th Jul 2002, 13:40
Yetis? Aaah!
http://www.videogame.it/emoticons/images1/015.gif http://www.videogame.it/emoticons/images1/028.gif

TombLady
14th Jul 2002, 13:57
In my case, I don't get very scared with enemies-but I do HATE irresistible forces, such as falling rocks or snowballs.

TRaiderlover
14th Jul 2002, 15:32
Yeah....especially when they catch you off guard then that quick scary music starts up.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Crofterz
14th Jul 2002, 16:24
*shudder*
Oh.... I soooooo hated the spiders..... I freak over little ones anyways... but to be a whole room of them, an they are bigger then Lara's head, AND they're tryin 2 kill her..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

TR1: Not much... the T-Rex and the raptors all at once was not fun, but hey...
TR2: The spiders, and the yetis, and the dragon, and the sharks, and the eels, and drowning all the time....
TR3: Not finished this yet
TR4: Not played
TR5: The hanged guy.... and then once I was on the level where she wears the suit underwater, and then she goes back in the ship, and for some weird reason she was invisible - I couldn't see her, and the bit in the cut scene where the guards grab her arms, there was just a gap between them - I could hear her but I couldn't see her, that sooooooo freaked me out!!!

Solaris
14th Jul 2002, 17:16
i really do hate when the music comes up and gets me all scared and then i wonder why it came up when nothing attacked me. Then i realize why and die because a Boulder..or flame thrower comes....:(

I should be more alert. The music has its purposes and its a good way to tell you whats safe and whats not;) Thank you Scary music.

V_Croft where did you get the smilie faces??

TRaiderlover
14th Jul 2002, 21:46
Agree! The music tells you what's good and what's not good. Actually it's pretty exciting because it means you are getting really far in the game, or stumbling on something big!:eek: :eek: :eek:

V_Croft
15th Jul 2002, 08:06
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian:
V_Croft where did you get the smilie faces??

www.videogame.it/emoticons
http://www.videogame.it/emoticons/images1/024.gif There ya go!

Chronicles5
15th Jul 2002, 08:12
also try www.mysmilies.com thats where i go :)

V_Croft
15th Jul 2002, 08:22
@Cronicles5: Thanks, i didn't know that one http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/otn/wink/wink_2.gif

TRaiderlover
15th Jul 2002, 15:20
Those are cool faces!:cool: :cool: :cool:

SethKoopa
9th May 2005, 16:19
TR1 - When those lions jumped out at me from around a corner in the Colosseum. Apart from that, nothing really scared me.

TR2 - Those big spiders in the Temple of Xian. The darkness, and that they came down from the air to land on me. To see Lara bathed in that huge shadow... It was too much for me. I had to force myself to venture through that area. I didn't even have the sound on. And I played blindly to avoid seeing the spiders drop on me - once I knew where to go, of course.

TR3 - Ooh boy, plenty of things I can mention here (and this was my first Tomb Raider game, mind, and the last one I finished):

- That industrial cleaner in Thames wharf. It scared the hell out of me, dealing with it, knowing I had only seconds to move that crate and get out of the way. Those rats in London also gave me quite a fright.
- When the dogs jumped 'round corners in Aldwych. Man, how I jumped!
- That 'target practice' included in the fifth secret in Aldwych. I cursed Sinjin.
- When the vultures were suddenly on me in the Nevada desert.
- When the tribesmen snuck up on me in the Coastal village.
- When the lizards snuck up on me in Madubu gorge.
- RX-Tech mines. The bottom rail. That really dark, steamy corridor. Goodness, how I jumped as the giant mutant was upon me!
- Lost city of Tinnos. I was walking down the broken bridge, hearing this music. I was speculating on how to jump the gap when I turned to the right and - my heart skipped a beat - saw these humongous wasp things! I'm really afraid of wasps in real life and that really sent me out of my skin, if that's possible.
- Same level, having managed to collect the third secret (the obstacle course one) on my second try, and climbing up on the crate once back inside the city to deal with those wasps. Suddenly, out of nowhere, one came onto the screen behind me. I had to pause. I got up from my seat and walked out into the hallway to catch my breath. Man I was shocked!

TRLR:
- The way those jackals suddenly appeared in the Burial chambers.
- Those scorpions sometimes gave me quite a fright when they came out of nowhere in the Karnak levels.
- Dealing with the Guardian of Semerkhet. Running, knowing he is chasing you and a much faster runner - I hate being chased and to be snuck upon, in case you haven't noticed.
- Desert railroad, when Von Croy's henchmen suddenly appeared.
- In the Catacombs and Temple of Poseidon, the way these skeletons suddenly appeared.
- Those knights suddenly appearing in the Lost library.
- I hate those flying beetles. Especially in Citadel gate. They gave me a fright to rival that of the wasps in TR3. Luckily, I had the sense to guess what was behind that truck so I wasn't too shocked.

TRC: The VCI levels. Especially that cyborg chase.

aktrekker
9th May 2005, 23:54
Whoa!!! Talk about resurrecting an old post..... :)