PDA

View Full Version : First rewind... weird

Nareull
16th Nov 2015, 23:04
Ok, so Max can rewind time in two ways - either using her "hand" to go back seconds (whilst remaining in place) or via a picture to go back further, but with limits as to how far she can go from where the picture was taken or how long she can stay (plus it seems the picture needs to feature her).

There are two cases in this game where Max's rewind works differently. For one, returning to the butterfly picture shouldn't work as Max is not on the picture, but let's assume that it's not really necessary and that any picture that was taken near her will do.

The really weird rewind, however, happens when Max sees Chloe die in the bathroom. She uses her "hand rewind" and for reasons unknown to me, she's not only back in time, she's also physically moved back to class. She should have remained in the bathroom.
How did that happen?

Azuardo
17th Nov 2015, 00:45
There's also the fact she saw the tornado before she ever used the rewind when she woke up in class the first time. Don't know if I've misunderstood something regarding why that occurs.

But on the topic, I wish I knew. It's possible Max was able to go back to further points in time with her ability, but she possibly didn't realise how to do it, with this first instance happening by "accident" (even though she does seem to do the same hand action that lets her rewind minutes at a time).

Or, since this is the first time she does the rewind, perhaps things get "jumbled up" and it jumps back by a large amount.

Or... the developers didn't think it through... Or they've left it up to us to speculate.

Post Episode 1 spoilers:
This also reminds me of when time froze, and Max was able to run slow-mo, when Kate was on the roof. Was that also Max's doing, as she tried and tried to get through the pain and keep using her rewind? Time is still stopped whilst she and Kate talk on the roof. Or was this a side effect of Max's time-travelling; the universe messing up, like when the two moons appear, or the eclipse occurs, etc?

So many questions...

KristaD
20th Nov 2015, 13:40
Ok, so Max can rewind time in two ways - either using her "hand" to go back seconds (whilst remaining in place) or via a picture to go back further, but with limits as to how far she can go from where the picture was taken or how long she can stay (plus it seems the picture needs to feature her).

There are two cases in this game where Max's rewind works differently. For one, returning to the butterfly picture shouldn't work as Max is not on the picture, but let's assume that it's not really necessary and that any picture that was taken near her will do.

The really weird rewind, however, happens when Max sees Chloe die in the bathroom. She uses her "hand rewind" and for reasons unknown to me, she's not only back in time, she's also physically moved back to class. She should have remained in the bathroom.
How did that happen?

Maxine doesn't have to be in the picture itself, just connected to it, like she too the picture of the butterfly.

The first rewind is unintentional as she just reacts to Chloe getting shot and goes all the way back to the classroom, this is a common trope regarding powers of any kind, the complete lack of control.

Tataboj
15th Dec 2015, 17:28
Max actually is on the picture. You can clearly see the reflection.

YourFriend0
14th Jan 2016, 18:56

How did that happen?

Ok,so according to your post everything you were devoting your attention to were mistakes of the game?!
So that's how some people enjoy the game...Life is really strange!

shnoopix
15th Jan 2016, 09:35
Her first run to the bathroom could simply be an other vision. Or since it's the kickstart of her power, it just works a little different.