PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - November 13th, 2015

Oghamsmith
13th Nov 2015, 15:46
http://i.imgur.com/eB2NsT0.png

Denizens of Nosgoth,

Today’s update focuses on crushing most of the remaining League bugs to bring the system into quite a solid state, as well as addressing a multitude of other bugs.

General Improvements

Friday the 13th is Lucky for you. Get Double XP across all game modes from 5PM GMT on the 13th to 5PM GMT on the 14th of November.
Gear in your inventory, armoury and the store now has a responsive interface, meaning your interaction options will be displayed to you when you hover over the gear, rather than requiring you to right click on it to bring up the menu first.

Bug Fixes

Joining a friend via Steam no longer prevents you from accessing all classes during initial loadout selection
Damage delivered after your death now contributes toward your overall damage dealt during the half, as well as any 1000 damage bonus’ that you may have due.
The – 0 Leaver penalty bug has been fixed
Anti-Aliasing is now applied consistently when booting into the game. Turn it on and those jaggies should melt away!
Upon ranking, you should now be greeted with a more bombastic celebration screen
On the rare occasion, the matchmaking gods decided that gathering 7 people together to chat in a lobby would be more fun than finding an 8th and jumping into a match. We’ve managed to convince them that the opposite is true.
The League tab at the end of the match should now display for players who join a League game from Play > Online
The first League placement match now displays the League progress tab, as well as placement screen
Various localisation issues have been addressed
A fringe case issue that caused opening chests with keys to error out has been corrected
Gamepad – Binding default keys to other functionality no longer retains the functionality of the initial binding
Spawning with a class at any stage during the game, and playing through to round completion without dying; would lead to the time spent with that class during that life not contributing to overall time played.
Alchemists below 200 HP who use Immolation on a Vampire and die as a result, will now have the damage that they dealt during that heroic endeavour contributed to the scoreboard.
Eldritch Guard saves are now tracked correctly on your profile tab
Mouse-over tooltips now display correctly when looking at party member’s boosters
The Scout’s Stormbow description now displays its explosive radius
Damage values are now displayed for killing blows
Your ears will now be greeted by dulcet tones when you open a chest
The Alchemist’s powers of telekinesis have been removed from the Armoury preview screen. She no longer levitates the Multicannon in front of her hands.
Banners no longer destroy eardrums when equipped and removed
Ability icons no longer randomly appear too far to the right
Teammate pictures in the top left corner will no longer try to sprint away from each other. Odd blank spaces between them will no longer occur.
Plenty of petroleum jelly has been applied to the League qualification animation so that it now glides smoothly through the entire animation cycle.
The League reward tab has had it's icon upated to apply across all future League rewards

BZiGER
13th Nov 2015, 16:15
Waiting to start playing Ranked. Somehow strange timing for update. Why not done this in the morning ?

J_Walker
13th Nov 2015, 16:40
The Alchemist’s powers of telepathy have been removed from the Armoury preview screen. She no longer levitates the Multicannon in front of her hands.

FixLog level Troll :D

Looking forward the game to be online shortly.

Oghamsmith
13th Nov 2015, 17:06
Waiting to start playing Ranked. Somehow strange timing for update. Why not done this in the morning ?
We're back online!

We'll it's the morning somewhere in the world, right? :P

FixLog level Troll :D

Looking forward the game to be online shortly.
It's been a loooooong week :P.

SirDoug74
13th Nov 2015, 18:22
The double Xp bonus is a lie, no extra xp at all... its boring that they advertise something that wont work, same as the keys for the capture the body.
Or maybe is it because i've got this bug that makes the "human tutorial" "vampire tutorial" and all the pages you have when you first open the game (inventory, profil...) that pops after every singlegame as if i just opened the game for the first time, also that my baner and Xp/gold bonuses get off after each game as well.

i dont know but all this is starting to be annoying

Sirfy1
13th Nov 2015, 22:07
Damage delivered after your death now contributes toward your overall damage dealt during the half, as well as any 1000 damage bonus’ that you may have due.
OMG THANK YOU! This one has been making me very sad for over a year now.

The double Xp bonus is a lie, no extra xp at all...
If it's the same as it always has been, you don't see the double exp show up when you get them [such as when you get 100xp for a kill, it won't pop up saying 200xp] You still get it! It's just all calculated and added on after the match! [Most noticeable if you are lower than lvl50...check what your exp is at the end of the match, then look at your profile and it should be higher than that]
Though I don't know why by now they never did anything about making these double exp events show up visually during the game ;) Would make it a bit more exciting!

Oghamsmith
13th Nov 2015, 22:49
OMG THANK YOU! This one has been making me very sad for over a year now.

If it's the same as it always has been, you don't see the double exp show up when you get them [such as when you get 100xp for a kill, it won't pop up saying 200xp] You still get it! It's just all calculated and added on after the match! [Most noticeable if you are lower than lvl50...check what your exp is at the end of the match, then look at your profile and it should be higher than that]
Though I don't know why by now they never did anything about making these double exp events show up visually during the game ;) Would make it a bit more exciting!

Glad you like the update Sirfy1!

And yes, that's the way the XP calculations are working at the moment. The reason that nothing has changed in that regard is simply that other bug fixes (such as the aforementioned damage calculations), were higher priorities.

Sirfy1
13th Nov 2015, 23:09
Oh I understand! And real bug fixes are always much appreciated!
I think maybe when double XP events are announced, that a reminder of how they are calculated should be added in. At least until it changes visually. I only know how they work because Saikocat mentioned it..probably over a year ago somewhere in the forums.

J_Walker
14th Nov 2015, 18:06
After this patch I've got more crashes.Also,league is unplayable cause I only get unbalanced teams.
Thing is ,I'm not mad.I just wonder why I have to play with new recruits for 3 days in a row,vs esl stack or new recruits vs decent players.
If I have to lose I just want to lose having a balanced team.
Said this,even if I win a match,I only gets few points,like 2/3.Which makes no sense.
Am I cursed?

Da_Wolv
16th Nov 2015, 17:36
Request:
Make 1v4 and 2v4 also end after a short countdown!
I had my 4th Troll today, refusing to leave the game and just running around in camo and speed perk.
This is retarted and needs to go.

Ygdrasel
18th Nov 2015, 09:30
Request:
Make 1v4 and 2v4 also end after a short countdown!
I had my 4th Troll today, refusing to leave the game and just running around in camo and speed perk.
This is retarted and needs to go.

Don't call things retarded if you can't spell the word. /petpeeve

How would auto-ending such games help that scenario? You could manually leave the game - or play it to its finish because a running-about troll in no way prevents this - for the same result.

Vampmaster
18th Nov 2015, 10:47

How would auto-ending such games help that scenario? You could manually leave the game - or play it to its finish because a running-about troll in no way prevents this - for the same result.

Also, how can a speed buff be retarded, when by definition 'retarded' would be a speed nerf? (j/k)

Da_Wolv
18th Nov 2015, 13:54

So I should abandon a won match just because some clown likes running around doing nothing to annoy me?
Hell no.

Worst part is this: If you win the first match 10:30, it will take almost 10min to find and kill the guy 10x - since theres just one target to contribute to the score.

Oghamsmith
19th Nov 2015, 10:55
The 1v4 scenario is certainly a situation that we're keeping an eye on, but it occurs with such irregularity at this moment in time that other developments are taking priority over it. We're continuing to keep an eye on the situation.