PDA

View Full Version : Black Screen On Game Load Up [Resolved]

ZeRoCoOLUK
15th Nov 2015, 17:44
Ive played the game for several hours over the last couple of days and come back to play it today, loaded up the game and went to make a drink i came back to find my tv sitting on a black screen so i closed the game and re opened it for it to show the tomb raider splash screen before it loads up then it go straight to the black screen and stay on it.

ive tried uninstalling every aspect of the game and starting it as a fresh install and nothing, ive read through some other threads and seen it could be a language issue but my console has always been set to English and ive played it previously without and issue.

for my game to not even load up to the menus is a huge joke ive now got what seems to be a £50 paper weight.

Quick update;
Got the game working after an hour or messing around and googling for solutions, turned out it was as simple as turning my console off unplugging the power brick waiting a couple seconds and plugging it back in however I shouldn't of had to go through a problem like this for a game not to work at all shouldn't happen.

EdwinPouwel
15th Nov 2015, 19:27
I'm facing simulair problems. But I did not had the change to play the game at all. After installing the game from a fisical disc on my Xbox one Elite, and install the update, i want to play the game. The movie with Lara on a mounten, were she is talking with a black guy, starts but when the movie ends a black screen is shown and that's it. I tried for 3 days to get arround it. I installed the game many times again, even without the update. I even replaced the game disc for a new one. But no result. No possibilety to play the game.
I hope that we will get soon a fix for this.

Edwin

ZeRoCoOLUK
15th Nov 2015, 19:42
I'm facing simulair problems. But I did not had the change to play the game at all. After installing the game from a fisical disc on my Xbox one Elite, and install the update, i want to play the game. The movie with Lara on a mounten, were she is talking with a black guy, starts but when the movie ends a black screen is shown and that's it. I tried for 3 days to get arround it. I installed the game many times again, even without the update. I even replaced the game disc for a new one. But no result. No possibilety to play the game.
I hope that we will get soon a fix for this.

Edwin

this sound like another bug all together and is to do with the Xbox language you have set,

look at this thread it might help you - http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=183375&p=2185093#post2185093

the problem i am facing however is now this - video of problem : / https://youtu.be/qTNK9lybiR4

EdwinPouwel
16th Nov 2015, 21:17
Probleem is solved. Changing the language of my Xbox one from Dutch to English solved the problem.

Edwin