PDA

View Full Version : [XB1/360] Language Issue Causes Black Screen After Cutscene [Resolved]

TwitchingOwl
13th Nov 2015, 13:49
[Moderator Note]

Issue: Starting a new game with the console language set to Dutch causes a black screen during cinematics.

Workaround: Change the console language to English and continue. After getting past the spot of your blocker, you may be able to return to Dutch and continue.

This bug has been resolved and will be fixed in patch #2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I just installed ROTTR this morning.
I was able to plsy for 5 minute but after Lara's fall (cutscene) I got a black screen and couldn't do anything.
Now, I reinstalled the game but no can do... still that black screen. Now after the first cut scene.

No need to say that like almost everybody, I updated my XO yesterday to get the NXOE.

Please, help :-(

Olivier

HeavensBreath
13th Nov 2015, 14:25
Was about to pick up my preorder, however they informed me that I best didn't buy it yet as all the persons who have installed it this morning had returned their copy as the game stopped after the first cutscene. Very dissapointing as I really looked out at playing TR this weekend (even cleared all my appointments).

Please get this fixes ASAP.

Tecstar70
13th Nov 2015, 14:43
There are lots of people playing it without issue so I don't think this is a generic problem. Have you tried uninstalling, clearing the cache the reinstalling? Also please ensure you have installed the update before playing.

k3rb3r05
13th Nov 2015, 15:04
same problem here. removed all TR user data en reserved space, then did an uninstall and reinstall. problem is not solved.
how do i check the update status?

HeavensBreath
13th Nov 2015, 16:08
Heard back from the retailer (GameMania). You can fix it by setting the language of the console to English iso Dutch. An official fix would be released later to get it fixed according to their contact.

TwitchingOwl
13th Nov 2015, 18:41
Heard back from the retailer (GameMania). You can fix it by setting the language of the console to English iso Dutch. An official fix would be released later to get it fixed according to their contact.

That's indeed the fix.. but seriously! Looks like only english speaking people tested that game!
Anyway, waiting for a fix/patch/update..

Thanks!

brianpostma
13th Nov 2015, 19:37
Same problem here. I'll try the suggestion above. I was about to return the game to the store.

But can somebody please, please, kick those Microsoft idiots in their faces. Why is it still impossible to select The Netherlands as your country with English as the language. As if there are only Dutch speaking persons living in the Netherlands. I really regret buying this XBox piece of garbage.

Tecstar70
13th Nov 2015, 19:40
Just to clarify, are you all saying you are installing the game with the language set as Dutch and then experiencing the issue and by setting it to English it clears the issue? If you set it back to Dutch again does everything work OK or do you still have problems?

k3rb3r05
13th Nov 2015, 19:51
Just to clarify, are you all saying you are installing the game with the language set as Dutch and then experiencing the issue and by setting it to English it clears the issue? If you set it back to Dutch again does everything work OK or do you still have problems?

yes, xbox language was set at Dutch. Changed it to English and the problem is solved. Then set it back to Dutch and everything works OK (except starting in new game, resuming works fine!)

Tecstar70
13th Nov 2015, 19:57
yes, xbox language was set at Dutch. Changed it to English and the problem is solved. Then set it back to Dutch and everything works OK (except starting in new game, resuming works fine!)

Thanks!

TwitchingOwl
13th Nov 2015, 20:09
Same problem here. I'll try the suggestion above. I was about to return the game to the store.

But can somebody please, please, kick those Microsoft idiots in their faces. Why is it still impossible to select The Netherlands as your country with English as the language. As if there are only Dutch speaking persons living in the Netherlands. I really regret buying this XBox piece of garbage.

Brian,

Same here, why can I not set my XO to English if my location is set to Belgium.
Posted this here

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/2073521.aspx

Anyway, I will not say problem solved when setting the language to English and location UK cause the Store prices appear then in pounds!

Not cool!

MeaganMarie
13th Nov 2015, 20:34
Hello all! Quick note to say were investigating this issue at the studio. We apologize for the trouble!

Highlevel
14th Nov 2015, 00:53
�� is this product tested? The game doesn't work at all when language is to dutch (black screen). The skip button worked only after the thirth time a 'skip' message appeared on screen. I had to switch to english to get the game working.

Tecstar70
14th Nov 2015, 08:53
Thanks for the report. Added to the Master Bug List (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=182990&p=2183288#post2183288)

EdwinPouwel
16th Nov 2015, 21:21
I had the same problem. Switching the language of my Xbox one from Dutch to English 'solved' the problem.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Regards,

Edwin

ajaxle
13th Dec 2015, 20:59
How can I change languages when the disc won't boot anymore?