PDA

View Full Version : [Xbox one] Mission "Gulag Recon" won't complete. [Under Investigation]

KyleLiddell
13th Nov 2015, 14:29
[physical disc] When I go to turn in the "Gulag Recon" mission, the quest giver says "welcome back, what did you learn?" But when I try to turn it in, it just makes the sons effect for pressing a button and doesn't do anything. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't do anything. This is preventing me from gaining 100% in this hub. This is during the main campaign after competing the story. I have not completed the game in a different save slot.

MeaganMarie
14th Nov 2015, 01:05
Thanks for the information. We're looking into this!

Tecstar70
14th Nov 2015, 08:51
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

KyleLiddell
15th Nov 2015, 18:12
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but did not download the day 1 patch and that resolved this. I redownloaded the day 1 patch after I finished the quest.

Tecstar70
15th Nov 2015, 21:54
Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, when you fitted the Day One Update and retried the same action it was fine and the original issue experienced had gone.

KyleLiddell
16th Nov 2015, 03:27
Correct. That is what happened. I haven't replayed that mission specifically yet (2nd playthrough) I'll update if the problem persists with the day one patch.

Tecstar70
16th Nov 2015, 09:01
Correct. That is what happened. I haven't replayed that mission specifically yet (2nd playthrough) I'll update if the problem persists with the day one patch.

Thanks Kyle.

KyleLiddell
20th Nov 2015, 05:35
I recently replayed the mission and there was no issue. I don't know what happened the first time but it's fine now.

Tecstar70
20th Nov 2015, 07:41
Thanks again!

Sevanj
30th Dec 2015, 03:27
I recently replayed the mission and there was no issue. I don't know what happened the first time but it's fine now.

I am still having this issue after re-installing the game and the patch. This has not been resolved for me.

Sevanj
12th Jan 2016, 17:56
As I said over a week ago, this issue has not actually be resolved with update 1 or any update. I'm playing on xbox one, I came back to finish this quest after finishing the main story, and it would not complete. Please update the master bug list to reflect that this bug is still unresolved.

WhippyLizard
24th Jan 2016, 17:29
This is either not fixed or was broken in the last released patch and is now preventing me from completing 100%

I have included a short video showing it not functioning with patch 3
http://1drv.ms/1Ntoqqv

It is not possible for me to "downgrade" because I own the digital version of the game..

Any work around possible for this?

GoingRoadKing
26th Jan 2016, 01:19
Same issue on Xbox One. Uninstalled, restarted console, reinstalled digital version, quest will not complete. Reloaded previous save, still will not complete.

SirSchmelckALot
27th Jan 2016, 14:41
I've encountered the same problem on Xbox one. Tried everything, please fix.

VTwinSquid
27th Jan 2016, 17:02
^Same problem for me, same 'fixes' attempted with no joy :(

brianbeastsu
30th Jan 2016, 05:21
Same problem on Xbox one

Valenka
30th Jan 2016, 20:23
Same here. Just realized I had one mission I never finished. Tried to finish it, can't complete the mission due to the bug. :rolleyes:

brokentechnology
31st Jan 2016, 23:29
I just started going for my 100% run today, fully patched, physical disc and hit the same bug. Cannot turn in the quest. I tried reloading and all, but no results. Have not tried removing the patch or any of that.

callisto34
1st Feb 2016, 04:09
Posting to echo what has already been said here, running into the same bug. Will try completing a few main quests and see if I can come back and complete it later. A bit frustrating... =(

GoingRoadKing
1st Feb 2016, 18:55
Same issue on Xbox One. Uninstalled, restarted console, reinstalled digital version, quest will not complete. Reloaded previous save, still will not complete.

UPDATE: Replay on "Survivor" mode, took mission the second it was available, completed and turned in. Other save still stuck at 99%, with 2 achievements missing from not turning this mission in due to bug.

grumpybob
2nd Feb 2016, 01:55
Can confirm. Still broken. Uninstalled, reinstalled, bypassed the update, still doesn't work. Please fix!

BadgerSteveO
4th Feb 2016, 16:05
Hi, still having this problem on xbox one version.

XYLAMIC
7th Feb 2016, 15:17
Doesn't work for me either.

marcuspereira
7th Feb 2016, 15:20
This was NOT fixed! Please update this issue on the Master Bug List.

Same issue here. 99% completed save due to this glitch.
Playing on Xbox One with the latest patch installed.

Please just say that you guys are aware on the fact that this glitch wasn't fixed yet.

Rickshaw360
8th Feb 2016, 07:23
Broke.

PinkVoltage
22nd Feb 2016, 02:15
Just chiming in to say that this is still broken on Xbox One with the latest patch installed.

Dale_Quickness
22nd Feb 2016, 22:49
Guys, please fix the Gulag Recon mission already. I have not been able to complete this for months and i check weekly to see if i can complete my most favored game of 2015, but nothing ever happens. How can it possibly take this long? If CD Project Red can patch their games weekly because they care about their product, why can't you? You have my money, now fix it! Its been 3 damn months!

Philthyacres
27th Feb 2016, 08:05
Im currently having the same problem. Im at 99% for the game and it will not let me complete defensive strategy!! Which means i can also not complete the high dive mission to give me 100%. Super Frustrating!

HB3333
3rd Mar 2016, 15:26
Just started the game a few weeks ago and am now to this point, same bugg with all the updates.

FireHawk70
5th Mar 2016, 06:09
I've played the game since launch day. I only can play a few hours here and there. So I finally finished everything else today. But I still cannot finish the gulag recon. My first world problem is that I can't get 100% in this game. Come on square Enix please fix the bug.

Riirii07
5th Mar 2016, 23:02
Same bug for me, and my game is full patched. Really annoying bug, cannot completed the game 100%. Hope it will be fix soon.

marcuspereira
9th Mar 2016, 11:57
I almost can't believe that Crystal/Square will not fix this glitch. No one said a word on this thread after the "fix" on patch #1.
That's sad. Really sad.

Erancal
9th Mar 2016, 21:58
Apparently, "Under Investigation" means "we are ignoring you."

I have this same issue. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that there is a manual fix. You go offline, delete the game file from your hard drive (not your save file!) and then reload the disc while still disconnected. This will reload the game without the patch that is apparently causing the issue. You go turn in the mission and the guy will accept it. You can then reconnect to the internet.

As I said, I haven't tried it, just read about it.

busmech
14th Mar 2016, 09:13
I am having same problem. I have the game on Xbox One. I assume it is fully patched. Is there any way to verify that all the patches are installed?

lordeleo
14th Mar 2016, 16:59
SHAME!!! Same problem here!!!
5 months after this BUG REPORT, and we still have the problem.
I have the digital version of the game, so I can't uninstall patch ...
ALL we want is to PLAY the game we PAID for, with no BUGS.
unjustifiable

nate1280
24th Mar 2016, 20:59
Still have this glitch even after the latest patch (from the 23rd), is this ever going to get fixed?

The prompt to press X is there for the turn in, but, can press it all you want nothing happens.

Dale_Quickness
25th Mar 2016, 22:25
I just can't believe it. Another f'ing patch and still no fix for this. 5 f'ing month later. You guys are some real pricks.

ch1ck3nubbl37
31st Mar 2016, 18:36
I'm having the exact same problem, I have a physical copy of the disc and I have tried literally everything I can think of, still not working, I've done everything else in the game, this mission is all I have left to turn in, I have day one patch all dlc up to date, I've been sitting on 99% for two months, and I just want you guys to patch this, come on

Desynthesis
22nd Apr 2016, 23:50
Having installed the April 20th patch, this is still broken for me as well--uninstalling/reinstalling didn't seem to help. It's exactly as described: hitting 'X' by the quest giver does not actually turn in the quest. Lara just stands there instead.

Predator7210
24th Apr 2016, 12:23
[physical disc] When I go to turn in the "Gulag Recon" mission, the quest giver says "welcome back, what did you learn?" But when I try to turn it in, it just makes the sons effect for pressing a button and doesn't do anything. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't do anything. This is preventing me from gaining 100% in this hub. This is during the main campaign after competing the story. I have not completed the game in a different save slot.
The same thing is happening with the defensive strategy mission on geothermal valley , I have all the supplies I need to fortify the guard towers but I don't seem to be able to answer back to the remnant builder, not being able to finish the mission and therefore not being able to finish the high diving challenge either because one of the high dive is from one of the guard towers ! What a mess ! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated ! Thanks

Predator7210
24th Apr 2016, 12:25
Im currently having the same problem. Im at 99% for the game and it will not let me complete defensive strategy!! Which means i can also not complete the high dive mission to give me 100%. Super Frustrating!

The same problem here! I'm sitting on 99% for I don't know how long now ! Let's hope they fix it soon

EclipseDem
9th Jun 2016, 22:17
Still having the problem everyone else is having. I have the Day One Collector's Box for the Xbox One. This bug is still there and has yet to be fixed. Hoping it gets fixed soon.

Gonzo345
10th Jun 2016, 23:39
I sincerely hope they fix this as as soon as I can easily think it will be included on the next PS4 version...

GodSlyr
30th Jun 2016, 02:08
Still not fixed, still can't turn in this mission. Tried deleting game and reinstalling while offline and disconnected, but saves won't load. Probably because they were made with patches installed, just get some kind of error that Durango-W\.drm can't load. Over six months later, it is still an issue, yet says it is resolved on master bug list. On Xbox One.

Breakstay
2nd Jul 2016, 19:01
Same for me, I can't hand in the Gulag Recon mission even though it's complete. It says press X when I'm next to the quest giver but when i do, the noise can be heard but nothing happens. This is on Xbox one. For a game that's all about getting 100% completion, this bug is really bad! Fix please!

AuzReaper83
10th Jul 2016, 06:21
I have the same issue on xbox360 tried updating to update number 6 and still not fixing the issue its been reported for sometime now and still no fix what the hell is going on!!!!!

Erancal
11th Jul 2016, 21:14
Thanks for the information. We're looking into this!

Really? What is the latest? It's been a long time since this was reported and it is a very significant bug. Some info would be nice.

walrice
6th Aug 2016, 08:43
so here we are, 65 days away from the PS4 launch and this still isn't fixed on XB. I'm trying to 100% this before I get it on PS4 (where hopefully I'll be able to 100% it with no bugs because I NEVER played the reboot without 100% it). this is pretty bad, tbh.

Crystal_QA
3rd Sep 2016, 22:18
Hello,

We believe we have a fix that may resolve the issue for users that have been affected by it, and are aiming to include it in our next patch in early October.

In order to confirm the validity of the fix, I would like to know if anyone has encountered this bug recently on a patched version of the game. Most of the reports we've seen had users hitting it that started on the Disc or Day 1 patch build. So please let me know if you are up to date, started a new game recently, and still encountered this bug.

Thanks-

aguiardf
12th Sep 2016, 02:04
I am with this problem now in the cave tighten the X nothing happens after catching all Intes any solution to this bug?

KyleLiddell
12th Sep 2016, 17:01
I am with this problem now in the cave tighten the X nothing happens after catching all Intes any solution to this bug?

I was the one who originally started this thread so I'll tell you how I fixed it. I uninstalled the entire game and when I reinstalled it, I DID NOT install the day one patch (I have the disc version so I disconnected my console from the internet, I'm not sure how this works with the digital version). This seemed to resolve the issue for me. After I completed the quest, I reinstalled the patch and never had this problem again when I replayed.

aguiardf
13th Sep 2016, 01:53
I installed and reinstalled the game but still with the same problem will be updated patch for this problem?

aguiardf
13th Sep 2016, 01:58
I've tried reinstalling the game but still remains the wrath mistake to have a patch to fix this in gulag mission?

nate1280
11th Oct 2016, 13:13
Still does not work with todays xbox one patch, this is rather sad, I'd really like to finish playing this game and buy the addon content.

nate1280
11th Oct 2016, 14:57
I see in the PC patch notes, there's "Added a safeguard to allow the player to turn in the Gulag Recon quest if the mission giver was unresponsive.", is this also in the XBOX One patch? Will patch notes be posted for it? Or was the download so far not the full patch yet?

I just tried again, to double check, and the mission giver is still unresponsive, can press X all you want and still nothing happens.

grazzingcow
14th Oct 2016, 01:11
Hello,

We believe we have a fix that may resolve the issue for users that have been affected by it, and are aiming to include it in our next patch in early October.

In order to confirm the validity of the fix, I would like to know if anyone has encountered this bug recently on a patched version of the game. Most of the reports we've seen had users hitting it that started on the Disc or Day 1 patch build. So please let me know if you are up to date, started a new game recently, and still encountered this bug.

Thanks-

I have a digital copy of the game. Freshly installed on new xbox one s (also had issue on regular xbox one). Latest update is 10/11/16. Current quest Defensive Strategy: Return to the Remnant Builder. When I return I still experience the problem of pressing X when talking to the builder and nothing happens except the noise. Have fast traveled away from the area, as I did load up in that area, and fast traveled back to it still not working. Thank you for still looking into this. Any more information you require please let me know.

GC

PKiernan1985
5th Nov 2016, 20:10
Hi all, after i finished the main story i stopped playing this for a bit but a day ago i thought i would 100% it and i had already collected the stuff for this mission but like everyone above i am also unable to turn this mission in, pressing X just makes a sound but nothing happens, this has been going for a while from what i can see and its now November so can we get this fixed already.

Iceman62881
6th Nov 2016, 16:15
Bought the xbox one TR bundle back on November 2015, beat the game last month... Have not been able to pass that mission to this day... Tried it again yesterday and just now. I saw the october patch and thought that would be included... nope. PLEASE FIX THIS! it's INSANELY annoying for completion freaks.

PKiernan1985
9th Nov 2016, 12:43
Hi guys, me again, so i realized the other day that i had not done a run on survivor difficulty so i thought this was a perfect opportunity to try it again and i have just returned from the prison with the intel and it did allow me to finish the mission :) im not sure why it has let me do it this time but i can tell you that i have not finished the main story and im at the part were trinity have just attacked us after looking at the atlas, dont want to say to much more due to possible spoilers but yeah it has worked this time for me.

maryjblige
13th Nov 2016, 03:29
I got the disc version in August along with the Xbox One S and I've never had this issue. Very strange... Hope it will be fixed rather than just changing the difficulty.

Link-Garou
1st Dec 2016, 01:11
Hello,

Thanks-

We still have this bug, so move to fix it ! We can't reach the 100% since 1 year !!!

JSmilk
23rd Dec 2016, 13:52
Hi all, just run into this bug myself today and I found a fix that worked for me.

I uninstalled Tomb Raider (which keeps the save games), rebooted my console, disconnected from wifi to prevent updates, reinstalled from the disk, ran to the dude and he accepted my info, now 100% complete in soviet installation!

I really hope this works for others.

Now I've done the mission, I've reconnected my wifi and I've updated. All sorted, good luck :)

Gonzo345
27th Dec 2016, 19:55
I can't believe this is still not patched...

Vacarack
6th Jan 2017, 17:23
I uninstalled Tomb Raider (which keeps the save games), rebooted my console, disconnected from wifi to prevent updates, reinstalled from the disk, ran to the dude and he accepted my info, now 100% complete in soviet installation!

Alas, this does not help those who own digital.

elementalcase
9th Jan 2017, 22:44
This is still an issue on PS4. Please fix. So annoying. You would think professional software engineers or coders or whoever writes the game code would take pride in their work and fix the problems that are present in an already released game. Makes me think money is the only factor in the decision making. smh.

elementalcase
9th Jan 2017, 23:01
I stand corrected......i rebooted the game and it let me finish it this time :)

atmgnd
10th Jan 2017, 01:09
Hello,

Thanks-

After you loking for it for 1 year, I still have this problem, "Started a new game" is impossible, cuz that means play it twice.

Scruffy281
12th Jan 2017, 09:26
I burned through the campaign shortly after the game was released then started doing the side missions. Gulag Recon was my last one and I have been having the same issue turning it into the quest giver in the cave for over a year. I put the game aside for a few months and would check back every month or so. Never fixed.

I loved the game but held off buying any DLC until the glitch was fixed. I gave in and bought the Season Pass on sale last month. I finished the Baba Yaga and Blood Ties DLC already. I was hoping doing everything in the Baba Yaga area then finally coming back to the quest giver would work. No joy. Can't even count how many times I have heard "Welcome back, what did you learn?".

I have a disc copy on the Xbone. I started the game and completed it on a Day One Xbox One. I am now playing on a OneS and have the same issue. My OCD is killing me I have been dying to finish quest 6/6.

XanderB12
12th Jan 2017, 09:41
I am having this same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game without any updates, but when I go to play the game, I get an error that looks like this.

http://imgur.com/jGsOEzq

I tried a few more times which only cause the game to crash and I was unable to load. I guess all I can ask for is that this would be fixed in the next update. PLEASE.

GoingRoadKing
30th Jan 2017, 19:18

New Xbox One S, re-installed digital version of the game, loaded save file, cannot turn in for completion. Reasons like this is why I no longer purchase an Ubisoft game.

LynkinOfficial
16th Feb 2017, 01:57
Wow... i thought this error was fixed already. I'm trying to get 100% in the game but this error still lives in the game hahahahaha Any fix for that ?!

Metallion
29th Nov 2017, 13:42
I would like to finish this game at 100% on XBOX One but because they won't fix the Gulag mission bug, I can't. If you are not going to fix this, then send an update that marks this mission complete for those that have this mission in progress. 2 Years and you can't get this fixed, unreal!

MIZDOVE
8th Feb 2018, 04:53
It’s February of 2018 and this is still not fixed. Same thing, can’t turn in the mission. Hitting X, nothing happens. How many years now has this been glitched? Nice job.

MIZDOVE
8th Feb 2018, 19:28
The solution to delete the game, reinstall and play offline without update did not work for me on the XBOX X. Here is what i did to test and solve this issue, which after hours of effort, was finally solved.

1. Attempted to uninstall game, reinstall and play offline. Result: game wouldn’t load, just got Black Screen.
2. Attempted to uninstall the DLCs. RESULT: got error message about a Durango file missing and only option was to Terminate.
3. Reinstalled DLCs. Tried to load game again. Result: BLACK SCREEN. The game simply would not load in offline mode on the XBOX X.

I began to realize this solution would not work on the X, so i decided to move my external hard drive to the standard XBOX One console that i still have and try from there.

1. Tried to load game RESULT: Game loaded but only option was to start a new game. Because i was offline, it was also not syncing save file from cloud.
2. Went online to go ahead and download the update, so that i could sync from the cloud after it was done. I was going to go ahead and delete the game again once update was done and game was sync’d, so i could install and turn in that mission offline.
3. I decided to try to load the game mid-update but it was stuck on the resume option. Update was only halfway thru.
4. Tried a few minutes later and it let me load the game AND TURN IN THE MISSION.

I did not need to wait for update to finish, i did not need to uninstall, reinstall offline without update which was the next plan.

I should get an achievement for all this time and effort required just to turn in one tiny little side mission.

Developers, you need to fix this glitch. You may have solved it on the standard XBOX One, but the solution to uninstall and reinstall/play offline to turn in the one mission, does not work on the XBOX X.

Jule
14th Feb 2018, 20:31
I can't bring this mission to an end because i can't talk with that guy. He only says "Hi...blablabla" and not more :( it's the last quest before i recieve 100% :(

Fix it - Please!

DMNTS1
17th Apr 2018, 10:33
Edition: [Xbox One X][Digital] Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration

The bug is still present. I can't turn in the mission. Tried to uninstall all the DLCs - same problem remains.
Please fix this issue...

Scruffy281
29th Apr 2018, 22:30
Still having issues with this bug. Uninstalling/reinstalling the game on the Xbox does not clear it.

Very frustrating, as this is keeping me from completing 2 Achievements. The mission has been complete, but the quest giver does not respond to the TALK command.

LynkinOfficial
13th Jun 2018, 03:22
WOW! 2018 and u guys haven't fixed this glitch? Jesus... will there be any glitches like this at the Shadow of the Tomb Raider too? Won't be buying it until this gulag mission is fixed........

Scruffy281
17th Aug 2018, 05:05
This glitch is STILL broken.

SQUARE... anything???

This is destroying 2 completion achievements.

rahst12
27th Nov 2018, 06:14
I just ran through this. I'm 74% complete in the game. I have digital copy - 30.5GB install, and the 20 Year Celebration Pack, Baba Yaga, and a number more add-ons from a sale on the Microsoft Store this past summer.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling. While the reinstall was happening, I tried numerous times to start the game, as suggested above by MIZDOVE. No luck. Tomb Raider won't let me load my save point until I have 100% of the base game installed (30.5GB).

I've gone back to each of the locations for the intelligence to make sure I got them and triggered anything that could have happened. I did run across some people and fought/killed them, although this did nothing to advance the game.

The Challenge Mission is green and is prompting me to return to the Scout to return the intelligence. Any help here would be great!