PDA

View Full Version : Future Locations

Aquarius
30th Jun 2002, 03:31
Decided to bring this one back from the dead of the old forum. And this time, we even have a poll!! :)

Where would you like to see Lara go in future TRs??

1. The Bahamas

2. Australia

3. New Zealand

4. The Congo

5. Machu Piccu

6. China (not Tibet)

7. Tokyo

8. Germany

9. London

10. Other

(Note: If you put other, tell where, if you want...)

Just in case my post isn't seen at the end of this: For China, it includes places like Hong Kong, Beijing, Three Gorges Dam (now Three Gorges could be really interesting....)

Chronicles5
30th Jun 2002, 03:42
though lara has already been to several of those places, they would all make good levels, and you may see some of those locations in my upcoming trle levels! ;)

Aquarius
30th Jun 2002, 03:53
Originally posted by Chronicles5
though lara has already been to several of those places, they would all make good levels, and you may see some of those locations in my upcoming trle levels! ;)

I thought the only one Lara has been to is London??

She was in Peru, but not in Machu Piccu, and she was in China/Tibet.

Chronicles5
30th Jun 2002, 04:02
also in mirais famous custom level, she went to tokyo, guess im hanging on a thread here, lol never mind :o

V_Croft
30th Jun 2002, 09:21
Tokyo would be cool! :D

whitemetal
30th Jun 2002, 11:44
Australia still has a lot of unexplored areas especially in Tasmania
it also has a lot of mystical places sacred to the aboriginals. These are excellent places for new adventures.:)

LARAMANIAC
30th Jun 2002, 13:49
I would like to see Lara go to Scotland. Scotland is steeped in Celtic history and I'm sure there must be some ancient artifacts hidden up there for Lara to find!!!!!:p

cjhilljack
30th Jun 2002, 22:27
Alcatraz - I'm sure there is something interesting that could be done with that.

I would have to say the Bermuda Triangle is a close second...then Tokyo & Australia from the list.:cool:

shirl123
30th Jun 2002, 22:38
I voted for Australia, because I think...it'll be cool :p
but I think that it'll be the coolest if she'll travel in the dead sea (Israel)....there are lots of caves and stuff over there...

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 00:39
Originally posted by cjhilljack
Alcatraz - I'm sure there is something interesting that could be done with that.

I would have to say the Bermuda Triangle is a close second...then Tokyo & Australia from the list.:cool:

Another great idea - I am so impressed with the imaginations of everyone on this forum!

Aquarius - you really hit the jackpot of creativity here! :)

I hope Core is listening....

Zymoticus
1st Jul 2002, 01:30
I put "Other" even though I think several of the choices are great.

This is totally off-the-wall, but has anyone ever considered "Lara In Space"?
At the risk of cliche', it would be a hoot to have her do an independent expedition to Mars (pursued, of course, by a Bad Guy or two,) to investigate some ancient, alien outpost - then give a sly wink to one of NASA's Mars Exploration Rovers on her way out :D
It would be an excellent nod to Robert Zubrin - (an engineer/author who maintains that we could have human settlements on Mars in less than a decade, using existing technology, instead of NASA's unmanned, "slow-mo" approach.)

Also there is lots of speculation about life on Europa....though Jupiter's radiation could be a bit of a problem. A new breakthrough in lightweight shielding materials would be in order...hmmmm.

"Lara In Space" may be such a departure from the core identity (pun intended) of the TR concept that it would trivialize it, but if handled the right way it could be brilliant....

[N.B. - I blame this silliness entirely on a listen, earlier today, to "Space Groove" by ProjeKct Two, a.k.a. King Crimson... There is, in fact, a tune on it called "Laura In Space"! ]:cool:

Prelude
1st Jul 2002, 01:43
Oo Oo The Bahamas, *claps hands* I've always wanted to go there :cool:

Bidy
1st Jul 2002, 02:16
I can just picture the Crocodile Hunter following her around. *Get the "beep" away from me you wannabe* (The Crocodile Hunter is married ya know.)

TRaiderlover
1st Jul 2002, 02:55
It would be great if Lara go inside the The Devils Triangle.....it would be interesting what she can discover. I mean she discovered and uncovered Area 51, and not to mention found those aliens, and the alien ship.:eek: :eek: If she did that she can do this too.;) :cool:

MountainDewNut
1st Jul 2002, 03:36
Tokyo would be the most :eek: AWESOME :eek: place to play in!

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 13:56
Originally posted by Zymoticus
This is totally off-the-wall, but has anyone ever considered "Lara In Space"?

actually, Jeffrey Van Oort is making a series of trle space levels, a group of people (including me) are helping him.

@LARAMANIAC- Lara has been to Scotland ;)

@Whitemetal- I am seriously going to consider Australia a series in my game now ;)

bene
1st Jul 2002, 14:52
No One Lives Forever had a great Space level and it really was fun and it's about the only place Lara hasn't been but I would like to see her in Florida!.................Gators, hurricanes, sink holes, swamps, Indian villages,etc.
and, of course, sun gl*****.

bene
1st Jul 2002, 14:55
that's sun gl***** in the above post. Why I couldn't edit it - I don't know!

V_Croft
1st Jul 2002, 15:00
what's the deal with sun gl*****? I mean why is it gl***** ?

bene
1st Jul 2002, 15:54
V_Croft - that's what I would like to know.
It's suppose to be: what we all wear to shield our eyes from the sun but it ends up sun gl*****..............because the last letters spell a word not to be used??????? ............ it doesn't make much sense.

cjhilljack
1st Jul 2002, 16:31
I think we have enough for an entire game now, if it were to be designed around the most popular votes.

:D

Aquarius
1st Jul 2002, 20:01
I keep forgetting to add this:

For the China choice, that includes places like Hong Kong and Beijing.

:)

T_R_613
1st Jul 2002, 21:18
I'd like to see her go to Machu Piccu, The Congo, The Bahamas, also I don't kno if she's already been here, what up about way up North in the Artic like have it have something to do with the northern lights, etc. it would be a pretty level at least.

Aquarius
2nd Jul 2002, 22:02
Thought I'd give this a gentle nudge to put it back towards the top.

*Nudge, nudge* ;)

Solaris
5th Jul 2002, 03:26
I chose other and the place i think would be most interesting for Lara to be in is :

Dominican Republic (im from there and it would be great to see her there too!):D
She has to be sure to get herself a donkey though:p now way of travelling by car through there! (To dangerous)

I think she'll be finding the lost fruit drink in D.R...cause she is gonna be in the beaches over there...beautiful beaches they have too (i sure miss that place..and sorry for the corny joke on the fruit drink:o aint to good on jokes)

hehe..

HikingBoots
7th Jul 2002, 01:32
Wouldn't it be cool if she went to Canada?
She could run into a mountie!!

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 19:22
Well for that reason then, she should come to Michigan too!! lol She could explore one of the countless shipwrecks, or go through the forests of the UP. She could even have a run in with a Yooper! :D

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 19:35
@Aquarius: Hong Kong? -->Oh, that would be awesome!
I would also like seeing her in Korea... :D

Aquarius
7th Jul 2002, 20:00
Originally posted by V_Croft
@Aquarius: Hong Kong? -->Oh, that would be awesome!
I would also like seeing her in Korea... :D

I wish I could edit the choices now, so I could change China to Hong Kong/Korea. lol Two different areas in the world, but it'd probably work out for a poll.

Hope there are some moderators listening! You know, the ones that have the power to edit polls. :p

V_Croft
7th Jul 2002, 20:03
Hope there are some moderators listening! You know, the ones that have the power to edit polls.

Anyone??? Hello???

HikingBoots
7th Jul 2002, 22:17
Originally posted by Aquarius
Well for that reason then, she should come to Michigan too!! lol She could explore one of the countless shipwrecks, or go through the forests of the UP. She could even have a run in with a Yooper! :D

MY GOD! They could add me into the game!!! They could have little HikingBoots running around in the Forests of the U.P.!!!

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 01:42
LOL!!

Yeah, but what would she try to get in the woods?? The Chippewa tribe was in the U.P, wasn't it?? She could maybe try to find some ancient Native American artifact..... Or she could explore one of the shipwreck to find some priceless statue or something.

cjhilljack
8th Jul 2002, 17:12
She could even have a run in with a Yooper! :D

What is a Yooper?

Aquarius
8th Jul 2002, 18:54
A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Normally, anyone that lives in Michigan doesn't take the time to say Upper Peninsula, so we just call it the U.P. So then someone from the U.P. would be a U.P'er, and somehow it just ended up becoming 'Yooper'.

There's also a store/tourist spot near Marquette that's called 'The Yooper'. :)

cjhilljack
9th Jul 2002, 14:32
:D :D :D :D :D

fourletterword
9th Jul 2002, 19:57
./My preferred location for Lara to go to would be Australia, as I think it's a great country to go to :)

Aquarius
20th Nov 2002, 01:04
Wow, this thread came back from the dead. lol I wonder who voted. lol

I can't even remember what I had voted for! lol :D :p

total_inferno
20th Nov 2002, 01:54
ok just for my curiosity i wanna try this none working word... glasses

HikingBoots
20th Nov 2002, 02:19
A Yooper is someone from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Normally, anyone that lives in Michigan doesn't take the time to say Upper Peninsula, so we just call it the U.P. So then someone from the U.P. would be a U.P'er, and somehow it just ended up becoming 'Yooper'.

There's also a store/tourist spot near Marquette that's called 'The Yooper'. :)
Also see "Pastie"

Aquarius
20th Nov 2002, 02:21
You know, for living in Michigan, I've never actually had a pastie. lol And there's a bakery/store not too far from here that I've heard makes really good pasties. lol :p I should probably try one, one of these days.

HikingBoots
20th Nov 2002, 02:23
If you've had a chicken pot pie, you've had a pastie.
Aquarius, did you hear? I'm moving!! I'm no longer going to be the forum Yooper anymore :(

Aquarius
20th Nov 2002, 02:29
I guess I have then. lol :p But I still haven't had a 'homemade' pastie to say.

Where are you moving to?

HikingBoots
20th Nov 2002, 03:04
Dunno, but if I'm heading down your way I'll let ya know.

Jraider3000
20th Nov 2002, 23:32
I'd like to see her go to Greece (I can't spell). As I've mentioned in other topics, I'd love to see her face creatures from Greek Mythology.:D